Devs completely shoot down Free Trade TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Kittany Augur

That statement looks very familiar to me. I mean, it's just on the tip of my tongue, but I can't place it. Perhaps you can help me figure it out? :p
  2. jiri_ Augur

I don't believe that's really true. At this point, it's popular because it's popular. People weren't moving to Brekt, which was also free trade. People play on FV because it's one of the few servers that's reliably high population. The people are the draw, not the ruleset.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Manipulation of quotes to make people look like they are saying something else is just a d**k move.

Don't be a d**k. Quote me properly or just don't.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Glad to.

People trying to use P99 red to justify a PvP server were using a bunkum argument to try & justify a bunkum proposition too.

Not sure why you struggled so hard, figured you were smarter.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Brunlin Augur

.......and we will call it "The Loot Rights Server" for Krono s
  6. Xondor Lorekeeper

Right there with you brother. Restarted my wow account a couple weeks ago when I realized this new tlp server bs is going to drag on until summer when we'll all finally be able to go back outside again anyways. Level 48 on classic now. Gettin 60 this week sometime!
  7. DryalRmog Augur

I have seen lot of friends leave EQ over last few years, FV would bring some back.

Redoing ANoTheR TLP same ruleset launching in classic or lunatic or velious won’t.

How many times can we do same thing over and over and over again?

At least FRee trade loot server would be something diff

People in my guild was even trying to come up with trade back loot to guild when get upgrade and rebid our old item for DKP new rules

Not now...
  8. DryalRmog Augur

Another thing, the fact you get a 6 page thread very fast with disappointed responses from many diff people , says to me there is much interest in free trade fast exp TLP
  9. Typucm Elder

100% agree.

We all know there is A LOT of interest in free-trade (not saying FV, we not need fast exp, if Devs think we not want to buy their exp pots) but what we, their customers, can do about it? Nothing, DPG still think - "only few ppl want free-trade TLP".

Them not want to open new servers now, too much problems for them and much load, but open all TLP servers for Free-to-play players seems ok for them? Even much more load, but noone will pay them for it? Seems them not need money at all, just need some statistics about numbers of players.
  10. Cezz Journeyman

Oh womp womp. I quoted you exactly. You just confused yourself with a rambling runon sentence. If rereading what you wrote makes you upset you should think about why that is.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Playing dumb? You edited what I said to alter the context.

Next.
  12. Sikkun Augur

FV has a high population using Macroniquest....it’s probably the most popular EQ tool behind magic maps. High demand for Macroni and magic map allowed TLP confirmed.

Let’s do it!
  13. Kittany Augur

I was more referring to opponents of a certain type of server using a certain live servers population as justification as to why nobody wanted a TLP of a said type of server. It was indeed bunkem. :p

Not so sure why that was so difficult for you to figure out. :p
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

False.

1. Zek being very low pop & the "event" having such a poor showing of support proved support for a PvP TLP was very small.

2. FV/Brekt - FV having lots of players being used as justification for Free-Trade disproved by Brekt being so low pop because in that case clearly Free trade wasn't the only factor involved.

So your argument is one that employs false equivalence by ignoring the context.
  15. Kittany Augur

How is that statement false? It might take some time, but I can go dig up the posts by various forum dwellers that have used that same exact argument and post them here. But I don't want to hijack the thread though.

But I do agree with you though, using a live server's population to gauge the popularity of the said server type for the proposed popularity of a TLP is very disingenuous at best. It in my opinion shows ignorance of the live server history and the many people forget that the TLP environment is a vastly different game than of live.

Edit: I think I just saw your edit. While some of the post may be off, I think we're on the same page, but diametrically opposed to agree :p
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

My apologies, I took that one as if you meant me personally & I shouldn't have.

Others probably have used it by itself (a mistake) which would support your argument, so yes I think we do agree on at least part of it.
  17. ntellect Augur

How much support does FV get since its a functioning Free trade server for some years now. I'm calling BS. People who don't want it go play on another server that has a rule set you like.

They are missing out on an opportunity here and are not giving a resaonable answer as to why. Just explain your logic.
  18. ntellect Augur

I dont get this. I am on FV and I cant leave there. Been playing for years. A matter of fact I have never transferred a character so I dont even seen as that is something to consider. If I play on a free trade server the first thought I have isn't "well, wait a minute - what if I cant transfer?"

Hell even people on Agnarr cant transfer from their locked server so where is the option or consideration in this?
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Agnarr characters are allowed to transfer to a LIVE server, same as the other current TLP.

Characters may not be transferred to a TLP server (one exception being Lockjaw to Ragefire was permitted).

As far as I am aware the only servers where transferring characters off is not permitted at all are Firiona Vie & Brekt, which are the only two servers that have Free-Trade enabled.

https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-what-is-a-progression-server