DPG is absolutely clueless

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Noreaster, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Noreaster Journeyman

"servers begin with access to the original zones that were available at launch and will gradually add expansions every 3 months until Planes of Power/Lost Dungeons of Norrath at which point it will be locked." /rant
    Sythrak20, ArtremasEQ and Xanathol like this.
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

Well there's one spark of light in all this... Mangler and Selos won't be stripped of their player base ;)
    Creedmonk, Rebelicious and Xanathol like this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Mangler is the real winner here. These new servers are absolutely prime for krono farming so all the usual scumlords will be jumping ship.
  4. taliefer Augur

like i mentioned in another thread...

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Rebelicious and Dilf like this.
  5. Lateryn Augur

6. Relentless Insomnia

I love the rulesets! THANK YOU DAYBREAK!
  7. TheRedBandit Elder

I feel bad for being so excited for the announcement.
    ArtremasEQ likes this.
  8. Kittany Augur

I actually might play on Aradune. Probably be boxing an enchanter and shaman (Or Ranger and Shaman!) :D
  9. Rebelicious Augur

This^ I doubt a locked prison server with GM enforcers will appeal to many... it's actually great news for those who invested on Mangles/Selos.
  10. Eskey85 New Member

The only way this could have been worse is if they also disabled AoC... They should honestly be studied to understand how a group of people could get everything so wrong.
    enclee and PVPme like this.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

Well, points to them for asking for feedback/suggestions prior to deciding something on their end.

Minus points and faction for asking the wrong audience.

Negative double points and faction for going their own route and largely ignoring all of the requests from everyone (whether their chosen clique for this go-round, the "community representatives" they use occasionally, or any other sub-set of people that they decide upon at their whimsy).
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's full on go mode for both servers, GM support and no automation.... haha from a company that can't spot a 60 man automated team on a server and is keen on not deleting those accounts due to revenue loss.

Mangler is still a winner, but the bots now have permission to ramp up the hacks as they see there is zero recourse moving forward for them.
  13. sumnayin Augur

Man, imagine thinking your opinion is the majority just because you live in an echo chamber.
  14. Sikkun Augur

This is mostly how I feel, they know the servers drop off. Personally I would go a step further...just make them event servers that last 1-1.5 years and then wipe. Have leaderboards and other stuff for guilds to race and whatnot. But there is no reason in 2 years to have 3 PoP locked servers with different rulesets.
  15. IvanK Journeyman

Is it just me waiting for the announcement excited and now feel like I can wait for another year to come back?
  16. Tachyon Augur

I'm excited! I've played on every TLP and they all ran out of gas post PoP-Omens. Give me a new server every year and I'm fine.
  17. Hendar Augur

They could have locked them in Classic. They didn't try hard enough.
  18. Zinth Augur

and also liars, because Freeport North won't be on those servers ;-) neither will Oasis of Marr
  19. Zinth Augur

today really felt like 1. April, but nopes, that wasn't the date today
    Vicus and Skuz like this.