Now THIS is the EQ I remember from 20 years ago

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Juilan, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Juilan Apprentice

Servers up
    Servers down

Servers up

Servers down
    Rabithon and KarmaKitty like this.
  2. laller Journeyman

well the 13 hour down was planned so was the 3 hour one mabye they planned server to be down today also but wont let us know for a few hours but its awesome t3 supossed to unlock in 2 hours after the pushed it back 30 days go go darkpaw games i gues they have to push it back another 30 days cause peopel cant plan now they made another planned server down
  3. Vanshir New Member

If a " OMG shut that server down before all is lost" is a planned down... What is needed for an unexpected server down?
  4. laller Journeyman

its top secret company info so im sure no one knows
    Goburs likes this.
  5. Singe New Member

welcome to patch of the patch of the patch day
    Rabithon and Hillbillyheaven like this.
  6. laller Journeyman

Status: 4/16/2020 6:55 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled maintenance.

one can wonder were they post when they doing maintenace mabye its a super top secret forum
  7. dreadlord Augur

server info page still showing server (mine anyway) still up. which it very definitely isn't. So some poor souls are bashing away at the patcher thinking they have a connection issue because not even the info page is accurate :(
  8. Siden New Member

yeah i just pulled the sub for all my accounts, finaally time to shop around for a new game. Thanks for a good run, 20 fun years =)
    Rabithon likes this.
  9. wharfrat New Member

see you in a couple days Siden.
  10. forum troll Elder

you are welcome new member im sure all of those 20 year accounts will be missed

On a serious note though I hope you have fun wherever you go
    Bardan Masquerader likes this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Do you remember the Luclin launch?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  12. Total Tool New Member

People are fired for much less than this. It's a problem when you need to bring lawyers in to receive a service that you have already prepaid for a year in advance. It's time to start a petition and/or close all of our accounts. Just my opinion. Please feel free to ban my account for having an opinion I'll just do like all these Chinese farmers you can't seem to control and start a new account.
  13. Vanshir New Member

I agree with you, but they will shield in that we have paid a suscription to several games, not only eq (even its the only reason). So as long as the other work little can be made
  14. Wiee Mann New Member

you can still play for free
  15. Creatorx New Member

There can always be unforeseen problems occurring after a huge patch. I have been playing EQ on and off for the past 20 years and it has always been like this. It will happen in any online game not just EQ. Just chill out, do some studying in between server down times or breathe into a bag so you dont hyperventilate :)
    Then again I have never found a forum or information why they took down the servers unannounced in the 20 years I have been playing. They have ALWAYS been very bad at this. A simple minute explanation for ex. bug found - "Warriors turned into elf healers" emergency patch or something would be nice.
    You figure they would have learned this after 20 years :)

I stand corrected, after searching (Twitter) I did find
    EverQuest

@everquest

All EQ Live Servers will be brought offline on now for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 3 hours.

This is due to finding an issue shortly after unlock. We are actively working to address this and apologize for the inconvenience.
  16. Total Tool New Member

I have cancelled my accounts. There is no excuse. I will play the remainder of my prepaid subscription if in fact there is a server available. If you think this is ALWAYS something that's excuseable you are wrong. People evolve as well as systems etc .., you can stay stuck in 1999 when it was acceptable. Here's your bag back and I put some nuts in it. ;-p
  17. Hillbillyheaven New Member

the 3 hour "Planned" downtime yesterday wasnt planned. The servers crashed, like today, then they put "Planned" up, just like today
  18. StinkyVetWarrior Master

I think they are adding in a 75% xp bonus due to the quarantined state we are all in, and to make up for the unexpected outage.
  19. Malbrowncoat Elder

Shouldn't we run the patches and hot fixes on a standalone of the game first ? I know everything can't be foreseen. Specially with our hodgepodge of coding. I know the "test" server is THAT server. Not quite the same thing unfortunately. /sigh Jeff of Tunare BTW, Miss Tool backaway, slowly from the ledge....
  20. laller Journeyman

im telling you its planned in the secret darkpaw dev only forum ohh wait your right now its

Status: 4/16/2020 9:08 PDT - We are currently investigating a potential issue with server: All Servers

so mabye it just went from a 5 min plan to ohh wait it isnt planned mabye they found out they didnt post a down time but its kinda funny that they delayd t3 release 30 days i wonder if they are gonna do it again after peopel took another day of to enjoy a well planned release of T3 that they had 30 days to plan mabye its not a plan but just a toss of a coin