How stable is the Rizlona server going to be?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smallhands, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Smallhands Elder

Having seen Mangler, especially lately, this should be one of the top questions DPG as well as players have for this server, considering there will be no limit apparently on how many boxes people can play on it. I know it will be unstable for the first week I'm sure, but after the dust settles, what has DPG talked about or planned to make sure this server will be able to handle X number of players all boxing unlimited numbers of toons?

Are we in store for Mangler 2.0 levels of downtime, or something far far worse?
  2. Zansobar Augur

Rizlona doesn't look to be that popular of a server especially compared to Aradune.
  3. Zinth Augur

how will the weather be in a month?

noone knows, time will tell, same goes for Rizlona
    Skuz likes this.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Based on past TLPs Rizlona will most likely be less populated and therefor more stable, but by DPG standards stable is like once or twice a week crashes.
  5. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

Yeah we can run Rizlona on my old pentium I. We gonna need a beafy boss of a server for Aradune though.
  6. Beep Elder

Rizlona is gonna be the most relaxed server in TLP history. No truebox whiners, no krono farmers since their customers (truebox whiners) are on Aradune. Lots of people just enjoying boxing 2-6 toons on one computer like human beings.
  7. Protagonist Tank

At least a 7. Maybe a green 7.

Because questions like this are meaningless, so the answers should be too.
    Genoane likes this.
  8. Smallhands Elder

I'm hoping :)
  9. Gemstoner Elder

Although in this case, it tells us that you have another 13 years before you have to go to Carousel. Don't be a runner, citizen ... enjoy those years.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, once it reaches Luclin it will be this stable...

[IMG]
  11. Machen New Member

If the true answer is that the server is probably not going to be very stable, do you really expect DPG to tell you that?

Not sure what the point is in asking this question.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Itll probably be like mangler and selo... both very popular but the traditional truebox tlp will have more players and all the big boxers.
  13. KimchiGoddess Augur

Honestly the fact that everyone is saying Aradune will be more popular than Rizlona and reading how it's 2 accounts per "person" on Aradune disappoints me. I feel like all the RMTers and botters will be running untouched on Aradune like they do every other server and I was hoping to get away from that with limited boxing. Ugh.
  14. Gremin Augur

Dead Halfling Society will be rolling on Rizlona, under new name because DHS is taken on Ragefire. I think you will be surprised the numbers we will get on Rizlona, albeit they will be skewed by boxing somewhat.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Would be interesting if the GMs jackbooted 3+ boxing on Aradune harrrrd but the punishment was only to have your characters transfered to Rizlona. If this happened i could see that server getting a lot of people :D

Probably lots of people are doubting the tenacity of the new GMs and are planning on rolling their 6boxes on Aradune, or will grow their group if they start to see teams running around unmolested.
    Overcast451, Skuz and KimchiGoddess like this.
  16. KimchiGoddess Augur

Haha, I like the way you think. That would be beautiful.

I feel exactly this, it will be interesting to see if things like that are actually dealt with or if everyone will get a pass because the "family" is playing together. I don't doubt that there are families playing together. I've grouped with many people playing with their SOs and/or kids, but I feel like those needing to play that many are more suited to Rizlona. Too bad the powers that be don't agree.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A lot of the regular forum users understand that the "target audience" for those looking to profit from the game are going to be the players on Aradune.

The reason they are going to be far less interested in Rizlona is because that server provides competition to them - operating on Rizlona is going to be far more hard work precisely because everyone else can pretty much do what they like to do on Truebox servers.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  18. KimchiGoddess Augur

So really at the end of the day we'll have to wait and see if they're actually going to prevent all this RMT botting and zone/camp hogging or if Aradune ends up like every other TLP in those terms, regardless of the rules.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah, that's a big part of the experimental nature of this 6 month dedicated GM trial, how effective does it end up being and whether that is also cost-effective to maintain.

I know that GMs existed in the past but a massive amount of things have happened since we last had GM's like this and so we should really be looking at this with a fresh perspective rather than being too jaded about it.

I wish the new GM the very best of luck & I really hope it does prove to be effective at keeping the bad-actor problems to an acceptable minimum & also ends up being cost-effective, I am cautiously optimistic because at least Darkpaw are trying here.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  20. KimchiGoddess Augur

I absolutely agree with you and give them credit for that. I don't mean to be doom and gloom about it, but as someone who has always loved the game and been playing since 99, these bad seeds have been a point of frustration. I sincerely hope that Aradune ends up being the server we want it to be and that we don't see 4 picks of 18 bots in SG and that you can get your own GEBs with ease instead of forking over plat to an RMT farmer.

Way back when all it took was being up at 6am to find the single pick Solb Efreeti camp open for your group ;p
    Skuz likes this.