ToFS Raid 1 Difficulty / Mechanics concerns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Cailen Augur

so Whulfgar how'd tofs1 go? inquiring minds wanna know
  2. Cailen Augur

no event should ever absolutely require corpse cannoning it to beat it...… that is the ONLY viable strat
  3. Thraine Augur

imo, the great divide raid is 20 mins too long ... this broken raid can take up to 1 or 2 hours, call me when this trash is fixed pls
  4. Mazame Augur

Needless to say they made changes and it Broken. So now the question is do we have to wait a month to do T2 raids again or is it going to be fixed sooner?

As for T1 it had Lag issues That were addressed in the patch notes and a fix was put in but the Fix did nothing. Yet they added sound to an already Lag Event.

Can we please have people spend time addressing the issues that need to be fix rather then adding in more unneeded stuff that just causes more problems.

Beta is the time to address problems and make changes not 5 month into the Exp.
  5. Windance Augur

Sathir's Tomb blocked us.

I am a big fan of having SOME way to work around the raids that are unbeatable by the lower DPS guilds.

I am a big fan of having raids that are not pure DPS checks. GD is a great example of a good starter raid.

ToFS is a great example of what I hate:
    -- Moving on ice is just sucks. It is just annoying and kills DPS. If I wanted to play mario cart I would ...
    -- Encourage use of 'magic maps' so you can pick out the high value targets.
    -- First raid in sequence so it blocks the next two raids.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

So Whulf... do you always double down on dumb things you say?
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

The fix for this is on test so now we wait.
    Azamar and Winnowyl like this.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

We taking bets on what their other changes (beyond the fixes) mess up this time? :rolleyes: I'm ready for 16 mobs spawning per room every wave, personally :p

In seriousness, other than the increased spawns making me worry a bit, I like the direction of the changes in the test notes.
    Winnowyl, svann and Thunderkiks like this.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

Yeah I know right. We shall see :)
    Winnowyl and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  10. Tour Augur

My bet is on a new bug similar to the one we had on the Beta GD raid where 100+ mobs spawn/warp to you - except that they are all skeletons of course.
    "You need more skeletons? Here you go!"
    Winnowyl and svann like this.
  11. Password1234 Augur

[IMG]
    Repthor, EQ Dev and Koryu like this.
  12. Thunderkiks Augur

Axxius likes this.
  13. enclee Augur

Wow that’s a lot of fixes to that raid. Prathun getting work done.
    svann likes this.
  14. Metanis Bad Company

Appears it was hotfixed this morning! Yay Prathun!!!
    FawnTemplar and svann like this.
  15. Axxius Augur

No doubt, it was his plan all along:
    - break something, and they all run crying to you;
    - fix it quickly, and you are the hero!
    :D
    Metanis likes this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Powerful the guild leader took a straw poll .. to see if members really wanted to try it or just wait for next patch..

I voted to try it as did 11 others (last time i looked at the poll ) and we were swamped by every one else saying no they dont wanna touch it u til after it was fixed sadly.
  17. Laronk Augur

As a paladin it really wasn't that bad, sit in your hallway and wait for things to kill. When not tanking rez people.
  18. Powerful Elder

And look, they hotfixed it today so we didn't have to throw corpses at a broken event all night.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But that is how you show how hard core of a guild you are!
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not really. But those are the events you remember forever and make a memory of.

The most frustrating things are usually the most satisfying when you break through.
    Elyssanda and Whulfgar like this.