Two Kronos a month for Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by pikken, Apr 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pikken New Member

Classic corpse Runs ( anyone have coffin money), Slow Xp similar to launch, GM enforced single toon and no boxing (for real) 1999 style. Take away origin please. No shared bank or parcel guy. Bring back adversity into EQ.

Levelling up, putting together groups of strangers holding a camp for hours, maybe dealing with a group member or two that is new to the game and teaching them a few tricks, funnest part of the game.

The one feature I like about EQ servers is the /pick feature. I never really remember camps not being available 20 years ago so it wasn't really an issue but today it would be a mess. It's a mess on p1999. Rotation and socking just sucks, I don't want to do that again, it's not fun at all.

The extra Krono is to pay someone to strictly enforce the anti-cheating and boxing rules.
  2. Hamburglar New Member

So pay twice as much for something that's identical to what I can play for free?
  3. pikken New Member

say hi to the spreadsheet guys on p1999 making the 6 guild rotation for VS. I love playing with those guys =/
  4. Vicus Augur

I am all for there being strict enforced no boxing rule (one character only) but I am not for charging double for the devs to ACTUALLY do their job. This sets a tone I do not like. Over the years the devs have gotten worse and worse and WORSE at dealing with people cheating and now they just straight ignore it. Now we wanna pay them for doing a crappy job over the years? That's like paying your girlfriend to love you more because shes growing apart over the years. (If you love me like when we first met I'll buy you a car?)

Ill pay for new mercs (like a shaman so I don't have to box a slower anymore) or pay for my own pick of an instance or a server where the GM's are doing weekly events that require someone to actually oversee, but I won't pay extra to the Devs for doing a job THEY are suppose to do. If the devs lost half their playerbase and the forums were like we arent coming back until cheaters are dealt with, they would do something but until that day they will continue to do as little effort as possible on cheaters to maintain as many subscriptions as they can. Paying them double will just enforce the idea that if they do as worst job as possible on other servers it will only promote our enforced boxing server even more.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  5. mark Augur

people forget that today you have programs like discord etc to talk to guildis etc also imagine the nightmare that mangler would be if we had corpse runs which was pointed out to me if the server crashes and you cant retrive your corpse,also imagine your about to beat a named and a rival guild decides to crash the server have fun getting your fully geared corpse back,and you could box in original eq if you had 2pcs.
  6. pikken New Member

boohoo on corpse runs, we did it 20 years ago on dialup. and GM's can do rezzes on server outtages. Corpses didn't decay for a week. I can never recall anyone complaining they didn't retrieve a corpse after a week unless they quit the game. Make friends with a necro or SK.

Also what is wrong with the DPG operations guy, he sees a product that's lasted for a decade over on p1999 with 1k to 2k subscribers and he's not trying to get them to come over as paying customers by replicating the product? I don't get it.

And since most of us now are in our late thirties, forties and fifties can we all stop crying about the cost of playing this game, I pay more in one month on my cable bill than this costs me in a year.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Good luck on that gm rez.
  8. Beep Elder

Nice troll post.
  9. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Lol everyone boxes even on p99. So tired of seeing these no box threads to try to force people to play their way for the sake of "community".

Pathetic.
  10. Machen New Member

Two kronos a month isn't enough extra to pay for this.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Its not that easy to get away with boxing on p99. It happens sure but they are public about when people get caught and they pursue it.

To say boxing is common on p99 is a stretch. I never saw it other than when I was doing it.
  12. Protagonist Tank

You never made it over level 30 in classic EQ, or you're so lobotomized with nostalgia that you've wiped all memory of it. Based on the rest of your post, I'm betting both.

End-game original EQ was a full group of 6 standing in a stationary location with about 4 spawns to themselves in either LGuk or SolB, donkeys to elbows with every other group trying to crowd around a different 4 spawn points. It was a crappy, horrible gaming experience - it was just the only show in town at the time.
    code-zero, Barraind and Skuz like this.
  13. Febb Augur

Not going to happen. Next!
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Those rose-tinted glasses don't let you remember all the downsides of the bad old days, I was there, I haven't forgotten how much some days truly sucked all the enjoyment out of the game.

