aradune true box clarification

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snareclicky, Apr 29, 2020.

1. snareclicky New Member

just to clarify is it a main and two boxes trio or a two box duo limit to aradune?
  2. Zansobar Augur

They need to just state how many simultaneous accounts can you play and not use the box term at all.
  3. Xeris Augur

Lol u guys think this is a guild rule or something. 2 boxes means 2. They're not differentiating a main vs a box.
  4. snareclicky New Member

I like my rule-sets to be as clear as pathing in lguk please
  5. snareclicky New Member

box is colloquial, people often refer to their druid box or boxes as a secondary character
  6. Gremin Augur

Two computers max, 2 characters max, one character per computer at same time.

Aka we shouldnt see 6 box armies etc
  7. Xeris Augur

I'm aware of this, but in a literal sense box refers to a computer. They're not using it colloquially.
  8. Zinth Augur

in my world the main char is not a box, the "other char" is a box... and 2 of them are 2 boxes...

but I think they refer to "box" as "computer" so 2 boxes = 2 computers
    Tucoh likes this.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

That was how I read it too. Shame, if it was 2 characters on one computer, I'd consider it. But if I wanted to use 2 machines to play 2 characters, I'd do so on selo already.
  10. Zinth Augur

Dreamweaver says "the intent is 2 characters total"
    dreamweaver likes this.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

Zinth is correct, two characters total per player is the intent behind that wording and the future enforcement.
  12. Zansobar Augur

Thanks, that is great, but can you re-word the announcement to clarify that? Either say two simultaneous accounts or one main and one box max would work.
  13. gladiatoreq Elder

Meaning two characters per PC? Or is this still laptop on desk, sloppy-coding style?
  14. Zinth Augur

it's still a true-box server, so 1 per pc is a given
    Skuz and dreamweaver like this.
  15. Zansobar Augur

It's a Truebox server so one character per pc only.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. gladiatoreq Elder

Seems silly to keep it Truebox if you're already going to police the boxing manually. Why not let people play on one PC instead of cluttering up desk space and electric bills.
    Jenarie, oldkracow and Zinth like this.
  17. Pikallo Augur

You guys are pretty dense. 2 characters total, regardless of how you want to refer to them, with a True Box ruleset. You still cannot play both characters on the same PC as that is the inherent design of a true box ruleset.
    Draconum, Skuz and Gnothappening like this.
  18. Zinth Augur

that would actually be nice
  19. Pikallo Augur

I do agree it doesn't make a ton of sense, however it presumably makes the manual enforcement and policing a bit easier.
    Zinth likes this.
  20. wade_watts Augur

This "limited true box" is so dumb. Just police the actual true-box requirement instead of coming up with new rules.

If someone wants to 3 box via real PC's, why stop them - thats the problem you are trying to solve? Limiting true box so low just seems like it will un-naturally fracture some of the playerbase.
    Pikallo and Zinth like this.