Thank you DW, but that Discord AMA was (is) a mess....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chikkin, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

All the questions and answers are available in text format in the Discord? The place the AMA originally took place? I could just copy/paste them into a Notepad file for you if you don't like Discord?
  2. Celephane Augur

It was done in text format, not video or audio. And yes, they said they'd post it somewhere
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't think this is a question the devs would be qualified to answer, that would be down to those at the top who manage the budgets.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Someone sent me the Discord text. I will make it available for everyone soon.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

6. FawnTemplar Augur

I liked it (minus the spelling out of stuff in emojis nonsense), thank you Dreamweaver and the rest of the team.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Ok absor.

[IMG]
  8. enclee Augur

Yea, because it's the only RP server...
  9. Chikkin Augur

Just a quick thought or drive-by comment as I re-read the replies (was half awake this morning)...

Perhaps, can make an AMA thread again, and email a dev or the whole dev team a question each work day at either first thing in the morning, or last thing at end of day (for them to answer the next day) and that won't overwhelm it. It'd be no different than a typical work email... and whatever answer(s) you get back you post here.

Like the trivia thing in Newbie Corner. Like a "Today's answer from a Dev!" where each question/answer is its own actual thread for people to comment or debate on. Just a thought, and I know you don't need any arm-chair quarterbacks. Again thank you.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

Fanra likes this.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

I am working on similar ideas, and more always help, don't feel bad for making suggestions, ever.
    Chikkin and Skuz like this.
  12. Duder Augur

And what of the darn emojis? Death to Emojis! Death to Emojis!
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Benito likes this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

A tale of in three acts:

Absor: Well, to be fair only a few people are asking for [FV TLP], they are just doing so with an admirable frequency...

Lets get a show of hands, who would play on Free Trade TLP?
    [IMG]
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's often how you achieve something that matters more.

Straight up polls are not allowed, there are good reasons for that.

Achieving an effective show of hands by way of engagement, debating the question being done by a large number of different players will achieve the desired visibility, but that will probably require a lot more coordination & effort, indirect metrics.
    Duder likes this.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If you were going to follow the wildly popular and brilliant game design to it's conclusion the answer is obvious. You offer a cosmetic item that they can wear in upcoming seasons.
  19. Nolrog Augur

I love to see the devs interacting more directly with the community. I realize this does take time and effort on your side to set up, curate the questions and answers and takes Dev time away from work and/or family (especially right now). So than you everyone for doing that.

I would love to see something a bit more regular. Every other month, once a quarter, something like that, with possibly a way to use them to support fan sites (e.g., EQ Resource hosts it next time).
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

Oooh That answer definitely came from Pip though, I am not sure Prathun is that cruel.
    MasterMagnus and Yinla like this.