How do you intend to enforce the 2-box max?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ayoheee, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Sikkun Augur

This didn’t age well did it?

Was always stated at 2 per person.....not sure why people jumped to IP limit.

Which literally is no harder to get around than whatever they end up doing. People are going to loophole this no matter what, but if they actually police it it should be better than normal.
  2. Smallhands Elder

Would hate to be those GMs who will be working through so many false positive reports, as well as the genuine groups(family or not) who will be constantly "checked" on when all they are trying to do is play a game.

Just to be safe, we all better start running through zones to the camp spot 1 at a time to make sure the solo witch hunters out there don't get a sniff of something they think is going on, and send in multiple reports an hour. It's going to happen quite a lot, I guarantee it. Just look at all of the posts in these forums already about people who can't wait to report others.

Can't wait, going to be fun! /sarc
  3. Everquester12 New Member

So I guess the only way to get caught true-boxing more than 2 is if someone reports them to a GM who will perform some kind of 'test' on them? Will GMs be going into DZ's to check in on raids?

I suspect it will be pretty easy for people to have 3rd char- buff/rez box or porter camped nearby that you can log in intermittently as needed. Not that that's a huge concern
  4. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

I will be keeping my beady eye on everyone, so watch out.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

1 No, you get to follow the same set of rules as everyone else and not get away with cheating because you're "Married with Children." Not being given special privileges is NOT have "less access"
    2 They're launching another almost identical ruleset server alongside it should you not like the ruleset of the first.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

And yet it works for every EQ and WoW private server.
  7. Machen New Member

How about we wait to hear Darkpaw's answer as to whether or not my wife, child and myself playing together on the same IP address is cheating or not... People are jumping to conclusions on both sides. I'd just like them to clarify.
    Ayoheee likes this.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The rule would be pointless if they allowed peoples imaginary family to all "2 box"

There is only one correct answer and if they give the incorrect answer well then it's moot since the server will die before it launches.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Ever the charmer. ;-)
  10. KimchiGoddess Augur

Apparently they can two box with their imaginary family all they want: aradune true box clarification
  11. xxar Augur

I just suggest 2 per ip , if you play with multiple people in a household .. play on the box server .. no exceptions period , problem solved.
  12. jeskola pheerie

13. Ruination Elder

IP is a complete joke and so easy to evade, it would be a waste of time and only punish people with more than 1 person playing in a house.

As for how they intend to stop people playing more than 2 accounts I doubt they tell us, rather they show those who do so first hand.
  14. Bullsnooze Augur

My advice would be this: Don't worry about how they're going to do it because as long as they follow through, it won't really matter.
  15. Spayce Augur

Yes, and there is never any drama on small private servers with uneven enforcement. Are you really that naive? I doubt you are.

Oh, and let's not even talk about the order of magnitude more policing that will be required on a new TLP compared to some private server.

What a lame attempt at being a fanboi. You can do better.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

There never really was on the WoW private servers i personally played on like Light's Hope.

Compare cheating on P99 to cheating on Mangler. It's not even remotely close. I don't think DPG will ever fully removing cheating players. But if they do enough to stop 6 naked mages from showing up and stealing Frenzy, enough that i can't just run to Sirens Grotto and see 18 afk farming bots i'll take it.
  17. Ayoheee Augur

Thanks for your advice. My advice: don't take anything DPG/DBG says at face value, ever. Because on every server they've announced they're taking measures to eliminate cheating, and on every server it has been completely ineffective. Not putting a smidgen of effort into Aradune until DBG/DPG convinces me this time they're going to competently address cheating and how they plan to do it.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No one cheats on p99 because there is no money in it because no one plays there. Any money is made by the people who run it, generating plat and items and selling them wholesale.
  19. Sikkun Augur

2.5k players right now.

2.5k > 0

Also greater than most of EQs servers.
  20. Azurefrost Elder

No money? They have to frequently watch for people RMTing items or accounts on that server. Also, no money would be better for Banning people. Because people always give the excuse that games on official servers like EQ and WoW take forever to band afk bots because those people are paying for multiple accounts so they are making money off them. Whereas on private server there is no incentive to wait to ban these botters.