Suggestion: put put rank 3 spells on the raid vendor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im a bit of completionist regarding my spell book(gotta collect them all!), but being too greedy with bidding on "filler" spells on raids is a disadvantage to the rest of the raid force.

I propose that completing "conqueror of (insert expansion)"-achievement, should unlock all rank 3 spells on the raid vendor for that expansion. That way you have the opportunity to buy the few spells you are missing with your raid currency, before your guild moves on to the next expansion.

Do that retroactively for all expansions! :)
  2. enclee Augur

They should just be purchasable the same way weapons are available to melee.
    Jhenna_BB and Daedly like this.
  3. svann Augur

I came to this thread for some drama, but you make a good case for it with the filler spells. That said, it will be a while before I have any spare currency to spend on filler.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Raid spells unlock on the vendor halfway? through the expansion. They will be on there in a little bit.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Are you saying they already do this?
  6. Ninelder Augur

They haven't done this in the last few expansions, my raiders never finished their spells
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That sounds like people quit raiding an expansion before they are done getting what they need. There is plenty of time over the time of the expansion to get an entire guild and many alts all the spells.
  8. Sine_of_the_Times New Member

Put put, as in miniature golf? How did you know I like miniature golf?!
  9. Ninelder Augur

Oh yeah we have tons of what I call "yearlings" And I play skill classes so spells and gear do less for me than they do Tank or DPS, I pass a lot. Before I was always able to eventually buy the rank 3s, not so for the past few years.
  10. Ooglie New Member

I was thinking something along the lines of allowing an exchange of a lot of rank II spells for a single rank III. Maybe 50 minor/lesser/etc. Can be turned un for 1 rank III minor/lesser/etc. Give the non-raiding community the opportunity to earn rank III spells, and give completionists an opportunity to go back and get spells from raids that their guilds are no longer doing. Just make sure that it requires time and effort to obtain.
  11. Duder Augur

No thanks.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  12. Archery Lorekeeper

I have never seen this be the case. Over the years I've been in several end game Raid guilds and garnering all the RKIII spells for most players is near impossible. This is with Raiding 3 or 4 times a week with a Raid force always 54 with many on the bench.
  13. mikey anchorage Journeyman

how about earn them instead of expecting to not work for anything
    Zaray likes this.
  14. seber Augur

hell yes