So Holly left to join Blizzard and WoW Classic?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Creedmonk, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creedmonk Augur

enclee likes this.
  2. Zansobar Augur

For Blizzard...
    biohazard, Ulrin, Barraind and 8 others like this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

eepok likes this.
  4. Xeris Augur

How does her new workplace make the situation... more bleak? If she went work at an insurance firm would you have been happier? Obviously Blizzard has more resources, and they've made a big investment into WoW TLP, so who better to hire than the person who pioneered the concept of TLPs...
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  5. enclee Augur

Smart move to make that jump
  6. Adrazon New Member

Edit: Xeris beat me to the punch. :)

No idea how you look at this and think it's a bad sign for DPG. It's not like we don't already know that WoW has always been a far more successful game. She left for bigger and better things. If she had jumped ship for LOTRO or something then I'd worry.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So she owed it to us to leave? That is how I read this when it happened and still read it that way now.

"Longdale said was that she was exiting Daybreak for a “once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that [she] owe to all the players and developers of EverQuest and EverQuest II.”
  8. jeskola pheerie

pretty much, after the total failure that was Miragul.
  9. That0neguy Augur

She was obviously forced out of DBG. Pretty big step down from leading a studio to being one of many producers on 1 title in a fairly large studio.
  10. Ennead New Member

Miragul didn't fail just because it didn't turn out the way you think it should have...
  11. Creedmonk Augur

Well from my experiences in life, people don't tend to leave something they spend a 1/3 of their life developing to go to the competition. I understand it was probably a raise/increase for her but I also imagine there's more to the picture than we all know. Time will tell.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

And your go-to thought was "I should post this on the forums so everyone else can know how bleak this is"?
  13. Bullsnooze Augur

This made me 'lol' in real life. :)

Though, I'm not surprised... Nothing Blizzard produces is a truly original concept. The very fabric of World of Warcraft was built on the foundation of EverQuest, but the target market appealed to a much broader audience. WoW Classic is no different.

Its an interesting, but expected move on Blizzard's part.
    Herodotus likes this.
  14. Falconii New Member

Perhaps not by choice, agreed.
  15. SOLARAXUS New Member

This is simple, just like Afterlife and many other core guilds on everquest. Just like Thott all those years ago....

She left to go play the easier game.
  16. Creedmonk Augur

You asked me a question, I responded. I posted this to the community so everyone can formulate their own opinions and discuss it. I happen to think it paints a bleak picture on the future of the game. I've seen it before, in life, people have jumped ship from...well... a sinking ship. Again, this is my opinion or view of the information I'm being presented. Do you have something constructive you want to add as to why you're opposing my opinion or view or are you done?
  17. Moege Augur

Wonder whose brainchild overseer was. Feels smells and walks like a project that was disliked and is now actively being killed off.
    jeskola likes this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

you mean with more than a handful of active players? you and your group playing on there does not make it a business success.
  19. wade_watts Augur

I think she meant that it was because of the players and developers of EQ and EQ2 that she had the opportunity. Probably a way to say thanks to the EQ community.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  20. Febb Augur

She made a good career choice. She probably saw the writing on the wall when Daybreak split out the studios. So she left for greener pastures into a big successful game company where there are plenty of more opportunities after wow classic is done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.