110 paladin augment help

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Faelim, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Faelim Lorekeeper

Hey all, I'm a returning paladin who just got to level 110. I'm currently upgrading my gear and now working on augments. I'm on FV, what type of augments should I be looking for. AC? HP? Heroic stats? Not sure what to prioritize these days. Sitting at 191k HP and 5832 AC unbuffed with a shield.

Thanks for the help.
  2. Heajol Augur

My paladin is at a similar level to yours .. similar HP / AC although I'm not 110 yet (106 now).

AC is still king and I've been focusing HAGI although more experienced paladins may have better ideas .. I'm all ears. I read a guide that said to get HAGI to 1000 minimum, which I have followed. This guide is written for warriors but I think it applies to all tanks: https://pb.gamerlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11333172

Your AC augs at this level should all be minimum 35 AC (except maybe charm as that is a more difficult one to find - suggestions for charm augs would help me out a lot too). My highest is 67 AC. I have three augs that are 50+ AC including two at 60+.

Also are you in snowbound gear? That's TOV Tier 1. I just started levelling to 110 (was working on a few AAs for a while) with the goal of getting into snowbound. Not sure if at your HP / AC that you're in snowbound gear? This is droppable and so should be available in the bazaar.
  3. Szilent Augur

4. p2aa Augur

Are you going to raid ? Or doing group content mostly ?
    If raid, Hsta > Hagi > Hdex
    If group, Hdex > Hsta > Hagi
    If in the doubt, Hagi > Hsta > Hdex

The idea of balancing Heroic stats described in the guide listed, like HDex and Hagi, is wrong.
    Choose one side, and go fully in it, don't balance Hdex and Hagi. This is especially true for type 5 augments.

For type 7, if you chose Hagi side as primary stat for example, as all recent Hagi augs have also Hdex, you will progress in this stat. Type 7 augs are indeed now either combos of Hdex / Hagi, Hdex / Hsta or Hstr / Hsta.
    If you chose Hdex, your priority is Hdex / Hsta combos, followed by Hdex / Hagi ones.
    There used to be some Hagi / Hsta combos a few years ago, but they have been discontinued.
  5. Heajol Augur

Okay .. that was what I found when I was looking up basically this same question. So the idea of a soft cap at 1000 is misleading? I'm following the "if in doubt" category. Too bad the Hagi/Hsta augs were discontinued. :(
  6. p2aa Augur

Yeah, there is no soft cap for Heroic stats, at least regarding the defensive effect of Heroics (parry, dodge, etc).
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

On the stat page of your inventory, you hover the cursor over the stats and will give you a description. Also look at stuff like accuracies, shielding etc. It will say something like 1568 for next lvl of xx increase.

I raid and went full hDex. I tank just fine and do great dos when needed.

As for augs, start with high AC stuff, with anniversary stuff out now, try to get both black pearls and the hates fury silver etched coin. With HH seb around the corner there will be a couple decent ones from that. Add in the hand full of player made from ToV. TBL and RoS and that should almost fill you out before you need to camp some or Buy being on FV. Any aug is better than no aug!
  8. Faelim Lorekeeper

Thanks so much for the info guys. Yes I'm in snowbound gear tier 1. Also I'll be doing mostly group content. I'm an icu nurse so dont have a lot of time. I appreciate it everyone.