QOL Changes since classic have made this game far more enjoyable to play, if you want that horrible early EQ experience there are already places offering that outside of the DPG official servers.

A lot of the changes you would like are only wanted by a tiny minority that it is not economically viable for DPG to support, not just that but many of them would require changes to the game that affect every server so you would basically be asking for the devs to spend a lot of time coding things to suit a really small population - not gonna happen.
    Barraind and code-zero like this.
  15. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

... ?

We would have lists up to 10 or 20 people deep to get into spots in XP groups back in the day. It was one of the worst parts about leveling until Luclin when we finally had enough camps for the groups that wanted XP. 'Guess ill solo some green cons until I can get a spot in one of the groups in the zone"
  16. code-zero Augur

In Luclin new problems emerged as ninja looters and ninja afkers became more common. My friends and I took up boxing seriously by the time pop opened because of those sorts
  17. Xenich Elder

Force people? There are TONS of servers that attend to multi-boxing and you are acting like somehow you are being accosted by someone wanting a sever that does not have them?

How does it harm you for there to be a server with a strict rule-set that the OP speaks of?

I never understood the whining from people about this. With an industry filled with cheat servers, box servers, PTW stores, etc... apparently having one server where such is not allowed is a massive offense to people?

I call that narcissism to the maximum degree.

PATHETIC.. Indeed.
  18. Xenich Elder

BS.

Camps for Hot areas were camped. I watched this from release and up. People would flock to the "popular" zones and get in line, then whine like little children about the wait. When players suggested going to other areas, they gave numerous excuse (The drops aren't as good, exp isn't the best, you don't have the perfect party, etc...)

A lot of the good zones for EXP were found by players who went out, explored and found good spots only to have the lazy idiots come flocking in once the word got out.

Yeah, those who whined back then about not having places to exp, did so according to their own narrow standards which forced it. They were idiots then, they are idiots now. Only difference is, game design today has been adjusted to cater to the idiots, which is why we get a bunch of easy PTW garbage for the lazy and inept. /shrug
  19. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Yeah tons, thats why the first time in several years there's actually going to be another box TLP. Are you high or something? We've dealt with this garbage for years already and it hasn't stopped anything. Pathetic indeed.
  20. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

As someone who regularly XP'd in The Hole, the only time we would EVER do that is when we had our full group on, which included a cleric and a porter, or if we knew someone who fit one of those roles looking for a group

If you're saying people didnt want to XP in one of several zones whose good camps could take an hour to get to without ports, in places where you had to be incredibly careful and have sources of invis and ivu and know exactly how to get there, and then have a necro or SK to grab if you died, and instead XP in a safer, higher trafficked area, I dont know what to say other than "yes, and?".

Having a camp where if someone has to go you can replace them in as much time as it takes to /ooc in a zone where most everything between your camp and the zone is dead is significantly easier, safer, and, if you have the camp, faster, than going somewhere else.

Are you someone without a good gate spot and the gate spell? You can either form a group for somewhere remote, or you can say "Guess I'm lfg'ing whatever zone I logged out next to with an entrance in invis range of its exit"

Lets not forget that the closest thing there was to chat channels was asking someone in guild or on your friends list if anyone in their zone was looking for members. If you were lfg and looking for a group, you were at the mercy of whoever answered your ooc/shouts or were searching for people with the lfg tag.

As for lists, my 59-60 group, which I did in 1 playthrough straight (because it was my freshman year of college and I could afford to be stupid and make 1 long break to the cafeteria a day to get a gigantic turkey and peperoni sandwich that I could eat over the course of a day), went through 76 people over the just over 47 hours of grinding, and I had to keep that list sorted by role to make sure we had as little downtime as possible pulling frogs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.