Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Tachyon Augur

Love it! All Aradune for me!!!
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  2. gladiatoreq Elder

Why are either of the servers PoP locked? There's already a server for people that want that...

Now we have three? Agnarr is dead, as will be the fate of both of these servers unless rulesets are changed.
    jeskola likes this.
  3. Darro New Member

Why do *both* have to be locked to PoP? I had some genuine excitement for this before hearing that. Rulsets even seem fine even if they're very standard. Why do you need *3* pop-locked servers? It's like trying to kill a server within a year or year and a half on purpose to shorten the hamster wheel.
    Faclez likes this.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

[IMG]

*Except mangler/selo/phinny diehards
    Dexxeaa00, jeskola, Skuz and 7 others like this.
  5. Attila Augur

Great job DPG! 2 Characters per person, live Gm's, PoP locked and you even fixed charm. Great job! Looking forward to the Necro dot changes as well.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  6. Pikles Journeyman

If only they increased this limit to 3 characters per person! And unlocked the boxing server, this may be almost perfect! I don't think people would complain if the unlock rates on Aradune were a little faster. But this sounds fun!
  7. Vicus Augur

Spent the last few weeks disagreeing with you on other subjects but I agree here. These servers seem selfish to what the devs want out of these servers and seem like they tried to give us some things we wanted just to appease us but ultimately the playerbase were not their main priority.

I really hope the devs change course with this...listen to us players..and instead of fighting tooth and nail to get what we both want..we can work together from this point. Keep the players happy (the majority) and we will keep the money coming. Current state, the two servers will be quick buys, not long-term investment (Rizlona is Miragul 2.0).
    Skuz and Faclez like this.
  8. Eetra Journeyman

9. Tucoh Augur

I'm guessing that was the thinking, and it's naive because players will jump to the new shiny whether their server is PoP locked or on track for a ToV release.
  10. jeskola pheerie

POP lock needs to go.
    Whoops likes this.
  11. davnegsep Journeyman

So whats the point? Make some characters and work them up to PoP. Then what? Game Over. Delete your characters or let them rot. Why is that obsession with classic thorough pop expansions? Everquest has 26 expansions. Why is this obsession only with the first 6 expansions? What happen with the rest of the 20 expansions? Can anyone explain me why the 6 first expansions are more important than the other 20 expansions?
    Johnc, Dexxeaa00 and Molda like this.
  12. Faclez New Member

Because this team has no vision and does not listen to the community! There are so many different ways a progression server can be done, and they are stuck in this linear way of thinking, refusing to take a risk, to the only thing keeping the EQ doors open. Take a chance, and the community will come!
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  13. Faclez New Member

Why not do a Selos style server that stops at pop..... makes as much sense lol
    Vicus likes this.
  14. The_Phoenix Journeyman

Why not simply have both run towards live and promise to provide GM intervention until LDoN and see whether worth continuing after.

Worst case the krono farming and bot armies will be far less of an issue GoD onward.

Those servers sound pretty appealing to me.
  15. Tachyon Augur

Every server declines after PoP. Even Mangler is getting there. The Classic to PoP run is where all the fun is!
    Dragon Jockey and Kaneras like this.
  16. Faclez New Member

If you launched ldon with pop, and excellerated unlocks after pop, that would extend the server life. Oh look an idea.......
  17. Iove Elder

WHY?
    On Discord Devs told us them want to keep people play PAST POP and make both new server POP LOCKED? Where is logic here? Or here some things we not know about, like them have 3-d hidden server what will be with FV loot and non-PoP locked? (I still sure FV-TLP will keep players play on this server to Live).
    Faclez and Whoops like this.
  18. darth_void_ptr New Member

Make Rizlona go past PoP.

I want a no-truebox/aoc box progression server, but before PoP it's going to be a mess, there's just not enough room. Boxing stops being a social disease at around GoD, and especially at DoN and beyond.
  19. Raneorn New Member

The server populations disagree with you.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. davnegsep Journeyman

What is fun for u doesn't mean is fun for others. Other players may disagree with you in what everquest expantions range is the fun. For example, I disagree with you. For me the run from OOW to ToV expansions is where all the fun is!
    Skuz likes this.