Can we please make killing guards a thing again (Aradune)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by asmodethenaughty, Apr 30, 2020.

1. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

As someone who always plays evil races (nice guy IRL) I always used to enjoy the open sandbox way of being able to kill opposite faction guards for xp and coin.

Some of my favorite kill spots were halfling guards, HHK guards and nobles, freeport guards. So i guess I am axeing, DEVies, can we please make guards nice'n squishy again ? also give them some weapons and xp to drop ?

Maybe we could just enable this for classic > velious or classic > kunark.
    KimchiGoddess and Zinth like this.
  2. Zinth Augur

both the freeport and the nektulos guards were hunted all the time, I remember looting lots of fine steel from those that camped em and left them em corpses... was good times
    Herf likes this.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Those dorfs in butcher block was the best as a necro way back in the day. :D
    Zinth likes this.
  4. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

Oh man I used to love quadding Den and friends.
  5. Lineater Augur

One of my fond memories of old school EQ is coming across uber high level characters killing guards, like at the bridge in Karana. It was a combo of witnessing a PC powerful enough to kill a guard, and the whole lore/immersion aspect of evil races slaughtering guards.
    Herf and Zinth like this.
  6. Protagonist Tank

Guard camping - the g imps and simps path for people who were too terrible to get real groups.
  7. a_librarian Augur

High keep guards are still extremely good xp and cash. The place will be an absolute hot mess on the new servers with people stealing kills and generally treating each other like garbage to make quick plat early in the server's life.
    KimchiGoddess and Herf like this.
  8. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Protagonist wtf does killing guards have to do with people being to terrible to get groups?

I used to enjoy killing guards on my necro, Sgt slate, Freeport, dwarfs whatever.
    Nothing to do with getting groups at all.
    I bet you are one of them who when a necro or a druid was lfg you would tell them to go solo.
    KimchiGoddess and Zinth like this.
  9. Arclyte Augur

I did enjoy killing assling guards and selling their spears
  10. Herf Augur

Guards in Cablis were the non-killable kind. I once saw a druid drag Pendle Dashinger over and he agro'd the Cab guards. The battle took like half an hour :)
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Back when I was a wee wood elf druid and knew nothing (1999) someone told me "Kill the guards in Steamfont. They are great XP and loot." :mad:
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Who buffed snakes in the newbie yard?
  13. C3lowz Augur

Been an active Guard Killer in HHK since Ragefire. Whereas yes, you will inevitably run into D-Bags no matter where you go, but HHK is often more friendly than not.

If you compare it to size, Giants in Rathe, its loads more friendlier
  14. KimchiGoddess Augur

The first character I got to max level back in the day was a necromancer ... I loved killing the guards. Was great fun and a good source of plat. Miss doing that.
  15. a_librarian Augur

Actually agree, HHK regulars are often chill people. I just adore this place!