Why aren't all of my /trader items appearing in search?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronk, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Bronk Elder

I am listing a set of 10 different items for a quest so that people can buy all of them at once. When I list more than 2 of each item, some of the 10 items don't show up.

What's going on here?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Could be recent patch?

Buyers may now only have one active buy line per item. When activating buyer mode in the bazaar, duplicate buy lines will be disabled and only the buy line that offers the highest amount of platinum and the highest quantity of items will remain active.
    Brilhasti likes this.
  3. Bronk Elder

Hmm, it sounds similar but not the same. First of all, I'm a seller, not a buyer.
    Second, other sellers have many more of more item than I do.

Perhaps they limit the number of search hits per seller?
  4. Duder Augur

Have you asked some one else to search for said item(s) after you have entered trader mode and asked if they see them?
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How are you searching? The search will only show 200 items. If you're doing a generic-enough search, they may not all show up. Perhaps narrow your search so that only those specific items can show up, or search based on seller (yourself) and see if that works.
  6. Nilwean Elder

The /bazaar window default limits results to 20 per trader.

[IMG]

Is that the issue?
    Beimeith likes this.
  7. Bronk Elder

They were also not seeing my 10th item in the set until I removed it to show only 2 of each which equals 20 search hits. I notice the other people also show only 20.
  8. Bronk Elder

OK, yes, that answers the question.

The next question is: how many people do you think actually bother to change the default? As it is now, the default shows all 10 items....

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions and the answer.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So this sounds like kind of a non-issue:

1 - Can't you change the default to not limit the results to 20/trader?

2 - If people find just one of your items, they'll still come and buy from you, since you're just putting up multiples. And when they open the merchant window for your traders, everything will, in fact, be there.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't think it really affects much. When I search, I'm searching for something specific. I think most people do this. So, as long as you have one of what I'm searching for, it will show up in my search.

If you just want to be assured everything is up for sale, when you initially go into trader mode, all your items in the window will acquire a green background. As long as everything gets that green background, then it's all up for sale.

Additionally, I think if I WERE searching a specific trader, then I'd know to change the default.

It might be a nice feature if they ignored that setting if the search WAS limited to one trader.
  11. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Selecting a specific trader overrides max number of items per trader.

Also, if you set it to above 20, it doesnt always filter it off of 20, regardless of the number used.
    Tatanka likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They changed the default to max 20 per trader because some players were using a trick to prevent anyone else's items showing up when someone did a search. They put up three traders all selling the same item and kept taking them up and down so they were the most recent in the search. No other trader would show up. This prevents that.
    Skuz and Tatanka like this.
  13. Zamiam Augur

I do all the time .. when im using my offline trader and im playing and want to check my trader i always change the default item from 20 to 50 ..

also If I have alot of items from the Prize: category I always specify cause sometimes there is a ton so if im checking if my XP potions have sold i always filter Prize: ping's (for example)
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea its stupid I got amice of security up and do a baz search there are four up but mine is missing whats up with that?

Andarriel
  15. Bronk Elder

The reason it is relevant is that I'm selling Anniv Six quest mats. So people might search on "Collector's" and won't see that I have the entire set for sale if they go with the default value which is probably most people. We tested this.

As some have pointed out, once they see my listing, they might seek out my related items. Then again, they might not.

But at least I know the answer now. Thanks for the help!
  16. Bronk Elder

I didn't test this rigorously but it seems that setting the number to something too large like 100 actually results in it showing fewer items - perhaps it set it to default value of 20.

Anyway, thanks for all the tips. I've got it figured out now.