Overseer agent question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, I've progressed my "Trade" quest type to level 2 now, but apparently, I don't have any agents with "Trade" at 2 or higher, so now I can't start any of those quests.

My question is, do agents ever "level up", so to speak, or is this issue only solvable by getting an uncommon agent who has the Trade ability at level 2? And, if so, is there a way to force the process to get an agent with that ability? I have 6 uncommon agents already, but none of them have the Trade ability.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

**Note: you can get offered Easy tasks in once level 2 or above. A Level 2 Easy task only requires a (1) for a level. So you should be able to do any Easy Trade 2 tasks. These are not always offered though.

You will need to acquire an uncommon agent or higher with Trade (2). None of your current agents will "level up" to meet this requirement without conversion tasks.

You can do a few things:
    -convert 3 commons to an uncommon that has at least Trade (2)
    -convert 3 uncommons to a rare that has at least Trade (2)
    (if the rare did not have Trade (2) you could then Retire the rare and once you claim the reward from the retire thing that pops in inventory, select the 2 uncommon agents choice at the bottom and hope that one has at least Trade (2)
    -complete a Recruit Uncommon task … either a specific agent with Trade (2) or a group of random uncommon agents with one having Trade (2)

It's one of the hidden parts of Overseer for folks who just dabble. You have to focus on getting a good base of agents (i.e. doing every Recruit X task you are offered) before focusing on a specific job type task. Or you will out level your ability to complete the tasks.
  3. MaxTheLion Augur

Agents do not level up. You need to convert three of a lower tier to the next tier which will RNG to determine the agent you get. The Jobs of the agents themselves are integrated so you at least do not have to worry about getting two Ognit Eznertob with distinct Job attributes.

In addition, the quest you're attempting to perform is a "Trade" quest but the agent itself will have "Merchant" as their job.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, haven't done any recruitment tasks so far, been cruising along fine with just the extra agents from critical successes so far. So, you're saying that when the recruitment quest finishes, you can select the abilities for the rewarded agents?

I've done option one several times, have 8 uncommon agents now. Just that none of them have Trade (2).
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, correct. I think everyone knows what I meant, though.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No, no selection of abilities. I just wanted to make sure that you didn't leave them out. You can always get lucky or have more agents to then convert.
    Tatanka likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

how do you retire? is converting them considered retiring? I got like 4 uncommon but just 1 rare. gonna be awhile before I can try elite. still new to this stuff.

Andarriel
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

ah I see the retire button now it just works on rares?

Andarriel
  9. MaxTheLion Augur

Select an agent in the Agents tab and click Retire in the top right corner.
    Andarriel likes this.