Knocked out and bleed to death in POK and Bazaar

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Harmson, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Harmson New Member

I dont know how it happend or why. Im sitting on my mount in bazaar and get up and go get coffee and when I get back to my screen im bleeding to death. I look at the notes in chat and it only says I had been knocked unconscious. Yesterday it happened again. Im sitting in pok and out of no where I get knocked unconscious and bleed to death for no reason. Why is this happening? Im a pet class and spend funds to armor up and weapons for my pet and have to go spend even more money afterwards to do it all over again. BTW im on Corviar.
  2. Garmr Augur

Been fighting in the Planes then? I think it was a fight in PoF, maybe others too been awhile, that left a really really long duration DoT on you. Could fight, go to PoK, go shopping whatever, go afk and wind up dead if you didnt notice the DoT. Not huge per tic but the duration would kill you.
  3. Harmson New Member

Im level 25 and no dots. Plus im sitting on a mount and im not using conversion spell. I had just left Paludal Caverns and nothing in there dots like that.
  4. Garmr Augur

Look into your chat logs (if you have them turned on, you should) and you'll be able to se what damage and from where it came from. EQ directory/logs
  5. Harmson New Member

I did. Shows entering bazaar. the it says Ive been knocked unconscious. then you are bleeding to death. then I died after about 10 bleeding messages.
    There are 2 corpses in the POK and Bazaar that are mine and its not from combat.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is a dot from the fiends in Paludal Caverns called "Spreading Crud" It will do that - but you should see any buffs and dots on your buff window
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

It's not in the song window is it? Default is alt+E I think. Also be sure you buff and song window is sized large enough to see all the of effects on you.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

Also just making sure you know logs are not your in game chat displays. You have to turn logging on /log and then open the file from your EQ folder. Notepad really struggles to open these files. It's best to parse the file with gamparse or gina using the search feature. After a year my log file was 3 GB. Also your filters have to be turned on in options. If dot spell damage is disabled in options then it wont be in your logs.

You can make gina triggers for things like you are bleeding to death. Probably wouldn't help because by then it is too late but it is an option.
  9. phattoni Augur

are you a necromancer??
    if so turn lich off before afking, it doesnt tick down in pok, if you are on a tlp, there is no ooc regen pre tss, so it would kill u in pok and baz, even when mounted i think.
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yeah this sound very much like a necro liching himself to death. Post your text log from the ~30 seconds or so leading up to your death?
  11. phattoni Augur

he cant post them because dpg nerfed it so lich doesnt show dmg in logs any more.
  12. phattoni Augur

sounds like lich to me, combined with the dot from PC fungol guys, that would kill you while afk NP.
  13. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Intriguing... Could this happen to a Shadow Knight?
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Technically yes it can, as long as your hp to mana conversion spell is eating more HP per tick than you're currently regening. It's a lot less common for SK's though since your lich spells aren't nearly as powerful as a necro relative to the level you get them. Also if you're on a server with out of combat regen unlocked (any standard server or any TLP with TSS unlocked) then it may be impossible to "out-lich" your HP regen unless you also have a detrimental effect on preventing the out of combat regen from kicking in.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Don't you have to be sitting/medding to get the OOC regen rate, though?
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  16. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

True yeah! Or mounted. Maybe I just subconsciously assumed SK's never leave their fancy mounts in non-combat zones :p
  17. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Hmmm... I will have to look out for this in the future then... Thank you. But there is a warning or at least a buff showing for sure or it just happens?

*me o'wayz hoovez't on feet. me tu big'n fat for mount. so me'z get hungrie eat da mount... Dey tazty... den me'z lonly 'n me bring dem bak tu life. me got kicked aron da zone... mount not vary happie*
  18. Rav3nKat New Member

Smoochy, I had something similar happen to me in the bazaar and my player house. I am also a necro but I swear all my buff had run out. I died once while in trader mode in the bazaar. All the in game Chat said what "you died" lol
    Then in my player house I had been running around in the neighborhood picking out a house for hours and while placing a table my character just died
    I have to try to find the other log. Sure seems like someone is just pushing a button and bamm I am dead.