The PR is Laughable

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by forum troll, Apr 16, 2020.

1. forum troll Elder

Status: 4/16/2020 6:55 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled maintenance

So after hours of being told and not replying suddenly this is a scheduled maintenance to anyone who looks at the forums
  2. enclee Augur

I’m not sure they have PR outside of Dreamweaver. If, you look at their Twitter feed to the side of the forums, it’s the saddest thing. There’s no follow-up posts to when they discover issues. They get the same amount of views that I do, and I don’t use Twitter. The social media presence is just so sad. It’d be better, if they didn’t have one.
  3. forum troll Elder

You know, I don't blame the devs and coders who have stayed with EQ for a long time and seen its decline, forced to create and update content based on the tops brasses bottom lines they are trying to keep this game going for us by keeping costs down internally

I blame DPG / DBG you since taking over this game show you have never cared about it, its just one new project to you, - You fired off many employees, Heck your CSR ios a joke I mean Joke - I cant get even get an epic restored to me that was accidently deleted while being in a bag, I just get the old "sorry you will need to redo the quest" followed by the generic please /bug report this issue which makes no sense

Or the limited amount of man power you pay for to contribute to this games success so that the devs and coders you do have are overworked and underpaid

You have generated increasing profit each year based on TLPs and other goodies, do you use even 10% of the gains to hire a few more GMs, Devs, Coders?

Thank you Prathun, Ngreth, Jchan, Klandero, Ninte, and Im sure ive forgot a few names atm we appreciate all you do and sorry your abilities are hampered by those above you

gg
    Gyurika Godofwar, Dkofklove and Vyne like this.
  4. dreadlord Augur

agreed. The CS is used as case studies on various undergrad and postgrad PR courses - back from Ubisoft days to the present. Textbook 'how not to do it'. Almost like they really really don't want players
  5. forum troll Elder

They are given little options to help players anymore, they kept a few on that may occassionaly go out of their way, but mainly just churn out replies as fast as possible, I bet DPG gave them a Quota
  6. enclee Augur

You can get your epic back, deleted items just go to a vendor tab that says “Recover.” You just need to buy the reclamation tokens from the store.
  7. jiri_ Augur

Hey, they retweet that one guy on Mangler pretty regularly.
    Gyurika Godofwar and enclee like this.
  8. forum troll Elder

nope mind did not go to the recover tab I checked I keep tokens on me incase I make a mistake ever, Im assuming its not there because it was deleted while being in a container (the container was deletd) not sa sure why its not in the recover tab, but after 4 petitions arguing the fact the end result is "you will have to redo it"
  9. Aueman Journeyman

The bag wasn't re-claimable? I thought those for sure went to that area after being deleted.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Calm down folks. Sheesh. Lol
    eepok likes this.
  11. enclee Augur

Oh wow, that’s awful. I deleted a bag last month and recovered the important stuff, including the bag itself.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Quite sure that forum banner is automated when a certain number of servers are down. I logged into Fippy without issue 10 minutes ago. And Fippy just went down gracefully NOW with a 1 minute warning... So now they'll probably post something.
    eepok likes this.
  13. forum troll Elder

I reclaimed the bag yes thinking that maybe the epic would be inside, I do have the bag back but the epic was not there or in the restore tab

Thanks for the suggestions though :)
  14. Nadisia Augur

I don't want to defend them, but the red flag message is just an automated stuff , that's all.
    It's always a scheduled maintenance for this bot :D.

Servers are crashing? Scheduled !!! John's doggy peed on the ficus? Scheduled !!!

I don't know how ... but Vox server is still running.
    The chat system is totally dead, general, /ooc, /say, etc, nothing ... BUT the server is still running.

Good hamster, good !!!
    We're so proud of you.

[IMG]
  15. forum troll Elder

It is not automated or it would show when the same variables are in place each time - The first banner said potential issue, quickly to be changed to "scheduled maitnence"

Heck I don't know maybe I am wrong, however some servers were down 3 hours + before that banner popped up, and now we have a banner that changed what it said very quickly

/shrug
  16. Shanarias Augur

I got kicked out of Test 27 minutes after the so called "scheduled" maintenance started. I was logged in for three minutes, which means that I logged into a supposedly "down" server that let me in considerably later than the "schedule".
  17. Dkofklove New Member

way way longer 12 hrs ish for drinal