Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Tachyon Augur

It's not that bad. Only a handful of gear sellers, mostly all DZ sourced. You are going to find that everywhere.
  2. Herf Augur

I don't see "the devs bullied" being a possible thing. I've worked at game companies. The devs have extremely little say or control over the feature set of any game. It's the game producers that determine that.

What I could see the devs saying is "if you want X you're going to have to find a way to come up with Y dollars because we're going to have to re-engineer Z...which will take this many months and will likely produce bugs that will impact existing life and/or TLP servers." Then the producers would say something like "well, what if we PoP locked it? Would that be cheaper?" That's how stupid decisions get made in game companies.
    Vicus and Kurage_of_Luclin like this.
  3. Jalen007 Lorekeeper

Was going to box on Rizlona, but not investing that much $ into several accounts only to have the server die in PoP.

The whole point behind being able to box was progressing my group forward, regardless of having someone else there to fill my group or not.
    Herf likes this.
  4. Vicus Augur

I hear you 100% and this could be the case, but the wild card is JChan is/was a programmer who is nowthe head of DPG. She was sitting next to those guys just a few months ago where as Holly was more of a historical part of the the franchise (good and bad). JChan even said it herself in an interview that people met her and only realized later she was a programmer in the game because she was so quiet. I hope she gets her voice and realizes that she can control the future of this game in a better way then this announcement has set the tone.
    Herf likes this.
  5. Jalen007 Lorekeeper

Mangler is not an option for me. I tried playing there and was so disgusted at the hacking, blatant afk botting, and obvious breaking of the truebox ruleset (hello 72 boxers!) that I left.
    Trinost, Vicus and Herf like this.
  6. Herf Augur

I just logged on to Phinny to see what it felt like...but it just felt to 'live like'.
  7. Tachyon Augur

Show me a 72 boxer and I'll give you a Krono!
  8. Old_Timer Journeyman

If you are going to lock these servers, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reconsider locking them at OOW instead of POP. So much great content between POP and OOW!
    Exblink182 likes this.
  9. Raneorn New Member

All these posts crucifying DPG and this is all you can comment. Love it
    Exblink182 likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

There is an update on the original post.
    Machen, Skuz, Dexxeaa00 and 2 others like this.
  11. Socratic Journeyman

Thank you.
    Whoops likes this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Hinastorm86 Augur

Bravo on the speed in making this change, seriously.
    Zekonia, Skuz and Whoops like this.
  14. Aziuno Augur

Maybe remove the text "Planes of Power/Lost Dungeons of Norrath at which point it will be locked." as it will cause confusion.
  15. Whoops Augur

My sincerest thanks, Bestdreamer! You can have my "Yay!" back.
    Trinost, Vlahkmaak and Skuz like this.
  16. Eetra Journeyman

DW and the dev team: Thank you. Thank you for listening.
  17. Vicus Augur

Give them a moment. Also thank you DPG. I know I have not been the happiest of people this past 24 hours (not on the Angered post level) but this has helped you guys and us. Both servers will be successful.
  18. ThenaEQ Augur

19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

We did it ForumQuest!
  20. Herf Augur

Here's a tip; when making critical changes to a communication, providing a link to said communication is always helpful :(