Pls don't make me pay for free TLP access

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FinalTidus23, Apr 10, 2020.

1. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

Please don't count this time where the TLPs are free towards the time that I have paid for. If you've already worked that out, great. I just didn't see that clarified. Or if you've added 30 days to everyone's access, that's great too. But if we are still being charged during free access times, please reconsider adding 30 days or reimbursing since I already paid for it.
    Evercraft likes this.
  2. Arclyte Augur

it's $15
    Protagonist likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is not free paid time being added to accounts as all the normal ftp restrictions are still in place. It is just for now you don't need to have an all access membership in order to play on those servers.
    eepok likes this.
  4. Arclyte Augur

It's obviously an attempt to get people to try a TLP server, in order to get more subscriptions

Having more people playing TLP is better for everyone, including you. I could probably shake out my couch and find $15, so un-clutch your pearls and stop whining
    Protagonist likes this.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

They aren't going to reimburse your All Access purchase just because one feature of it is free for a limited time. You may not personally take advantage of the other All Access perks, but it gives you access to premium benefits in 3 completely different games, 10% off marketplace purchases in EQ, 500 marketplace cash per month, uncapped AA's, additional character slots, access to all ranks of spells, higher loyalty token cap, bazaar trader access, journeyman mercenaries, housing access, and universal chat full access. You aren't getting refunded nor should you.
    Ayoheee likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm not aware of all the benefits of all access but they are substantial. You can't really play eq seriously without it.

I think some benefits are higher mercs unlocked, trader mode, as autogrant, probably more.

Now, free accounts on a brand new server would be even worse given dpg lack of customer service because griefers wouldn't have a small but significant barrier to entry. For mature tlp I really see no downside.
  8. jiri_ Augur

For players on Mangler, there aren't many all-access benefits, really. They're probably pretty substantial on Phinny, though, and on Live servers you're basically right.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes on whatever the newest tlp would be having a paywall is a better idea than other servers. I guess it really depends on how toxic things are, but we know there is virtually no gm to monitor any semblance of civility in eq anymore.

(I actually tested it and you cannot even run trader mode without all access.)

But for the group game and leveling scene f2p should be good. So starting an alt if you were on the fence...

I know it was mentioned before but making old tlps free to play seems to make sense to drum up activity and get people back into it. This could be a good test for dpg.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah I would agree, F2P on a TLP a month or so after it has unlocked Veil of Alaris would not hurt at all, would match up with when F2P hit live 3/4 months after VoA unlocked originally.

https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-524183
  11. Karhar Dream Crusher

I logged into my silver account old main on phinny and everything is prestige minus one ring, but talking to old friends was fine.
  12. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

To me this bonus might as well not even be happening. I consider TLPs < Live.
    Fewer zones
    Fewer features
    Worse QOL
    Knockoff nostalgia that your mom says is the same as the name brand nostalgia but isn't
    500,000% more cheating

No thanks.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Okay Boomer
    Herf and Jaenisch like this.
  14. Nolrog Augur

15. Trakksem Journeyman

I think this is a push to get people interested in going to the new TLP's. This about the timing. This access is until the 8th of May. Tease the TLP, get people interested by letting them remember what its like. Then drop the new TLP's a week later. Remember the 2 new TLP's are going to be here late spring / early summer. Mid may to 3rd week of may, matches right into that time frame.
  16. Herf Augur

I think that this also may be an effort by the team to allow those of us who pay to play, particularly on TLPs, to have a chance to get friends who may bored at home to join us on Norrath, if even for a little while. Which is a nice effort.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Ambee Elder

Then again TLPs have:
    Other people
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

My sub ran up yesterday so I thought to myself, sweet timing I can save a krono this month! Logged on and all my gear is prestige so cant swap anything out (items pre-equipped appeared to still give all stats) ok, not such a big deal. Went and killed a few mobs, apparently can't earn any AAs either. Ok, krono consumed. Not worth it.
    Yinla likes this.