searchable EQ DB site to replace ZAM

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ltldogg, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Ltldogg Augur

Hi,

I am coming back after another hiatus. In the past I used ZAM as a premium member to search their database for items, quests, etc. However, that site is no longer secure so it's untrustworthy. Are there any other good sites to search for LIVE EQ info similar to ZAM?

Thank you,
    Ltldogg
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nothing wrong with ZAM in my book, been using it for years.

But if you wish to use something else there are a few

magelo.com - good for item searches as well as its character profiles & forum signatures
    raidloot.com - good for a range of item queries
    eqresource.com - decent quest / guide database
    everquest.fanra.info - solid wiki for EQ on a whole range of things
    raspersrealm.com - solid guides set out by expansion
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not sure where you got that info. Its fine. The problem is the people who use it are running sub par anti virus and pop up blocking programs and then whine about it and give it bad reviews. Yes it does have some issues now and then but they soon get fixed. I use it all the time as do hundreds of others.

People will bash it right and left but just go to new comments and see tons of people posting on it all the time so if it was that bad then none of them would be able to use their computer.
  4. svann Augur

EQ resources for content back to HoT.
    EQ Traders corner for TS

As a premium member of Zam, Ive had no issue with them aside from being occasionally down. Ive heard unpaid users have problems with popups, but that issue is fixed with a popup blocker which everyone should be using anyway. If you arent, then why the hell not? Internet security affects everyone - kind of like vaccines.
    eepok and Skuz like this.
  5. Ltldogg Augur

Sorry, not trying to offend those who use ZAM. In fact, I love ZAM and used it since it's inception. It's just that I don't trust a site that does not have a current SSL cert. It has had this problem in past years. I certainly have adequate AV and popup blocker software.

Thank you for the suggestions!
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Fair is fair but how are we all accessing it without getting a warning about current SSL cert?

Your browser can also have issues seeing that current certificate on any site.

If you visit a website and your browser gives out a warning, “This site’s security certificate is not trusted”, then it indicates that the certificate in question is either not signed by a trusted root certificate or that the browser is not able to link that certificate with the trusted root certificate. https://cheapsslsecurity.com/blog/brief-account-ssl-certificate-technical-errors/

Not trying to convince you or anything, it is your choice bottom line. So you have been given some other sites which hopefully will work as well and as easily for you.
    :)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Ltldogg Augur

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback and info. I'll investigate further.
  8. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Looks like the login server cert expired. I've notified Ops about it. Sorry about that.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Guess I was wrong. Wonder why others are not getting the error?
  10. Ltldogg Augur

Thank you Gidono. I appreciate your quick reply and attention!
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

With a sub Zam is fine never had a problem with it subbed. Non subbed I suggest using an ad blocker the advertiser they usually go with is problematic.
  12. Ltldogg Augur

Thanks Corwyhn. I re-subbed successfully, but didn't dare until the certificate was fixed so I knew much connection was secure.

I have known for years that with a non-sub the ads they hosted are very problematic, which to me reflects poorly on ZAM as well. I do love their EQ DB and like I said previously, have used and paid for their service for years. I hope they can maintain and even improve the site.

Sub or not, does anyone ever experience cookie problems with ZAM causing them to have to delete their cookies on a regular basis? I always use the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10.

Thanks,
    Ltldogg
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I haven't had any cookie issues but most of the time I use Firefox.
    Ltldogg likes this.
  14. Windance Augur

Yes . Very annoying.
    Ltldogg likes this.