Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. The_dude New Member

Let's be honest.

They will be GM servers, but when you need/ask for help they will explain away your problem so that they don't have to do anything about it...
    Herf likes this.
  2. sauron69 Lorekeeper

LOL at basic GM intervention being a "feature".

And who asked for PoP locked servers? Anyone? Bueller?
    birisu and Vlahkmaak like this.
  3. Beardsy Elder

This. This is the perfect response to this. This is a level of insanity that we've never seen in the industry yet. I'm not even surprised it came from Darkpaw at this point. Someone had to top the ridiculousness of the Diablo Mobile game.

Congratulations to Darkpaw. You've hit a new level of "We only care about milking the cashcow for as long as possible."
  4. Lateryn Augur

Talk about hyperbole. You sir need to get out more if you think this is anywhere close to that or "a level of insanity that we've never seen in the industry". Just stop.
  5. enclee Augur

This is nowhere near that scale for Blizzard, “Do you not have phones?” or “You think you do, but you don’t” about WoW classic.
  6. HicksSelos Lorekeeper

WoW classic was a massive success though. These servers? im looking forward to coming back in a few months with a "Told you so" when they die
  7. enclee Augur

Well, that’s the point is how poorly informed they are on their player base.
  8. Brildon Augur

WoW classic was a massive success because they finally listened to their playerbase.. few years ago at blizzcon they told players they think they want classic but they dont
  9. Vlahkmaak Augur

W

With all due respect it is not difficult to do so; Albeit not very effectively. I currently box a necro (+ healer merc), Enchanter, Druid, Mage, BST. I mainly play the necro and carry the others for buffs, CC, and pet support. It is not too difficult to utilize multiple monitors and windows to move between the characters for as needed dps/CCbuffage support. I am not downing anything of significance but this set up supports my necro pet out in the open world with buffs as I need them as I casually grind AA and slowly level. This ruleset is disappointing to say the least.

/sadpanda at "locked" too.
  10. Zandez Lorekeeper

Can you please put more effort in LIVE SERVERS then regurgitated time/progression lock servers for the love of god!!!! Most raiding guilds completed TOV x-pac (grp content) in less then a month from release and waited for raids. Now we wait for another 7 ish months for new x-pac!!
  11. Dexxeaa00 Elder

If you don't want to relive EQ past then stay on Mangler.

Personally if i had the choice to decide . I'd make multiple servers that were locked at different era.
    1. One server for classic only
    2. One server for classic + kunark
    3. One server for classic + kunark + Velious
    4. One server for classic + kunark + veliois + luclin
    5. Etc,
    6. Etc
    Then merge a lot of the existing live servers.

Or something along the lines of that thought process.

Thanks for sharing the information on the new servers.

"INTO INFINITY AND BEYOND " - Buzz Lightyear
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  12. Brady New Member

PoP lock a a terrible idea.

This is all.
    Johnc, Whoops, birisu and 1 other person like this.
  13. Gormgeous Elder

Please don't lock Rizlona at PoP. My reason for coming back was to box with AoC on stuff past PoP finally.
    Vicus, Whoops and birisu like this.
  14. Kaneras Augur

I played EQ for 20 years and I'm loving it on Mangler. My only complaints are:

1. Power leveling is just too common. It's sleazy.
    2. Velious just goes by too fast. It's a huge expansion with so much content. 6 months minimum.

Anyway, I'll see you all on Aradune!
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  15. Kazzuk Elder

OMG, NO ONE asked for these to be POP LOCKED.... EVEN the folks on AGNAR do NOT WANT IT POP LOCKED ANYMORE as evidenced by multiple threads here....

sigh, missed the mark.... again.....
    Johnc, Whoops and Vlahkmaak like this.
  16. kathulu21 New Member

Having a Server Feed into Agnar every year i think is a great idea.

Having an Open Box Server not locked at PoP is what i think is missing here.
  17. Animosity Elder

I was bummed they wouldnt launch the new TLP during quarantine. But now not so much.. these are terrible.
    Vicus and Vlahkmaak like this.
  18. Dexxeaa00 Elder

I'm guessing Agnarr was the server that made the most cash? So instead of DPG taking a chance and making something original. They remade an agnarr server because it made the most cash ( im assuming ). The company does not want to take any chances. Sometimes you need to take a chance and do something spontaneous and brand new.

I may be retiring from this game soon. Honestly I felt like there was going to be something original fresh for the new server. This is why I don't like to believe the hype. Your company seriously need come up with some money to massively Invest in EverQuest . I see new games in my horizon.
  19. Xanadas Augur

Ok so plane of time by week 3 - then boxers will have to wait another 4 years for a boxable server lol.
  20. enclee Augur

If this were a better run game studio, then I’d be willing to go follow your assumption. This is more of an arrogant, I know what you want more than you do.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.