Request Switch the raids or let us skip raids.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tharnkiss, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Tharnkiss Journeyman

Please put tofs 1 as Tofs 3, or just let us pick which raid to do. It would be very cool to never have to do tofs 1 again. So if you moved it to the last raid or let us pick which to do. It would be super cool.

Thanks in advance!
    Jhenna_BB and Yinla like this.
  2. Zinth Augur

raid like a man or run like a mouse
    Duder likes this.
  3. Monkman Augur

Have you tried it since the hotfix?
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

TOFS 1 is a fun raid. If you can't complete it, so sorry - but you can't do TOFS 2 or TOFS 3. No reason to have TOFS 1 skippable. Figure out how to complete TOFS 1 with the changes or stick with T1 raids.

Good luck!
    Nukester and Duder like this.
  5. Derd Augur

No need to stick with t 1, our family guild one shotted t 3 first raid with only 3 players having seen the event before. We tried tofs 1 before change, we have zero chance of beating it.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yeah, T3 raid changes INC soon.
  7. Tharnkiss Journeyman

Your telling me that dev's like making crap that people don't want to do?
    Then in another post you are saying that there are changes also coming to ToFS tier 3 raids?
    God I hope they don't change Velks. That was most fun I've had in a raid in years; why would they ruin that?

You say figure how to complete TOFS 1 with the changes. I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT RAID THE WAY IT WAS! WHY THE HELL WOULD I WANT TO DO IT THE WAY IT IS? IT WAS A HORRIBLE UNFUN EXPERIENCE! NOW IT'S A I'D RATHER WATCH TIGER KING THAN GO THROUGH THAT TURD OF AN EVENT.

Do you really enjoy the changes?

Yes, I've tried it after the hotfix. It's crap.

EVEN IF THE RAID WAS REVERTED TO THE OLD RAID, I WOULD STILL WANT TO SKIP IT. Your telling me that you are dying to get home from work and say to yourself... "Oh I can't wait to do that TOFS tier 1 raid!" It's a crap event, I'm glad that I got the achievement. I'm glad that I never have to techinically see it again.

The thing is I really ENJOY the wedding event. It's not crap. It has actual decent mechanics. TOFS 3 is also a fun event. Guess what is not fun to me... TOFS 1...

Revert it back to the old way. I'd still rather skip it then do it.

It has NOTHING to do with loot or achievements. It has everything to do with enjoyment/entertainment. There is NOTHING that I find entertaining about that raid. I like the last 2 TOFS raids. That I enjoy and want to do. This has nothing to do with your ego. It has to do with playable enjoyment of a video game designed to entertain.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm betting you're either a tank or healer that doesn't have to skate around the room. This raid is cancer.
    Winnowyl, Mintalie and Funky like this.
  9. Tumbler Lorekeeper

Embrace the suck dude! Sucky things are just part of the game.

Yes it's true no one likes the raid that you speak of. There are many raids and things that people don't like. The Tower of Frozen Shade raid 1 just happens to be the worse raid of the expansion. No one likes it that I know of. This is what I liked about TBL; if you didn't like a raid you just skipped it.

Honestly I hope that they go away from locking the raids like they are. They promised to not lock the raids behind flags. Instead the locked the raids behind a weekly taskadd.

I'd rather the raids be locked behind flagging then a weekly task lockout.
  10. Fian Augur

We only tried TOFS1 one time after the change. A raid that we could struggle to beat, but we could beat it, spanked us hard in our one attempt. The raid, which was already hard, definitely appears to be harder.
  11. Lianeb Augur

I would rather raid ToFS1 than Sleeper.
    Funky and feeltheburn like this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Melee dps. Tomato/Tomatoe.
  13. Ashian Augur

I have an entire thread on this very particular topic (ToFS #1 blocking #2 and #3) that was discussed prior to the T2 raids launching. No dev responded, just a lot of players from the top guilds saying “too bad” or “beat it if you want to see raids #2./ #3.”
  14. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

calm down karen, i'm sure the management will be along shortly to handle your complaints.

true, playing slip-n-slide isn't that much fun, but having the raid do the hokey pokey (and not being able to ignore it as a mechanic) is something we don't see a lot of in raids these days. a much better mechanic imo choice than "duck" or "1 person move away" or "balance"....

So, is TOFS 1 super fun an exciting to do? no; but is it a good raid? yes (when it's working). There are lots of moving parts, and everyone has to participate in them (unlike TOFS2), but the mechanics really aren't complex.... There are actual consequences to failing the mechanics though, both individually and for the raid, and not all of those consequences are just "ok then you die"... Also, 1 person screwing up a mechanic shouldn't wipe the raid.

IMO that makes it, at worst, a decent raid design that shows you who in your raid is a potato, if you don't already know.
    Duder likes this.
  15. Magickon Augur

How are you liking raiding in EQ for your first time?
    Duder likes this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

Anytime a raid is dependent on RNG is IMHO not a good philosophy for a raid.

Waiting and hoping for the right spawns to show up is not a good mechanic.

Slipping and sliding past hallways that you know you have to get to, or worse yet into the pit, is not a good mechanic.

A lot of the mechanics in the raid is fine. Having 18 people in the middle, not killing certain mobs or else named heals, going from area to area... those are fine. It requires raid coordination and communication and execution. But when I cannot cast spells because I am sliding towards the ice shade in the middle, or I repeatedly run past a hallway I should be in to DPS... that is not fine. Thankfully as a magician I can hit a /pet attack hotkey and still semi minimalist contribute.

Now maybe I just need to learn how to move on ice. Maybe 80% of DPS across all servers are like me and just need to "git guud". Trust me I try, maybe I just don't know the tricks and tips besides walk on and strafing...
    Gosan Kai likes this.
  17. Tumbler Lorekeeper

My first raid was in Kunark against VS for a epic. I remember the pally who was tanking had to go afk because he had to go to church. He told us all to not get aggro and good luck. It was a good time.

My comment directly coincides to TBL and ToV.

In TBL you could choose to skip plane of smoke. You only really had to do it once and for flagging purposes. After that you didn't ever have to go back.

Therefore; if that is the flagging. Then I like it better since it makes it so that you can choose to totally skip raids and not do them. This whole every week you must pass a check and obtain a lockout. That's just for the birds.

Do you understand how flagging works now sir?

As for the weekly taskadd. I'm talking about smaller guilds getting task adds from larger guilds just to skip over TOFS1. You only need 1 person in the raid to have the lockout to skip it.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No. Could you explain it again please? Me, of course, being exceedingly stupid and only completing all progression in EverQuest since the year 2000 I still don't understand it. :eek:

Your incredibly condescending tone notwithstanding, his comment was tongue-in-cheek.

Raid flagging actually was borne out of dungeon crawls. The next objective was only attainable once you cleared (flagged) to it.

Progression and raid flagging are the same premise as dungeon crawls. It makes good gameplay sense that you clear the lower objective before you get to the next one. Especially in a dungeon zone like TOFS.

People want to see TOFS 1 go away because it's difficult. Nope. No way. KEEP IT IN. KEEP IT DIFFICULT. And for the love of all that is Norrathian, keep TOFS 1 a requirement for TOFS 2 and 3.
  19. enclee Augur

That’s so funny and highlights the “complex” gameplay of the old days.
  20. enclee Augur

All of what you said can be true, but at the same time ToFS is a dungeon based on obtaining keys for the next floor. At the end of ToFS, you receive a key from Tserrina. So, it would make thematic and logical sense that the key would allow one to choose which floor or event, same as the static zone.
    Yinla likes this.