[Compiling List] RE: Old Weapons into Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dhurgan, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Sokon Augur

I think they should make a new container that simply changes any weapon into an ornament of itself. This would require you to still obtain the original weapon and therefor maintain diversity and rarity.
    I don't see why they couldn't code this and put it on the overseer and loyalty vendor and marketplace within an hour's time.
  2. Beardsy Elder

You know how you said the player base might feel disrespected? Yeah. Overseer is hot garbage. This changes to marketplace or no $ from me.
    Your move, Darkpaw.
  3. Monkman Augur

Ngreth has commented on this in the past, they do not have the tech in order to implement this type of system. He mentioned in the past that this would involve basically making a "combine" for every single weapon in the game. The same way a tradeskill combine works, he would have to code that type of combine for every possible weapon ornament combination currently in game, which would be in the realm of tens of thousands of combines.
  4. Ninelder Augur

Been asking for this for years, in every thread and on the ornament forums, as well as repeatedly bugging every guide to step foot on our server during Erolisi Day. I want a wildflower bouquet ornament to go on a shield for my caster and priest. Willing to pay for it.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=112617
    [IMG]

Please git 'er done.
  5. Zinth Augur

Instead of making it hard... just let us slot in an old WEAPON into the ornament slot and TADAA you now have that look on your current weapon... so if you have the old epic, or epic shield or something else cool... put it into the socket and you have it's looks :D wauw that would just be too easy to do wouldn't it?
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

<golf clap> Did you think you were the first person to think of this?

Did you think you were the first person that needed to be shown all the times this has been explained at length?

Because I know you didn't do a search and read why that's a hard NO bro. Look it up.
  7. Stom New Member

8. Triconix Augur

And here we go with the same suggestions ad nauseam. Ngreth delivered us some awesome ornaments from our initial list, and I'm betting with enough interest in them, he'll make more down the road, especially considering the initial list given to him isn't all available yet. I cannot thank him enough for his efforts as it's been a want of mine for years to have some of these available.

The means of acquiring them may not be the most ideal, at least for me, but I can deal with it. My only suggestion is to potentially add them into either the ornament dispenser we get from Overseer tasks or adding them to the Marketplace as well as an alternative so we can purchase them.

Regardless of the outcome on how to acquire them, I'm just happy we have more choices and some ornaments with the best weapon graphics this game has ever had.

Thank you, Ngreth. If DPG doesn't see enough of an influx in revenue to Overseer with these ornaments, I'll venmo you some extra cash so you can continue making more! ;)
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I found out while making these... if an actor is not already defined as a shield it will not work a shield ornament :/ (I can make a shield with it... but not a shield ornament)
  10. Ninelder Augur

If you can make a shield with it, then you could make a shield ornament for it. Sold!!! I will take two!!!
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

did you read?
    Triconix, MasterMagnus and Duder like this.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

He means the model they already have, in the way it is set up in the database, it can not be made into an ornament. They have to make a new model, even just opening it up (assuming they have a master in an editable format, and easily at hand) and then editing the elements needed to format the model in the way they need to make it an ornament, is not a given.

They are short on modeling skill at the moment.

He means they literally can't at this time.
  13. Ninelder Augur

I read that as: "You can make a shield with the same graphic, but not turn the existing weapon ornament into a shield ornament."

Thus: You can make a shield that looks like this... and then make an ornament to look like that shield.
    which I would then buy or acquire.

What did I misunderstand?
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

15. Ninelder Augur

I did not see your answer until after I replied to his. As all posts were made within a 2minute time frame. I understand you both to mean the character animations with weapons as compared to shields, I get it.

I play a caster and a priest, neither can duel wield. If i played a melee or a tank I could put those ornaments on both weapons. It did not occur to me that the character animations would be based on weapon vs shield even if the graphics of the weapon and shield were identical.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Shields are problematic in their setup.
    -Both weapons and shields start at a 'base size', and are scaled for the races. Scaled on a single number as a percentage, not a detailed 'size box' that can be proportioned to each race.
    -Both need an 'attachment point'. Weapon is in the fist, shield is floating off the forearm.
    -The model needs to be oriented for the attach point it is intended.

which will begin to illuminate the odd differences in shields and even orientations between them. (*edit*) and the way illusions hold off hand items wrong.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

yeah. The actor itself has to be set as "shield" or I can't make an ORNAMENT of it. I can make an actual shield item (it may not look like you want, because I can't change the orientation of the "attach": point.)
    One of the requests was an item that uses a staff-book (staff with a book on top) as a shield. It looks a bit weird because the stick is just stuck to your arm, but players wanted it... so I tried.
    The actor is a "staff" and set as a "blunt weapon"
    The item was a shield and set as shield
    the item "works" attaching a stick to your arm.,

when I made it a Shield ornament, and I stuck it in a shield... it appeared in my hand, not my arm... despite it being a shield :/ so the actors attach point overrode in an ornament :/
    Waitwhat and MasterMagnus like this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I made a 'bag of candy' for Player Studio, among many other non-conventional shield ideas. Most just don't work. :(
  19. Ninelder Augur

That is exactly what i want a floral bouquet in each hand. I don't want one in my weapon hand and the other on my arm. When the servers are up and stable I will see if any duel wielding melee have any of the ornaments and screenshot it.

Edit: The picture I posted above has a toon with the ornament in the secondary slot already, that is what both should look like.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. Boze TLP complaint factory

New ornaments are super rad. Staff of Power and the Solteris + TSS ones are particularly awesome. Price feels fair-ish too, can get around an ornament per month or so.