when are live servers getting a higher Gm presence?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You've just announced this for the 2 new TLPs

When will live get some much needed live?
    Aenvar, Sancus, Goburs and 3 others like this.
  2. Szilent Augur

New TLPs have a pile more issues to resolve, not least because of TLP *players*. I'd appreciate for their own sake if GMs got hours to doodle around on substantially less needy live servers just to keep their spirits up :p , but it'd plainly be budgetary luxury which can't really be prescribed or demanded by players.
  3. Febb Augur

lol, as soon as I saw those servers were getting dedicated GM's I knew this thread was coming. I wonder if those GM's will be working in shifts because a 8-5 position on the west coast....
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

As recently as two weeks ago, I reported a botting group (ToV Great Divide) and they disappeared for a week. It looks like they got a suspension which is better than nothing. GMs seem to handling inquiries fine.
    Miss_Jackie, Skuz and Duder like this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Honestly, I think cheaters should get a perma-ban once the cheating has been confirmed, not just suspensions.

Us live server-players pay money for a cheat free server too, I honestly think we deserve it.

If they don't have the guts to perma-ban cheaters, they can move all of their char to a prison-server so that the "cheat-community" can get their fix there...
    elrox, Sancus, Bigstomp and 3 others like this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yes, I don't think inadequate resources for enforcement is the issue. I think it's lenient policies. I suspect that, since some cheaters are All Access, they want to coax people out of the behavior rather than lose "paying customers" permanently or see disputes escalate (they would be overwhelmed by players appealing their ban). (Additionally, I'm sure most players dont want to be perma-banned if someone abuses the petition system out of a disagreement - like a contested camp - or a false accusation). This is all speculation, of course.

Edit: I also wonder if there is a hierarchy of punishment for cheating/exploiting. I wonder if GMs see actions like warping more seriously than automated play. And, at the bottom of the list, AFK killing.
  7. Urzhad New Member

8. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I think having an active GM presence on live servers would be awesome! I liked what I was reading about the new TLP servers( never been interested in those types of servers). Of course, once I got into the comments/posts... :eek: I changed my mind. Seems like a rough crowd to roll with.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think a lot of us players sincerely accepted the EULA back then, when it contained an actual "play nice policy", with the expectation that the rules were enforced.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I distinctly recall seeing/speaking to in game GMs before; back when Fenin Ro was still a server. I took it for granted that "they're always watching." Not so much anymore...
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Hmm, according to https://pastebin.com/DSPXxrg0

Holly did say:
    It was kinda neglected though...

I really hope Jchan is better than that...she knows what to do, if she cares about the integrity of the game...

Its not too late to fix the live-servers...:)
  12. enclee Augur

If you read further, it seems as if automated and active is ok but not automated/afk. So, using programs to make melee act like pets is fine as long as you’re at the keyboard.
  13. jeskola pheerie

It's pretty much a seal of approval for all third party tools/hacks with the exception of automation and afk play.

I would be super pissed if I were an active Live server player plagued by this crap and they give special attention to their latest money maker and a big middle finger to you.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im personally kinda dissapointed about that. :(
    In my opinion, all actions made by characters should be player controlled, so that player-skill would be the limiting factor for what you can achieve in the game. That is also a part of game-integrity...

But I will take what I can get.

They have changed the Eula before, I hope they change it back to what it originally was(and enforce it)...As I said, it is never too late...
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I used to think it was a bad thing Holly left EQ.

Now I don't.

Who else is super shocked that inviting the maker of the most well known cheat program and his friends into a private discord chat results in them saying they think cheating is ok? And that they don't want Krono banned from new servers to combat RMT. I lol'd at that one.

It took a minute, but I also like how whoever pasted it removed all instances of "sic." I kept wondering why they were all saying "clas[sic]" and "ba[sic]ally" and "phy[sic]al" etc.

I also liked the part where they asked for an easy way to know (like something you can GINA trigger!) when someone messaging you is a GM (tip: try /who). I'm sure that's totally not so they can make their cheat programs auto-respond to the GMs. It was nice of Holly to tell them how GMs normally try to see who is cheating though. I'm sure they won't abuse that knowledge.

I'm also having fun figuring out who everyone is based on their numbers, lol. And the few times they forgot to remove names.
  16. Shanarias Augur

"If they don't have the guts to perma-ban cheaters, they can move all of their char to a prison-server so that the "cheat-community" can get their fix there.."

*I* think this is a splendid idea, kind of like Escape From New York or something. Make it PVP (bot v bot) and let them have at it. Restrict their accounts to the "jail" server.
    dreadlord and Jumbur like this.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would probably take it much much further than that: their account (or just that character?) should of course be restricted to that server, but I would also give every player on the prison server unlimited GM powers on that server, as a kind of "be careful what you wish for" kinda punishment.

Can't deal with that griefer, tough luck, cheat harder than him and delete his char(he can just write a new maxed out char directly into the database anyway), etc... you get the point... when everyone cheats, there is no game...

I think it would teach that "cheat-community" a lesson in self policing rules...:p

Or is that too evil? Should they be allowed to play other chars on non prison servers, provided they don't cheat there...?
  18. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Well, they have a prison server over on EQ2. Can cheat all you want on that server, with no customer service. No clue why they can't make one here.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Did it help with cheating on the other servers?
  20. smash Augur

I would not mind an anti-FV server,which means EVERYTHING is no drop, and you can only loot the items if you in a group that did the kill, even after 15 min.
    Also you cannot make a raid to be able to loot, only the 6 persons can loot the items
    In raid, you can only be in raid if you in a raid instance, and only persons in raid can loot the items.