Fixed Internally Secondary anchors and jack-o-lantern deleted when I logged in....

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tatanka, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I have more alts than houses, and have all alts set to allow storage and placement on all my plots.

When I logged in after the patch today, I was greeted with numerous "duplicate secondary anchor was deleted" messages, along with another for a deleted duplicate jack-o-lantern.

These items have been in place for years, so the only change causing this must be the patch.
    Jein-ko, Laurana and Aanuvane like this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I got tons of duplicate item deletion messages as well, which did go to the trouble of telling me the names of the items . . . but not where they were deleted from. All in all, not too pleased with a bunch of stuff being deleted but no clue where it came from, nor why I somehow had multiple lore items in my possession to begin with.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

Me too - I have characters that have been allowed to place their owned lore items into others plots and now I'm logging in to long lists of "Lore item deleted" message - that the heck! I just noticed a primary anchor was deleted :(
  4. Aanuvane Augur

I suspect no one single character was ever able to violate the lore rules, BUT I did notice a little while ago that I could have multiple lore items in the same house as long as the items owners were different. I'm not sad about losing some of the lore gear, you've saved me the trouble of deleting it - but if I lose anchors. I have 12 characters that all have primary anchors in the guild hall - are they all being deleted? I have several secondary anchors from different characters placed on the same real estate plot. I am not going to be happy if all those things disappear too.

IF you wanted to change the real estate storage rules, you should have had offending items returned to their original owners, not deleting them.
  5. niente Developer

It's a bug, currently being investigated.
  6. Thunderkiks Augur

Oh man I hope you can fix, hundreds of items deleted over several characters =(
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I had a boat load of reis and other armor, augs etc all deleted. - quite a shock. It left anything I was wearing but deleted the second one I had even when it was not lore. :oops:

Making a list now
  8. Thunderkiks Augur

The one that hurt me pretty bad was the scalebreaker storage crate that came from collections in RoS. Lots of characters had them deleted because they were on others property!
  9. Aanuvane Augur

I'm afraid to log in any more characters today :(

Is there a file I can manually update to turn on logging? It's currently off for all my accounts/characters
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

Me too. I stopped. Patch now so hopefully found issue or just rolling us back

Command is /log on
  11. Morigaine Elder

Agree with Thunderkiks. Rollback needed as hundreds of items lost due to crate issue.
  12. Moege Augur

fffff....... /sigh
  13. Graves Elder

Just had 2 fearslayer's storage crates deleted. God only knows how many items were in them.
  14. German Augur

Yeah, one of my guys the only thing deleted was the scalebreaker crate. That's gonna leave a mark.
  15. Spark New Member

How did this not get discovered on the test center?
  16. Thunderkiks Augur

I see why it happened also. When I was running one of my characters to the guild hall to replace her anchor I always use the lobby door and sort by my items. She only had items in the neighborhoods her plots were in. Once I got in to the neighborhood I went to the property and every item on the plot had the owner of the plots name next to the item, even items I know other characters placed there.

As far as all items in the guild hall, every item in the guild hall had no owner attached at all.

There has been the fix for anchors for a while now since they seamed to disappear at random so that's why we at least got them.

Once my character logged in that was the guild leader (not sure if that was coincidence or just because she was the first of that guild to log in to the hall) she got a wall of text saying items deleted because they were lore. Her list was so large that I had to scroll to screenshot all of it.
  17. niente Developer

This was a new mistake that didn't happen on Test. Test helped us find other problems that did get fixed for the Live patch.
    eepok likes this.
  18. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

SO is this going to be fixed with a rollback, and then try to redo the patch at a later time, so that you don't end up having to chance thousands of "I'm now missing XXXX (filll in here)" And do we have an ETA?
  19. svann Augur

You guys have more problems with anchors than I think anything else. Could you possibly consider changing them to not require an object placement? Maybe something like having the clickie attune to your guild hall or house?
    Herodotus likes this.
  20. Herodotus Augur

K.I
    K.I.S.S.