Returning for the free TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deadshade, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Deadshade Augur

I have been playing on Fippy, Ragefire and Agnarr but always left around Luclin.
    Now I heard that the TLPs should be free for a month and decided to play again some EQ.
    However I saw that there are plenty new TLPs about which I know Nothing.

Could you advice me a TLP considering that :
    1) I don't expect to play longer than 2-3 months (I have still 4 or 5 Kronos that I never used)
    2) I would like to find groups for levelling and adventuring (will probably start a level 1 character)
    3) it would be nice if there was a guild that supports new starting players
    4) I am not really interested to use again my lvl 60 characters sleeping on Ragefire and Agnarr.
  2. Overcast451 Augur

Manger is the high population server right now it's at PoP/LoY currently. Plenty of groups at all ranges there and a good number of guilds across the spectrum.

New TLPs are going to be released, but no solid info on the specifics or dates from DPG just yet. I'd say it'll be at least 2 months before we see a new TLP, maybe a bit longer. But who knows, they could announce it today. I believe they are merging older Live servers today, probably to free up hardware for the new TLP servers, but that's all speculation I think. :)
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Play on test.

TLP aren't worth your time.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

5. Deadshade Augur

Thanks.
    So I will try Mangler.
    However I see plenty of posts about Mangler problems, server down etc.
    Is that something structural or just some smaller problem which just happened to appear now ?
  6. Sad Panda Elder

Mangler has had many server stability issues. It has crashed daily. I would say structural
  7. jeskola pheerie

I love test, but he said he wants to group while leveling.
  8. jeskola pheerie

Something structural. They have termites in a load-bearing beam somewhere around West Karana.
  9. Racci New Member

You're only planning to play 2-3 months but you want other players and their guild to take the time to level you? Go play WoW instead, we dont need that crap.
    Icetech likes this.
  10. Rebelicious Augur

90% of your server will quit for the new TLP tho... always do... that's why I have max toons collecting dust on Agnarr and Coirnav atm.
  11. Icetech Lorekeeper

why do you leave to just re-level again?
  12. Rebelicious Augur

Because most everyone in my guild leaves...
  13. Icetech Lorekeeper

Fair enough :) I think mangler will be nice if like 30% go. but if it gets deserted.. meh... might as well just play on live
  14. Isell New Member

It always makes me laugh when other people tell others how to play or when to play. You are likely one of those narcissistic people who believes they know everything. If he wants to play for 2 or 3 months. Just who are you to tell him to go play wow or anything else. Go play your own toons.
    Thalliius and Brilhasti like this.
  15. Dilf Augur

So the basis of your opinion is from experience of all your friends leaving a prison server and an uninspired Phinigel clone that people knew would fail from the start? Ok. Granted, I know people would ditch Mangler for the next TLP if it had an inspired ruleset, but will stay until the very end if it doesn't. Phinigel had a very strong population until the last couple of expansions, but still have 3'ish raiding guilds smashing content. A new boxing server will surely cripple the Ragefire+Lockjaw merge.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Isnt Mangler also an uninspired Phinigel clone? More people will leave than will stay, which is fine, with login queues, 100 man bot armies etc it will actually seem better for a while, the problem is that you will still have attrition as you had before but didn't notice, but there will be almost no new players to replace them so the population will slowly sink and guilds will collapse into a few. Eventually you will be left with the "die hard, never raiding plane of sky again" types and you will have a small server of 3-6 raiding guilds all at the top end level/gear wise and little to no PUG or leveling happening. Look at every other TLP before Mangler for proof of that.
  17. Rebelicious Augur

I don't like the system Daybreak has working at all... just commenting on experience for what it is... and was in reply to the arrogant fellow who told the OP to go play WOW cos he won't commit for more than 2-3 months. Personally I'm also reading threads of FFxiv, and I'm sad to say as on original EQ veteran... their playerbase is a lot happier... most likely because short-term fail servers aren't being used as a greedy money-grab of the players.
    Icetech likes this.
  18. Pazuzu New Member

stay gone ya hear
  19. Icetech Lorekeeper

I wish you the best in your next game:) I don't see why this thread is even continuing, if you are un-happy just go.. and i'm not saying it in a mean way.. it just doesn't make sense to even discuss it.
  20. Pazuzu New Member

did the other TLPs before Mangler have the same ruleset?