Overseer quest duration

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Axxius, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Axxius Augur

Please reduce the duration of the longer Overseer quests to 11.5 hr, 23.5 hr, 35.5 hr, 47.5 hr. For the same reason why raid lockouts are 4.5d instead of 5.

Overseer quests rotate every 12 hr. Anybody wanting to do them twice a day always gets into a situation where the previous quests have a few minutes left to complete. If you wait - you will get longer and longer out of sync with the cycle. So you pay 3-5 dbc to finish them - which is a totally unnecessary load on the payment system.
    Thunderkiks, Sokon, Ninelder and 4 others like this.
  2. Windance Augur

I think that is kind of the point of the micro payment design.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Question: Does the amount to finish early scale? In other words, is it less DBC to finish 10 minutes early vs. finishing the same quest when there's 5 hours left?
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

It scales with time left down to a minimum. I've noticed the higher lvl quests cost more to finish than the original lvl 1 quests as well.
  5. Rila Journeyman

Reducing the unnecessary stress on the payment system might have some real impact on reducing zone lag too!
    Celephane likes this.
  6. Axxius Augur

In this case it's so micro that processing those transactions probably costs more than they are worth.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Really? I find it hard to believe it's a big stress. How many people do you think are playing EQ at any given time? Of those, playing OverseerQuest? And of those, paying off quest timers?

I just can't see that being a very big number. Perhaps the first week Overseer was live, but not now.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  8. Windance Augur

Level 1 quests with less than 90 min are 2 DB's.
    Level 2 quests with less than 90 min are 3 DB's.

I THINK it is approximately 2-3 DB for every hour beyond the first 90 min. Seem to recall a 5 hr 'finish' was around 10-12 DB.
  9. Sokon Augur

Axxius is one of the smartest EQ'ers I've ever met. I don't know him well but my brother and I were fortunate enough to be part of their raid team over at Triton for nearly a year before we both retired 2 years ago. Anything he recommends is most definitely well thought out, to the point and with good reason as is evident in this post.

Reducing all the timers at some level to make it possible to maintain a schedule without going "out of sync" as was stated makes a lot of sense and I'm sure would be appreciated by raiders especially, they live by a schedule.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

Yep it scales and the end is at 1 hour 29 minutes is the same price to pay if you finish it say 5 minutes early.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

True, but now that I know I can move the finish times by 90 minutes for a pittance of DBCs, I can maintain the schedule I want without waiting for a code change.

I only check in on Overseer twice a day, regardless of when individual tasks finish. Since I started ~10 days ago, the time has creeped just to the point where I was going to blow a checkin to get it back to where I wanted it. Well, the patch today automatically did that for me, but the next time, I can spend 2 x 5 = 10 DBC to move it back 90 minutes. If I only have to do that 4 times a month (max), that's 40 DBC out of 500. Since my DBC usually just builds up (there's very little I want to buy), that sounds like a great plan :)