Devs completely shoot down Free Trade TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Magic Augur

Their statistic never wrong, all numbers is 100% correct, here is it:
    Miragul 2.0 TLP = 7000
    FV TLP = 5

Really it's not funny anymore.

DPG are totally ignoring their customers :(

If them not sure about able to support this type of server now, as someone else says here, just open regular server with any rules, even with slow exp, but after certain expansion this server become free-trade loot (as soon as possible).
  2. mark Augur

Thousand of subs on mangler prove their model his working also they going to have a boxing server,
    maybe thats why they do not want a free trade server if both servers are successfull maybe next year they might implement a fv tlp if they can afford to have a gm or 2 in game,when sony online was running the show they were loosing money now the company his profitable or both servers should be fv if we must but thats a gamble on their part.
  3. Rhoulicas Augur

I guess we can start another change.org petition for a fv tlp server. It worked for Agnarr.
  4. Typucm Elder

if its the only way to make them rethink about FV TLP i am in!

Or make ingame poll on some sub-only server.

But anyway how ppl will know about this petition or poll if many of them not read this forum? If its official poll/petition and DPG put it on news or mailing to customers it will be more popular.
  5. code-zero Augur

Miragul failed because it was true box. Outside of the rabid TLP fans true box is deeply despised by the majority of players as for the vast majority of EQ history you could alt-tab to box. A great many TLP players regularly ask that true box be removed after some expansion or the other that suits them

For the most part truebox is a real blight on the game and is only relevant in the earliest eras
  6. Angered Augur

RAGE FILLED WITH RAGE AND DISAPPOINTMENT IS THIS SOME BIG SAD JOKE? WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR AOC FV TLP FAST EXP SELL THE RAID GEAR THAT WE WORK SO DAMN HARD FOR! WERE GONNA BE LOCKED HERE FOR EVER! GOOD WILL CALL IT HOME CALL THE SERVER HOME
  7. Kaizo EverQuester

Well, I guess this means I get to continue playing WoW Classic instead. RIP hopes and dreams of a glorious return to EQ.
  8. Aegir Augur

The best answer to this were Niente's.

There is no way I would touch a Free Trade high pop server with the current state - and level of CS given to this game.

I'm guessing a lot of these people complaining here, are ones that sees an oppurtunity to exploit this.
  9. Krim New Member

I just dont see why a "premium TLP" isnt offered make it be sub only and charge 39.99/ month hire a CS team with the extra money and problem solved? 20 years ago "legends" server did this exact thing more GM events, better CS and it cost more money per month.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  10. Rhek New Member

Nah I'm thinking I would probably true-box 2x int casters, raid with one and pass my old gear off to the box.

I see FV rules as being a 'Twink your alt for free' Server and I like the sound of that
  11. code-zero Augur

In the FoH AMA the devs stated pretty emphatically that Stormhammer had a disproportionate number of CS problems and was full of entitled people who made CS miserable. Didn't sound much like they liked the idea.

Maybe a good question for the next AMA
  12. Krim New Member

I understand not enjoying dealing with entitled customers, but find someone who can do the job! Money talks charge more and pay more there is a sweet spot for it that turns into a win for everyone. I know I personally would pay $80+ (which is less than 2 new xbox/ps games) a month for a server that goes after botters / hackers. There are plenty of us with enough money that the price we are paying for this is laughable for what we get out of it. Thats why so many people pay for RMT its cheap! Raise your prices you wont know til you try! Cant be any worse of a dart throw than Miraguel or Quarm.
  13. Bullsnooze Augur

That was along the lines of one of my questions for the AMA... Unfortunately, it wasn't answered. However, because they didn't answer doesn't mean they're not doing it or it isn't potentially on the table. It just means the information revolving around anything progression related is secret. Unlike a Free-Trade progression server, a krono-free premium server might be worth their wild. :)

" And for those of you faithfully using the emojis to spell out TLP I see you. " - Dreamweaver

Well, you can finally stop waiting. It ain't coming.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

These people must live in an alternate reality or something. Only a few people??? FV ruleset invites fraud??? They lack CS support, but are creating a non-truebox TLP???
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I've been playing on TLP since RF was in classic. The only person i know that ever transferred of a TLP to a live server "accidentally" xfered to Zek during the plat dupe. People don't really xfer off TLPs.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Explain to me how FV ruleset "creates" more fraud. I'm waiting
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

People are more likely to accidentally open trade and give items away because items are not flagged No Trade.
  18. code-zero Augur

Years ago while FV was still restricted to a single character on the server I had a character I played there. A member of a particular guild tried to recruit me as my main on another server was a class that they needed. There was no way that I was going to transfer but I was told that was no problem as they had guild characters of that class that had been powerleveled and outfitted with really good stuff.

A common ploy once was the jack someones character, transfer to FV where it would be stripped of gear which was sold and the character was then deleted. FV has a lot of good people but free trade really is a curse
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No
  20. Sikkun Augur

They have said the same stuff about FV and PVP for years. The same people make multiple accounts to start the same threads over and over again for years. I admire your effort, but this really isn’t shocking to anyone.