2 PCs for boxing on Aradune?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Barthorn, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Barthorn Elder

I understand they stated it's "Truebox", but if we are only limited to 2 accounts why make it so we need 2 PCs in order to box?
    Ileasa and Jenarie like this.
  2. gladiatoreq Elder

I support this idea. Please allow us to play two accounts from one computer.

Saves energy, more convenient, less desk clutter, etc. Forcing people to play on multiple PCs just results in extra freeware on computers, poor-performing mouse and keyboard sharing programs, etc.

Do it right, make the necessary changes in the Truebox code to allow for two simultaneous instances of EQ on one PC.
    Shui, Ileasa, Zinth and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Would also like to see truebox turned into true2box for Aradune, would save me some $$$ and some headache!
  4. Rebelicious Augur

The main reason I don't pay for a second account is because I don't have a second computer. If I was allowed to 2 box on my 1 computer I would invest in second account. I'm sure that applies to a lot more people than those who multi-box from multiple machines. In other words, it's a way for the company to make money that they don't use... sad, but true.
    Ileasa and Minpire like this.
  5. Jenarie Elder

I asked this in another thread and got the answer:

To be fair and not take the quote out of context, it was an answer to:

(It is actually 2 accounts per person not household, I mistyped but not changing original quote to correct it)
  6. Mashef Augur

This change would cement me and my group as players. They aren't really clear about automation and Rizlona so that server appears to be a bot haven even though they won't answer questions about it. It would be cool to just 2 or 3 box so account limit per machine for Aradune is a great compromise. If you can have 2 players per person it would stand to reason its pretty easy to identify 6 AF as 1 person for a GM. It isn't hard to figure out.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah removing truebox would be real nice, should get them some more subbed accounts if the barrier to entry isn't as steep to 2 box.
    Ileasa and KimchiGoddess like this.
  8. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Very disappointed about the 2 PC rule.
    I'd like to 2 box on Aradune on one PC though, just by tabbing between the 2 accounts.
    I checked my old laptop it's fubar, and my old PC I left in the garage and it went rusty :D

At this stage justifying buying another PC or laptop to play a old game just isn't happening. Yes I could just buy a cheap refurbished whatever, but it seems somewhat silly for a 20+ year old game.

If there is anyway to prove to DPG that only 2 accounts are being played on one PC, would they consider changing the rules? dumb question but might as well ask.
    Ileasa likes this.
  9. Protagonist Tank

Just play Rizlona, which is otherwise identical other than a single rule difference which allows you to do exactly what you're wanting?
  10. KimchiGoddess Augur

That's my answer too, but I also see this server being a haven for RMTers and botters ala Efreeti camp, RM giants, SG hoarding etc regardless of policing. I wouldn't want to play on it myself. I mean 6 months of a GM and then they'll look into things. Correct me if I'm wrong but that takes the servers through Classic and Kunark but stops at Velious where there's always been a huge unaddressed botting problem in SG with the botters holding down multiple picks to farm and control the market for these items.
  11. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Am I missing something here? Isn't Rizlona a true-box server also, just you can have more than 1 account?
    Or can you have as many accounts on one machine as you like?

Anyway I prefer to play just 1 toon maybe 2 on rare occasion, which is why I prefer the Aradune ruleset. I'm not interested in 6 boxing, botting VM stuff at all. It is why I ditched Mangler like a stinky turd.
    So I'll just play 1 char on Aradune and hope the GM's sort out the botters.
  12. KimchiGoddess Augur

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that you can box an unlimited amount (as much as your PC can handle I guess?) on one PC on Rizlona and that Aradune is a truebox with a limit of 2 per person. Of course the "per person" part of it just opens up all kinds of boxing abuse, so we'll have to see how that actually pans out in game.
  13. Minpire Augur

I wish someone would clarify his questions because there seems to be Lack of explaining how aradune actually functions.
  14. KimchiGoddess Augur

Not sure if this is exactly what you're getting at, so apologies if I'm misunderstanding you.

From the announcement regarding the new servers:

"An EverQuest Progression Server is a way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time, starting during the earlier eras of the game. The Aradune Truebox Dedicated Progression and Rizlona Boxed Dedicated Progression servers"

I think the lack of the word Truebox in the Rizlona bolded part indicates it's not a truebox server, it will function like normal live servers in terms of boxing.

Dreamweaver has also clarified that the 2 box limit on Aradune will be per person: Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Which means you could have 3 "people" in your house and run 6 boxes.
    Tucoh likes this.
  15. Minpire Augur

Exactly! i would Buy X2 the 40$ Bags,Mounts, Illusions, Potions, Lol to bad we are getting MANGLER 2.0 CLONE & Rizlona The CLOWN SHOW

16. Barthorn Elder

I would definitely be playing 2 accounts on one PC if able. I don't have a second PC or room on my desk for another set up. I've done 2 PC's before it was not fun managing 2 mice and 2 keyboards. Please make changes! It doesn't make sense to NEED 2 computers in able to 2 box on a 2 MAX server!
    Ileasa likes this.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

What is your opinion on 3 boxing on 3 computers, or 4 boxing on 2 computers, 3 on 1, on on the 2nd?
  18. a_librarian Augur

Approve of this idea but definitely don't see it happening. It would require new work and probably ain't happening for that reason alone
  19. C3lowz Augur

Sounds like you guys want to play on Rizlona then. That server is their for this reason.

I for one am totally fine with having 2 box on 2 PC's. If I did not want to, I would play Rizlona.

Fact is, I don't want boxing, at all. And Aradune will be the closest to that. So I'm happy, I feel this server is directed towards us and most P99 players who don't want to. Personally I will box, I do box, 3 chars atm, but I am totally fine with going down to 2, and needing 2 PC's for it.
    Phaiden likes this.
  20. Myzfyt New Member

I am sorry I am a little confused this might seem like a stupid question. I have been playing EQ for years and just in the last few years boxed with 2 computers. So if you have two accounts you can not box 2 characters on to have four from your home? I am just fine with two my alts are usually just for buffs and tradeskills anyway just curious