Official Rizlona Unlock Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Foaming, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Karrbon_175 New Member

Feedback fast and simple:
    1. PoP lock is not a great idea.
    2. Mangler XP on both servers is not a great idea.
    3. 3 Month lock outs on both servers is not a great idea.
    4. The only problem people have had with boxing characters is when someone runs an entire raid and controls an entire zone. Having emphasis on this is not a great idea.

Solutions:
    1. If you are just that determined make ONE PoP lock server. Make the other have regular expansions every 2 months.(Selo is too fast for everyone)
    2. Mangler XP for the PoP lock, Selo for the other.
    3. 3 month lock out for PoP lock, 2 for the other.
    4. I really don't know what to tell you on this one.

Hopefully something gets changed. Otherwise I am sitting this round out. Best of luck DPG.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  2. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I just don't understand how it took so long to make an announcement that is so poorly received.
    Karango and enclee like this.
  3. DosPanchos New Member

Please do not limit the potential of a non-truebox server by PoP locking it.
    ForumBoss, Whoops and Foaming like this.
  4. Vicus Augur

Aradune I understand...its Brad and he probably would like the server..but Rizlona is just bizarre. People started to go crazy with bots once the population disappeared because the servers were dying. This brought life back into the game because people were able to complete expansions with 30 member raid teams but using boxes to fill a 54 man raid team. To allow boxing on a LDON locked server...no boxer is drooling over this. Boxers want a server where they can have a healthy player base..where they dont HAVE to 6 box to complete stuff..maybe 2-3 box stuff with friends and have more people in the expansions as they release. This needs to be fixed.

For once listen to us. We told you Truebox would ruin Miragul and it did. We are shouting at the top of our lungs...PoP lock will make this server dead. As someone who is running the unofficial TLP server for these servers...you can come into our discord and see that NO ONE wants this. Honestly if you refuse to change this then I just straight suggest you scrap Rizlona all together because it just going to take players from Aradune for no good reason (its the SAME SERVER minus 1 rule). Mangler and selos were drastically different...why it worked, how did you go from that to this..

https://discord.gg/SzFG7gu
  5. Apex Elder

this x34534234
    Whoops likes this.
  6. Whoops Augur

Yeah, I don't get it. I mean, I kinda get how they arrived at this particular conclusion, but I don't really get why they didn't choose any of a number of similar, less bad conclusions. I think they tried? I think there was a weird rounding error in their math when "LDoN-lock for both!" was the result, though.

On the other hand, if you're trying to gauge the success or popularity of a particular variable, you need to limit the experiment to one variable. So here we are, I suppose.
  7. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

For Aradune the lock makes some sense. Namesake and eras associated. I get that. I might even support it.

For Rizlona the lock makes no sense.
    Shagroth and ForumBoss like this.
  8. Ayoheee Augur

spanish guy, make it happen
    Foaming likes this.
  9. Eskey85 New Member

Imagine being the person at darkpaw who pushed for this ruleset... and what work is going to be like for them tomorrow... I can't fathom how anyone thought this was going to be well received.
    Foaming likes this.
  10. Zinth Augur

well I usually don't hope for this, but that person should be fired or demoted to sweeping floors for the rest of his life (locked at floor sweeping) with dedicated boss surveliance (aka a person hired to watch to watch him (or her) sweep floors...
    Karango likes this.
  11. Ecko Elder

+1 for removing PoP/LDoN lock on Rizlona.

I've done the truebox thing, but it's clunky in this day and age and really hurts if you want to camp something odd hours etc.

I've played on Live for a lot of years, what broke me on Live was trying to do the Artisans Prize Aid Grimel part on FV, but never finding the required PoP mobs up to get the flagging to be able to complete that. Plus part of the fun of EQ is going back and killing old raid mobs for items & fun (for me at least) A non truebox server with AoC's is the server I've been wanting for a long time.

I could start over on another Live server with less population, sure, but it's not the same as the fresh server start which is always fun and with no AoC's, probably going to run into the same issues.

I just hope that DPG will at least share the data as to why they've come to this decision if they won't reverse it, as it might make things easier to swallow. I do have an inkling that they don't think the servers will be able to handle things after PoP, that's pretty much the only reason I can see.
    Foaming likes this.
  12. Theia New Member

I also wish they would not lock this server, maybe say they will remove the dedicated GM at that point, in case that is why they are locking it?
    Foaming likes this.
  13. Vanleiz New Member

i'm new here. Why does it make sense for Aradune but not Rizlona ?
  14. a_librarian Augur

There has not been a non-truebox TLP in many years. There has never been a non-truebox TLP with Agents of Change. From my POV era locking this one limits it's appeal with the crowd that has been waiting for this server for a long, long time. I think this crowd is generally more experience with the game and likely to stick around beyond PoP, while the other server appeals to less involved players who like single box and early era expansions.

I think Aradune would be a success with its audience as PoP locked but Rizlona needs to be non locked to be a success with its audience
    Whoops and Foaming like this.
  15. Smackage3 New Member

Please do not lock server at pop
    Foaming likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Same guy that guy a raise for taking phinny, lowering the exp and calling it coirnav?
  17. Shagroth Journeyman

Its just such a shame that they're going to limit what the first non truebox w/AoC could be. I believe I am the only one posting recruitment for a preforming guild on Rizlona, and we have had a discord server for a bit now...not one person on there is even remotely content with it being PoP-locked. We had plans to ride this server out as it would be a fresh start for many and what some of us have waited for for so long.

Please DarkPaw, reconsider letting Rizlona go to Live. A lot of us want to goto Live but want to progress from classic.
    Foaming likes this.
  18. Shagroth Journeyman

And I am sure this decision wasn't made out of thin air and you have your reasons for locking it at PoP; but I am sure 99.99% of the player base would be willing to compromise if you let it go to Live.

If it is the GM support beyond LDoN; just let everyone know that you will only support through PoP and then we are on our own beyond that. I'm sure there are tons of scenarios, but I am positive they can be worked out. You still have a passionate fan base that wants to play live without jumping a ton of expansions to get there.
    Whoops likes this.
  19. Vicus Augur

/signed but please unlock both servers.
    Whoops and Foaming like this.
  20. Paladorfthemighty Apprentice

I'm canceling subscription for 7 accounts because of the Rizlona announcement
    Smallhands, Foaming and Vicus like this.