Bards can Twist, Why can't casters have a form of Twist

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deathly, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Deathly Elder

Imagine if you could set up a spell cast line up that would cast, like bards twist their songs. Seems fair~
    Krushor likes this.
  2. Blackhand New Member

Can't you do that with macros?

Sure, they end, but do you really want to backdoor nerf a bard's ability to twist?
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  3. Deathly Elder

This isn't a bard nerf, it is a caster upgrade. Reduce some spam, mashing, arthritis causing issues. Can't bards twist with just macros, sure, but they end.
    Waitwhat and Allayna like this.
  4. mikey anchorage Journeyman

because you dont have a bard, wanna twist roll a bard
  5. Cuuthbert Augur

Just use your mutibind you will be fine, I know you cant afk the raids but the good news is you can still make the emotes this way
  6. Blackhand New Member

So it is a backdoor nerf.

Adding exclusive abilities of one class to another is a nerf on the former.
    Chopin.Xegony and Elyssanda like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Casters were recruited for the Norrathian choir, as it turns out all they do is mumble & nobody except other casters understands a word of the mumbo-jumbo they speak when they are casting spells so they were kicked out of the choir & are not permitted to sing in public.

That's why, they failed Bard school.
    Vexana_Lanys and Nadisia like this.
  8. Herf Augur

You can write a macro that casts spell gems in sequence. That's good enough.
  9. Duality Augur

/pause 50, /cast 1
    /pause 50, /cast 2
    /pause 50, /cast 3
    /pause 50, /cast 4
    /cast 5
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

You lazy
    yepmetoo likes this.
  11. svann Augur

Melody isnt a bard ability, its a fix for a bard issue. And it does make sense that if casters are hitting as many buttons as bards used to that they could have something similar. In the meantime here is a possible solution: Windows macros. You can download Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center from Microsoft and make repeating macros. Its not against the rules so long as you dont use it to afk kill.
    1 pause 2 pause 3 pause 4 etc repeat etc. Or you could multibind all relevant spells onto a single key and then use Windows macro to just hit that key over and over 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 etc.
    Veteran_BetaTester and Yinla like this.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

13. Soulblaze Journeyman

Multibind! Not a macro!
  14. Tevik Augur

I love playing EQ, but I wish I didn't have to actually PLAY it, you know?
    Herf and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not so easy to do for wizzys, when using claws we tend to not cast the same spell each time depending on the proc.

If we get GoMs we use a different spell to usual.
    svann likes this.
  16. forum troll Elder

Bards do other actions while their melodies play they also offtwist songs in when needed, Funny a few posts within days about automated casting,

Why not just ask them to add in the unmentinable software as a game feature?

*eye roll*