Update Regarding T3 Raid Unlock

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerrmutt New Member

Except in this case, the communication has been decent. We have had regular updates advising what was known at the time. Don't confuse communicating the issue with fixing the issue.
  2. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

What issue has been communicated? All I've seen is "there's a problem" ... which we know because the game is down. No explanation for troubleshooting efforts, no discussion on what's been done to address it so far, no comments on what DPG thinks may be the problem, and certainly no estimate of an ETR. I get why you wouldn't want to estimate an ETR, but the rest of it is still an issue.

Oh, and let's not forget what happened a month ago when T3 raids were supposed to go live then. Doing a major patch a day before try #2 of those raids going live knowing what a backlash the first screw up had was a terrible, terrible choice. And for what? To nerf the overseer? Come on.
  3. Nocolitsia New Member

@dreamweaver while I know your job is community management, it may be worthwhile to run it up the chain that some sort of compensation may be a good move after this unexpected downtime and the free month of play for the TLP's, after there are people who only pay to play the TLPs. Not a demand, just something to consider running up the chain.
    Utanelen likes this.
  4. Utanelen New Member

Since you censored my last post for whatever reason, I want to show you why I think you opened and closed the servers just for a guild to beat it and to say you had T3 open on 16 April 2020.

UPDATE - We will be unlocking servers at 1 PM PDT and have verified that T3 raids are active as well, we apologize for the inconvenience this downtime has caused and thank everyone for their patience and understanding.

dreamweaver, Today at 1:21 PM Report

2020-04-16 @ 13:35:09, Guild Realm of Insanity got drunk and created an elaborate Saw-like trap for Derakor the Vindicator
    2020-04-16 @ 13:36:58, Guild Reckless Ascension got drunk and created an elaborate Saw-like trap for Derakor the Vindicator
    2020-04-16 @ 13:45:27, Guild Silent Redemption got drunk and created an elaborate Saw-like trap for Derakor the Vindicator
    2020-04-16 @ 13:45:35, Guild Return of the Exiled got drunk and created an elaborate Saw-like trap for Derakor the Vindicator
    2020-04-16 @ 13:59:23, Guild Realm of Insanity brought peace to the Avatar of War
    2020-04-16 @ 14:09:19, Guild Silent Redemption brought peace to the Avatar of War
    2020-04-16 @ 14:16:45, Guild Reckless Ascension brought peace to the Avatar of War
    2020-04-16 @ 14:19:50, Guild Return of the Exiled brought peace to the Avatar of War
    2020-04-16 @ 14:26:51, Guild Realm of Insanity wheted their weapons and went Seeking the Sorcerer

[UPDATE] We're aware of the current downtime issues being experienced. I have alerted the ops team and will update as soon as I have more information.

dreamweaver, Today at 3:37 PM Report

dreamweaver's post is done pacific time which would be her first post12: 21 PM and her second post, after ROI beat it, 2:37 PM, All the raid win are Pacific time as well

But I must say that is awesome you guys beat it that fast and congrats.
  5. Febb Augur

You must not be looking very hard. They've been communicating the entire day.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?recent-activity/
  6. Jondalar Augur

Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  7. Ezzele New Member

You can't get the T3 raids working correctly. OK, I get that. All the raid guilds are upset... understandably.
    How about the millions of other players that don't raid? Why is our game play held hostage because the raiders can't race to be the first? You really need to look at the number of players that are affected by your decisions to keep the game off line. There are a lot more non-hard core raiders than raiders
  8. Kerrmutt New Member

As a customer, you don't need to know the technical details of what is broken or what is being done, especially if the exact reason is not currently known. Critical Incident Management details how you should communicate to your customer base and what they are doing this time would get them a pass mark. Sure, there are things they can do better like establishing when the next communication will take place: "We will give you an update in an hour or sooner if more knowledge is available." but overall, the communication is good.

P.S. Giving out information on what is being worked on would lead to many people making assumptions on what is wrong, decry attempts to fix it, say it is taking too long, etc. THere is no value in publishing that information during the incident. This is what gets published once all is up and working again.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  9. Utanelen New Member

I personally do not care what the problem is as I am not a computer guy, they could tell me the phalange in the left wing is going out and I would be like ok fix it then. However, I would like them to fix the problem, not patch it for a couple hours and then bring it right back down. I understand stuff happens but tell us the game is going to be down for the rest of the day so we are not waiting on them and can make other plans. I know there is really not much else we can do but that should not be their excuse as we pay them and what we do with our time should not revolve around the lack of full information.
    THEMAIN1 and Chopin.Xegony like this.
  10. Febb Augur

They very rarely ever tell us what caused these issues and only that it has been fixed.
  11. Aidan New Member

Am I mistaken, or has EQ exhibited the same multi-crash scenario for the last 4 or 5 years, specifically during Anniversary season, right after the 5-13th anniversary quests get released? Also, is Daybreak planning to extend the Anniversary beyond 10 MAY to account for all the recent downtime?

Also a suggestion: how about a level 100, or a 105 daily quest. It would be nice to get a quest reward from the dailies that gave more than 2/10 of 1% to XP, but that's just how I see it.
  12. Newbarific New Member

We did get a scheduled maintenance message this morning. And then a dev posting in discord they was asleep. So that communicating would be. We are asleep on the job or The system message was a lie or what is going on the system took over itself and posted that message on it's own. It was an accident....
  13. Celephane Augur

Wow, you are assuming this is all because of raids. Why?
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

Since this thread has moved quite a ways away from being about the T3 unlock it is now locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.