How do you intend to enforce the 2-box max?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ayoheee, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Beep Elder

Heard the same thing when truebox was introduced. Aradune will have the majority of krono farming boxers and you'll just have to deal with it.
    code-zero and Herf like this.
  2. Ragnoruk Augur

Dealing with it is actually the plan for Aradune. Lets just hope it works.
  3. mark Augur

i will be on the boxing server having fun,the picks and aoc especially will be good,would love the option when the server his locked to transfer my charecters to a live server.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  4. snareclicky New Member

just to clarify is it a main and two boxes trio or a two box duo limit to aradune?
  5. Zinth Augur

99.999% sure it is TWO computers max aka 1 main and 1 "box" = 2 boxes total. NOT 1 main + 2 boxes = 3 boxes total.
  6. Noreaster Journeyman

Just going to install Teamviewer on my boxes. If we get "boxing checked" guildies can log in and run circles or whatever the imported p99 GMs are going to do.
  7. Ayoheee Augur

They didn't say that, and that's the point. People would like to know if the enforcement is going to be a joke or not. None of these rules are new apart from the 2-char max yet they're blatantly broken every server with zero recourse. Convince me that this is different.
  8. modsiw Augur

You say this, but the truebox key spam detection is by ip.
  9. Ruination Elder

As long as it slows you down and takes other peoples time is well worth it imo.

I have no doubt that people will cheat the system, as long it gets them some of the time and keeps slowing them down and forcing them to use more people it's fine by me
  10. Smallhands Elder

"Papers, please."
  11. Ruination Elder

"it's going to be hard to stop cheaters" is hardly a reason to not try and stop them
  12. Smallhands Elder

By "not try" did you mean Mangler level of GM awareness, or did you mean they are actually going to try & figure out who is cheating all of a sudden out of the blue.
  13. Herf Augur

Let Dreamweaver answer that for you:

"The second point is, the dedicated GM status of these two servers is an experiment. We hope that it will prove to be viable, but it does have a time limit associated with it. We are targeting at least 6 months, post server launch, after which we will review the results and move forward from there."
  14. Ayoheee Augur

I asked if the enforcement was built in or manually via CS, saying they're having dedicated GMs doesn't answer my question.
  15. jeskola pheerie

I didn't say it wasn't possible technically, I said it wasn't possible business-wise.
  16. Dexxeaa00 Elder

there is two people in my house that play EQ . Could we both two box on aradune ?
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I got 24 people at my house that play so I'm OK with a 48 box setup we all raid together. :D
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  18. enclee Augur

It’s a good question, because it seems they’re relying on player reporting to a GM. If, you split up your box group across a zone it looks like they wouldn’t be able to catch it.
  19. KimchiGoddess Augur

With both servers being identical (I believe) outside of one you can box however many and one you can only box 2, I think DPG would assume if you need more characters played due to your household playing together, you'd go to the unlimited boxing server.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You can play on the prison sever or get banned. Sounds like a fair deal too me.