ToFS Raid 1 Difficulty / Mechanics concerns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Mazame Augur

So when doing the event you are limited to the # you can kill if you kill 1 extra you heal the heart and can no longer get him to 10% and fail the event.

Yet the event requires you to keep mobs on agro. Also the spawn of mobs is random I recall at least one time when we only few spec spawn and having to kill Drolv and skele we hit the enrage timer.

it feel like this is more of a Mistake then a Fix and is going to cause more issue with the event becoming unbeatable than anything.

Well guess we get T3 to fill our time If it not broken Tomorrow.
    Goburs likes this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Quite sure that means you need to kill a minimum of 10 specs / 25 drolvargs or skeletons. Otherwise you couldn't get the ach for killing non restless too. But feel free to FQ it up.
  3. Mazame Augur

The way I am reading it is the non restless have nothing to do with the event other then cheese.

Spec take the heart down 4% you kill 10 of them for a total of 40%.
    Skele/Drolv take the Heart down 2% you kill 25 for a total of 50%
    This takes the heart down to 10% unlocking him and then you kill the boss for the win.

Now the question is what is the " wrong type of mob" if this refers to the non restless then killing them means the named will heal and you can no longer win the event because.

Because it limited on the number you can kill. means if you heal it you wont be able to get it to 10%.

It going to be a fun event of keeping track of how many mob of each type you killed.

So I am pretty sure that killing the non restless is not the "wrong type of monster" because of the cheese.

So it sounds like "the wrong type of monster" is if you kill more than the 10 Spec or more than 25 Skele / Drolv.

This means to beat the event you can only kill 10 Spec and only kill 25 Drolv/skele is you kill to many you fail. O and if your unlucky on the RNG and one or the other don't want to spawn your SOL. Also keep in mind you have to keep at least 1 on agro at all time or you fail even if you not able to kill it.
  4. Aldryn Another New Member

You're overthinking it.

The wrong type of monsters are indeed the non-Restless mobs. There's a reason they have two hit points and fall over when you breathe on them, and there's a reason they despawn on their own after a little while of being active. Both Absor and Prathun described this mechanic in Beta, but for whatever reason it wasn't working when it went live.

Each restless drolvarg is worth 4% damage, each restless spectre is worth 4% damage, and each restless skeleton is worth 2% damage. It remains to be seen how much healing will be done by killing the non-restless versions, but if you max out on your restless spectre kills you've done 40% damage right there. From that point forward you get any 25-mob combination of drolvargs and skeletons, and some math should tell you it would be very easy to make up that remaining 50% damage from there.

Lay out 10 red M&Ms and 25 green M&Ms and eat one for each type of mob you kill. Or just count. Whatever you do, unless these non-Restless mobs are healing for 5 times the amount of damage their restless counterparts deal, it'll still be very doable.
  5. enclee Augur

I think the confusion comes from using the word limitation, including the exact number of mob types to kill, and the phrase enforced correctly”, which causes confusion. It can give the wrong impression, if you kill an 11th spectre you’ll be punished or another impression is that there only exists the exact number of mobs to take the Heart to 10% and any non-restless kills would prevent that.

It’s a rather poorly worded statement.
  6. Axxius Augur

I get the idea with the non-restless mobs healing the Heart. It does make sense. Although it makes the event harder because you now need to offtank non-restless dogs and skellies instead of 1-rounding them, and they still hit hard - more tanking and healing will be needed now. But at least it makes sense.

But what in the world does this mean?
    What limitation? Enforced how?

Are we supposed to count how many of which type of mobs we kill? And something bad happens if we kill 26 dogs/skellies or 11 ghosts? This sounds like something totally unnecessary, especially at this point in time.
  7. Aldryn Another New Member

I think it's worded just fine, honestly, and I still think this is being thought too far into.

I think the word "enforced" is used because very many guilds (ones that I know for sure and ones that I've heard about) simply chain slaughtered every non-restless mob that spawned. When I read that, I'm interpreting that there was supposed to be a limit on the number of restless mobs you could kill before they would no longer decrease the health of the Heart (e.g., kill 10 restless spectres and net 40% damage to the Heart, but kill an eleventh spectre and it does nothing, your remaining 50% damage has to now come from restless drolvargs and skeletons, don't heal it more than those remaining 25 can damage it and you win). If there was no other patch note about it, it might stand to reason that there's an immediate penalty, but in context with the healing now functioning, I think the pieces fit together pretty well.

If you don't kill any non-restless mobs at all, you'll never even know there's a limit to begin with. You can eat through 10 restless spectres and just 13 drolvargs to reach 10% health and still have a remaining cushion of 12 restless skeletons and drolvargs available to you. If you chain slaughtered too many non-restless, however, it would heal too much and you'd be at the point of not having any restless mobs left to "count." Kill them all you want, but they're not going to decrease the health and the event is a fail.

I dunno... maybe I'm stupid and I'm completely off base, but it seems to make pretty good sense to me.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm hoping that means that there will be a minimum of 10 Specs + dogs and skellies.

We have recently had a lack of Specs, leaving very little for those in the centre to do especially if they are melee.

I'm more concerned about

Does that mean it can increase faster/slower than it was when you are in the centre? Does that mean it decreases faster/slower when you are in the rooms? Are the 2 connected or are we going to get to a point where everyones chill is high and no one can do much in the centre?
  9. Windance Augur

Anyone beat the new and improved ToFS1 ?

Anyone else hoping they are going to roll it back ?
  10. Laronk Augur

What are the problems you're having, we're going to do it tonight
  11. Laronk Augur

seems a bit harder
  12. Slamg New Member

Sometimes a restless mob been killed and the heart didn't drop any hp. We're still in the very beginning phase of the event so the hard cap was definitely unreached.
  13. Slamg New Member

Did you guys win?
  14. Laronk Augur

not yet, i think the dogs and shades are tied into the max 10 kills and its just the skeletons on the 25 think its super bugged but at least you can just fight through the enrage timer
  15. Slamg New Member

The hard cap thing is definitely fqed up..:(
    Killed mutilple restless mobs in the first 2-3 mins of the event, and heart didn't drop ..
  16. Laronk Augur

so,
    we won but we went a stupid amount of time past the enrage timer, like 40 minutes past the enrage timer only skeletons were damaging it after about 10 dogs and shades total.
  17. Slamg New Member

Ok that makes sense but that hard cap is ridiculous though.
    10 shade/dogs is 40%
    25 skellies is 50%
    Which will put heart at exact 10% aka you don’t have room to wiggle.
    You accidentally kill a non-restless then you done. Nuff said.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Quite sure, how? Has your guild completed the re-worked version of ToV 2.1?
    enclee likes this.
  19. Jaay Lorekeeper

Yea we beat it aswell, took like an hour and 3 mins total, ended up waiting for skeletons to spawn since nothing else dropped the HP of the boss, fun boss!
  20. Laronk Augur

Yes it's so bugged