Merc question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tiger Tennis, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Tiger Tennis New Member

I"m a returning player from 15 years ago, so I have a legacy account. I started using a tank mercenary and he was duel wielding. I used my veteran claim and got a bloodborne one. In order to claim it I had to dismiss my current one that was duel wielding 2 weapons. The bloodborne tank came with a shield/sword. Am I now stuck with this mercenary? Is there any chance to get him to duel wield 2 weapons like my previous one? I assume that my bloodborne one would have been an upgrade, but it looks like the dps on this one is less than my original one.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can buy a different one. Just try them out till you find the one you like.

There are merc vendors all over POK and other cities. Use the find button and they will be listed.

The special mercs ( like you have) can be rehired thru the special merc liaison.

You can also buy and quest for additional merc slots. This does not mean you can run 2 at the same time. But you could keep your tank in one slot and healer in the other slot or bloodbone in one slot and other tank in other slot. I think there are a few slots available.

There is also a "confectionery" merc you can buy with all those loyalty tokens that built up while you were away.
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

Mercs are standard across the board (within each category and class at least) and how they look including any weapons are purely cosmetic.

As you level up they will sometimes acquire new weapons and shields however you may have to zone or camp to see any change.
  4. Tiger Tennis New Member

Thanks for the reply. Did not know my duel wielding merc was doing the same as my current merc. I guess seeing him swinging 2 swords gave me the impression he was doing more damage. I am assuming that any merc aa I get applies to all mercs I buy. Also any experience I get with a merc applies the same. It doesn't start over just because I got a new merc.
  5. Velicenda New Member

I've noticed the bloodbone tank hitting like a dual wielder quite often. Usually one round of combat is Slash Slash Bash Bash Kick. Almost as if he's dual-wielding and using the shield as his offhand weapon. Not sure if he gets the stun/interrupt bonuses of bashing twice, though
  6. Schadenfreude Augur

Yes you keep any merc AAs. You should check your merc window to see how many slots you currently have, once you acquire more slots this will allow you to have a tank, DPS and a healer merc depending on what require at the given time.