Fixed Internally Half my toons are gone....

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ninelder, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Ninelder Augur

Your latest patch caused half my toons to "poof" including the main. I got a pop up window saying that due to poor loading times I should contact CS. From what I can tell, this game doesn't have CS. Why do you guys ruin everything.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Step 1: ruin everything
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: profit
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I recognized that error but could not remember the correct wording which was prob "it took 15 seconds to load your characters, you may or may not be missing characters, contact CS to resolve any issues."

And doing a google on that brought up this
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/contact-cs-lost-characters.256777/

It might need a server reboot - try filing a petition and in the mean time perhaps restarting your computer and logging in again will help
  4. Duder Augur

This is usually due to lag when you get that pop up window. Have you logged out and tried again?
  5. Ninelder Augur

Relogged in and out a dozen times, restarted the computer twice now. It has been 5 hours since my petition and still no response. The devs ruin another week of EQ...
    Duder likes this.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Is that a week starting today going forward, or does this ruin previous days, meaning you only have a few ruined days to go before starting a hopefully non ruined week?
  7. Ninelder Augur

Idk here we are 24 hours later and my toons are still missing. Maybe it's going to be a ruined month!
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I lost a character once, took a couple of days to get a response & to begin with they said the character had never been mine, ticket closed.

Took me a lot of time effort & digging around in old logs & sending them in with a bunch of screenshots & files from my PC to eventually persuade them that yes the character was one I had played, they tracked it down & told me it was on the account of a player that I didn't even know & wasn't even active, they said as it wasn't my character they couldn't do anything and closed my ticket.

Eventually I managed to track down the exact moment that I had done a Heroic upgrade on it - that was finally the last piece of the jigsaw that showed them proof it was mine, as they managed to locate at their end details that showed when it was upgraded it was on my account, they could also see that no transfer request was made by me even though it had vanished from my account and appeared on someone else's, it was overall quite the nightmare.

So from my own experience of having had this happen, and I have never had any explanation of how it could have happened, I sincerely hope that this has not happened to you as it was a pretty horrible experience to do all that for just one character let alone 5.
    enclee likes this.
  9. Ninelder Augur

Niente one of the forum GMs got them back for me just now. Still no response on my petition, but I am about to go close it as I am afraid if I don't the CS people may screw it up somehow. Thanks again Niente!
    Skuz likes this.