your killing me smalls,

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Anihilator-Emarr, May 1, 2020.

1. Anihilator-Emarr Journeyman

i was just about to do something different after exp'n in same spot all day , come onnnnnn
    Whulfgar and SmellyFinger like this.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea I was just doing a new heroic mission for the first time and boom both my accounts out of the blue got disconnected!

Andarriel
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  3. KalbicWidmer New Member

WTF is wrong with this company? Lazy is what I call this. You don't even have a large population compared to other games. This is ridiculous
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  4. Anihilator-Emarr Journeyman

and now even game chat
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  5. Sine_of_the_Times New Member

This is what happens when you cut corners to save money. This is what happens when you host servers on unvetted, cheaper infrastructure. It's not safe to play this game anymore, it's not safe to invest time.
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

7. Buster_Shruggs Augur

LOL, I just finished the collect portion of a Bonus daily HA in record time and as soon as I noticed trade window wasn't opening up with turn in npc I hit that f11. Disappointing to say the least. :(
  8. Rumplestilskin Lorekeeper

No soup for you !
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Windance Augur

I doubt anyone on the team is "Lazy". It's more likely they are understaffed and unable to find the root cause(s) of the issues. Bugs that happen every time I do X->Y->Z are easy to find and squish. Bugs that happen infrequently with no apparent cause are not.

Walk a mile in their shoes before ...
  10. Kovachs Lorekeeper

Oh my God. I can't imagine how some of you react in real life when you fall on hard times. Game goes down for 5 minutes and it's the end of the world. Grow up. 20 year old game, understaffed, overworked developers doing their best -- most likely from home.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

ouch

Andarriel
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Perfect..
  13. KalbicWidmer New Member

Windance this game has been around 21 years and it functions like a game that is in its first year. You would think after 21 years you could fix the bugs, right? It's not a complicated game compared to what is out there. I will agree they could be understaffed and if that is the case then shame on the greedy aholes who aren't hiring the people who are needed to keep this game functional.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

When the game comes down people come here maybe your a newbie or something? ive been playing almost 20yrs im just here til they come back up.

Andarriel
  15. seber Augur

well maybe the EQ gods want you go bed lol.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

21 years of code built upon on top of older code which is yet built up on top of older code ..

If you think its soo easy.. Get get hired by them an be the change you want to see in the world (of norrath) ..

Simple.
  17. Celephane Augur

Do you code? If you do, do you even know old languages for coding? People get older and evolve code doesn't just "evolve" over time and get better
    minimind likes this.
  18. Kovachs Lorekeeper

That's cool you've been playing that long, have been playing many years off and on myself, started in 1999 shortly after this game came out -- far from a newbie, dude. And my comment wasn't necessarily directed at you but the people who are quick to blame admins and accuse them of being "lazy" which is just stupid and rude. These people working in the gaming industry likely put in more effort than what they are paid for and then have to deal with people that want to belittle their efforts in keeping this 21 year old game alive.
  19. Anduven Journeyman

You're.*

Sorry, I had to do it.
    Tatanka and dreadlord like this.
  20. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Server crashing may have to do with the server company they use. It may not have to do with programing. In that case it is likely out side their control. Today I lost my game, and out side I see the truck for my ISP doing maintenance on my neighborhood cable box.

Suff Happens
    Gyurika Godofwar and Whulfgar like this.