How do you intend to enforce the 2-box max?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ayoheee, Apr 29, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

So when luclin launches the server should be in good shape for the "target" 6 months of gm to lapse. So if you're joining late The Deep will be swarming with afk ae power level teams. This is good news for those catching up and the beast lord enthusiasts to get to raiding asap!

But really a target of 6 months enforcement is word right from the company about how "viable" tlp servers are once the $40 e-bags are offloaded and the 1 to 60 exp grind pots are dried up.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  2. Dexxeaa00 Elder

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct

I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful but these are the rules of EverQuest. You joined and accepted these rules. If they don't start being enforced I'm going to move on to other games that actually enforce rules and discipline toxic players.

Especially after last night and my run in with a toxic player that wants to harass people because they are talking about non EQ subjects in general chat.
  3. KimchiGoddess Augur

There are plenty of toxic players on every single TLP that don't have any consequences given to them. It's one thing to make rules and another thing to enforce them, which DPG fails at.
  4. Zansobar Augur

I just hope this means they will be launching new TLPs with dedicated GM support in 6 months instead of a year.
  5. Zansobar Augur

We shall see but I don't think DPG is spending money hiring and paying for GMs to NOT enforce any of the rules.
  6. Sikkun Augur

Ignoring that people are jumping to a 4 character IP limit conclusion when it said 2 per person.

You have a family of 4? Great play 4 characters. You, your, wife and your son? Play 4 characters. You and your 10 machines you just got off eBay because you wanted to get in on the RMT market? Hey they even made a server for you.
  7. Machen New Member

So married people with families are second class citizens and our subscription money gives us less access than single people get. Got it.
  8. Machen New Member

No one's jumping to conclusions, we are asking how it will be enforced. Some people in this thread are specifically arguing that you, your wife and your son should not be allowed to all play together.
  9. Jontrann Augur

Most people are just being greedy. 1 character at a time will never happen nor should it because there are couples that play together so what they do is set it to 2 characters per ip but now people are just getting even more greedy saying that they want to box, their wife wants to box and their kid wants to box and if that REALLY is the case rizona is there for that specific case even tho im sure most of these people are lying out of their just to see if they can get away with boxing more characters.
  10. Machen New Member

It's not greedy for three separate individuals to actually want to be able to play together.
  11. Beep Elder

DPG is trying to destroy the American Family!!! LIBERATE ARADUNE!!!
  12. Sikkun Augur

At the stated 2 per person, you your wife and your son would be allowed to play together. So people are jumping to conclusions of an IP limit.

People are arguing that you, your wife, and your son don’t need to play 6 characters between them, but the max of 4 with the stated 2 per person limit.

That is still not a scenario where they can’t play together.

(But the post said 2 per person anyway and nothing about IP limits)

But maybe they go all crazy and IP limit it to 2...at the end of the day I have more faith in actual families playing together with no problems in the end than the people who have 6 machines laying around right now and are trying to come up with loop holes for themselves.
  13. sumnayin Augur

I love how I can always call the future....people are so predictable. Limit people to 1, they complain their wife can't play. Limit them to 2, they complain their wife can't 2 box with them...LOL..jesus. Go play on the unlimited boxing server. Why does everyone feel the need to be catered to?
    enclee, Skuz and Jontrann like this.
  14. Jontrann Augur

And yet that's exactly what they are doing.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would be happy to see aradune at a 2 characters per IP cap.

That means it would be as close to no box as they can get without restricting actual couples & EQ knows there are quite a few of those.

If you have a whole bunch of people in your household playing EQ Rizlona is ideal for you.

A lot of the whining is unproductive & unrealistic.
    code-zero and enclee like this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

2 chars per IP would be a good way to block it, but would come with its own set of problems including handling VPNs and handling mistaken joint IPs. Sometimes externally facing IPs look the same for multiple living space networks like dorms.

I'd be happy with them just doing it as part of a multi-layered defense and saying tough kibbles for anyone whose situation is incompatible with it.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Spayce Augur

It will be some minimum wage GMs running around looking for boxers.

Those minimum wage GMs will be flooded with thousands of complaints per hour.

Those minimum wage GMs will be members of guilds on the server.

Those minimum wage GMs will assuredly not enforce these restrictions evenly.

Those minimum wage GMs have already been confirmed as an experiment.

Those minimum wage GMs will be gone quickly as soon as they are deemed ineffective.

Those minimum wage GMs will fool many folks into thinking "they fixed cheating".
    Dexxeaa00, Gnothappening and Jontrann like this.
  18. Gnothappening Augur

The most toxic players I have met on Mangler were single toon players and the AFK bot groups. Then again, I can't really call the afk bots toxic as they didn't say or do anything to me other than take disco 24/7 and prevent any of us from exping there. The single players though, man there are some special people out there.
    code-zero and Dexxeaa00 like this.
  19. Sokanist Journeyman

there is plenty of other servers for massive boxing if that is your thing.

the limit of Aradune is "per person" no statement of IP address.

I doubt that GMs are stupid and can't see the difference:
    1 person playing 3+ charectors vs. 3 person playing 3-6 charectors.
    there are signs ;O)
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Less signs than you would think if they are using the good stuff and at least one person is at the keys. T

Then again, you are right, there are signs! If all of the group is participating. If the cleric is healing and the warrior taunting, if the enchanter is mezzing adds and the rogue is actually moving behind the mob... pretty sure that is a cheater. Most real groups aren't that effective and on point :D