Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Yara_AB Augur

Well - you made me read the EULA again, because I do remember that passage, too, and guess what? That passage seems to have changed ...

I made the passage in bold.

In the past the EULA was like this:
    So the EULA was changed and it appears that this is similar to what their stance is for a while now.
  2. Yara_AB Augur

*giggles*
    I wonder how many single folks will magically have a SO, 3 or more kids, parents, and grandparents playing .)
    KimchiGoddess, Xanathol and Mashef like this.
  3. Vlahkmaak Augur

Use multiple monitors :)
    Pelrond and Yara_AB like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's probably got a lot to do with the technical limitations for truebox in the first place.
  5. Vlahkmaak Augur

A Luclin start would have been preferable for me so I can start Troll WAR/BST together but the pop lock removal is great news!
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Then you have a choice, you can move down to 2 characters - accepting those rules or you can play on Rizlona if boxing more than a total of 2 characters is that important to you.

Maybe next year they will try a 3 character max server, but they aren't doing that this year.
    Yara_AB likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wrong
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Anything more than 1 character per PC would not be Truebox by definition.
  9. Mashef Augur

So new changes are more appealing. Thanks for removing the POP Lock. Not a perfect rule set but we can work through the drudge of classic/kunark being 6 months of boredom.

Some confusion by my group of people interested. Rizlona appears to be more for us because we all like to box 2 to 3 toons (on one machine). If Aradune had a two toon limit on one machine we would be there without question. WITH the statement that automated gameplay being an automatic ban/suspension. How severe will that be monitored for Rizlona? It seems contradictory to "unlimited" boxing potential. Obviously, anyone who 6 boxes and all 4 mages unicast 1 spell at the same exact time it is automated gameplay. Quite frankly, we need to know if we can use that software or if those people will be reported/banned. Reasonably you can play 3, maybe 4 toons without cheating.

The focus study group regularly mentions botting versus boxing and it wasn't really clearly defined where you draw the line. It even sounds like the devs/leaders were okay with botting based on that read.

What are you considering the line on Rizlona? This really needs to be clarified. If there is a 24 box crew just plowing they are 100% cheating and will they be banned? I mean they can be at their keyboard and respond so it will be attended automation. Why not draw a line at a number of toons. Anymore than 6 on an IP is cheating and auto ban. I think many want to box there small group on one machine but we also don't want to deal with the morons who are blatantly cheating.
    GamerGramps likes this.
  10. Jenarie Elder

I don't think you read my question you quoted in which I asked why we needed to BE truebox when there was already a separate limit.

The intent of truebox was never to make people buy 100 computers - it was always to limit the number of boxes. So now we have a limit which makes truebox unneeded and redundant. Limit is 2. Playing two characters on one computer or two computers doesn't at all change the intent of the server.
  11. Zinth Augur

actuallt it isn't "automatic gameplay" it is simply clicking 1 button to distribute that to 4 computers... and the "botters" could circumvent this easily by inputting a random delay before casting, so not like it is hard to do/avoid yada yada so blatantly showing lack of knowledge here but trying to seem a pro in spotting botters from your side eh?
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Simple, DPG chose to decide that it would work that way.

If you want a deeper explanation that that you will never get one, some things are just decided & didn't require a whole list of pros & cons & in depth analysis.

Like me & my family all get together & I say okay I'm ordering takeout, what do people fancy to eat? I get 5 responses for Chinese & 1 for Indian I say okay, ordering Chinese then.

No hours long debate just a decision.
  13. Zinth Augur

incorrect, according to their own specifications, as long as a human pushes the button and the char does what it should, then it is okay, if the char does stuff without pushing buttons = not okay
  14. enclee Augur

Your example still doesn't match the definition provided.
  15. Mashef Augur

That was my question. They have not yet clarified that. Your answer is speculation. By definition again, "little human control" fits for automation. I am asking DPG for clarity that Rizlona has full regins to bot. Because the announcement clearly states "automation" in the won't be tolerated. Jesus H. Christ, read the announcement and my question dude.
  16. Jenarie Elder

It's really annoying that a few posters answer every post and try to speak for the devs. It would be nice if people could just leave questions for the community manager without them getting lost in spam.

My thought/question is that I would appreciate it if they considered removing truebox from Aradune since with a limit of 2 accounts per household it is a redundant unneeded rule.
    Magic, MattThePhat and Mashef like this.
  17. Sikkun Augur

Not the it is going to change anything of how the enforce things but:

“ You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak”

Totally will cover any 3rd party tool people use.
    Mashef likes this.
  18. Zinth Augur

they have clarified it MANY times if you could overcome the massive task of searching a little, this isn't the first dance at the rodeo they have done and you aren't the first one to magically think up such a question and no I won't search for you, I told you what they said very clearly if that is too hard to comprehend then you can't be helped...

IF YOU CLICK A BUTTON AND THE CHAR DOES THE "EFFECT" THEN IT IS PERMITTED... IF THE CHAR DOES STUFF WITHOUT BUTTONS BEING CLICKED THEN IT IS NOT PERMITTED...

is that clear enough?
  19. Sikkun Augur

But there is no limit of 2 per household...
  20. enclee Augur

Well, that was nice of you.