Where is our necro DoT revamp????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hadesborne, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Angahran Augur

well from what I've heard, SK dots no longer stack with older versions, the damage was increased 3x and the mana cost was increased 5x. So basically went from not that useful to really not that useful.

I have not been on Test to try these out personally.
  2. Volgare Journeyman

I think right now necros are at a pretty good point, could some things be tweaked, sure, but revamp isn't as important now, what does need to be revamped are debuffs, alliances, and procs that take up slots.
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Let's not give them any pre-2002 ideas! That sucked.

I applaud your whimsical post, because in my opinion it is more probable that the end result of a necro revamp would only benefit the casual players, at the expense (in either output, or fun) of the experienced players.
  4. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Uh, maybe because I have a total of three Dot's?
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This wasn't a suggestion but a response to a suggestion that necro dots should overwrite sk dots
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  6. Szilent Augur

ah yeah. loss of efficiency is why you personally don't cast Dissident or Dire lifetaps, right?

:rolleyes:
    Drogba, kizant, Renotaki and 2 others like this.
  7. seber Augur

why any class overwight dots ???
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Look who you're quoting, he literally might not.
  9. Triconix Augur

That's not the point. If a person suggests to have the functionality between two archtype classes, you must be consistent for all archetype classes. That's the only thing Seber was getting at. If you want to criticize something, go directly to the source of the suggestion, which was Kizant's post. Capisci?
    Solliane and Drogba like this.
  10. Shoebox New Member

This is an intriguing thought that could (should) gain some legs in my opinion.
  11. kizant Augur

I like the idea of it being consistent but not all class hierarchies are the same. Necros and Druids are both caster DPS classes that have a main focus on DoTs. While SKs and Rangers have tanking and bowing/melee as their main strengths. Both those classes are less caster and more something else. They compromise on DoTs to be better at other things.

Shaman are healers first and foremost while Beastlords are a DPS focused class. I'm not sure if DoTs are the main focus for Beastlords since they are also a pet class and do other things but at a minimum it's reasonable they share the DoT lines equally.
  12. Rolaque Ancient

Fine, go ahead, pick on the druids all you want. The changes we got to enhanced maladies were in line with what every other class who had changes made to their enhanced xxx AAs. All those changes did was compress the same amount of dot damage into a shorter time frame.

And the whining is not about the total damage, it's about the time compression causing the dps number to be higher. Heaven forbid that we help kill things faster, but don't you ever dare to upset the natural order of int casters as rightful holders of dps. After all, we uncivilized, heathen wisdom casters are meant to be only paltry healers, how dare we get spells that actually do damage and make others look merely human.
    Ninelder, Ibudin and Duder like this.
  13. Magickon Augur

So you're saying that you have a problem with a pure-dps class doing more dps than you?

What other role does a necromancer perform on a raid? They don't buff. They don't cast heals. (RB doesn't count) They don't port. They don't tank. They have one debuff, that was nerfed.
  14. Duder Augur

Any ole crazy logic or reason makes perfect sense to you to bolster wizard's performance right?
  15. kizant Augur

I don't think you understand what I've been saying if you think it has anything to do with Wizard DPS.
    Solliane likes this.
  16. Duder Augur

Probably. However, I don't like the idea of any classes dots overwriting another's. Caught up in the suggestion in your last post that shamans and beastlords should share a dot line. I just cant imagine what drew you to that logic, other than mob buff slots. And to me, making that comment from a wizards perspective seems misguided.
  17. kizant Augur

My original suggestion was only about SKs and Necros. Then I agreed that Druids and Rangers are similar and to be consistent it could maybe apply to them too. But I said that it should definitely not apply to Shaman and Beastlords because the relationship between those two classes is much different.
  18. Duder Augur

"Shaman are healers first and foremost while Beastlords are a DPS focused class. I'm not sure if DoTs are the main focus for Beastlords since they are also a pet class and do other things but at a minimum it's reasonable they share the DoT lines equally."

I read that as they should share the DoT lines/overwrite. I'm confused. I may be reading your wording wrong or blinded by what I've read it as. Elaborate please.
  19. kizant Augur

Share the DoTs equally. Meaning that neither one has an advantage over the other. Where as it's not equal between the others. Necros should have precedence and so should Druids.
    Duder likes this.
  20. Duder Augur

Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me. Carry on ;)
    kizant likes this.