Fixed Internally Overseer: Missing quests

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by forum troll, Mar 27, 2020.

1. forum troll Elder

Hello this has happened a few times now to me

I select 5 missions all with 12 hour duration, I then log back in to see 3-4 missions completed and one or two just vanished no longer listed at all infact the active quests even says 3/5 instead of 5/5
  2. Duder Augur

They seem to appear later. Sometimes I will login after all the 5 listed quests are done but as I go through them claiming the rewards I notice that I have a 6th one appear.
  3. forum troll Elder

Yep forgot to mention I have had that happen aswell, although only had 6 appear twice and have lost around 10 easily now
    Roartyger Smoot, Nniki and Duder like this.
  4. forum troll Elder

forgot to add this information
    Server is Firiona Vie
    Character name is Dyrkith
  5. Nniki Augur

I have seen both cases as well.

A few times now, I've came back to see 4/5 active quests when 5 had been started.

Today, I had one instance/account of EverQuest running all day, started 5 quests midday, and had 6/5 active by the evening. The 6th quest was in a completed state while the others were still in progress.

Tonight is the first time I've seen the 6/5 case even though I've also lost quests multiple times now (i.e. dropping down to 4/5 active).
    Mukkul likes this.
  6. Tlail Elder

Yes, this is very annoying and frustrating. :confused:

Yesterday i started 5 quest when i began exping in Great Divide. I was there for more than 3h and checked several times, always 5/5. Unfortunately i did not check, after i zoned to lobby and in the morning i was down to 2/5. I did the same thing with a second account (on the same PC) at the same time ... on that account i still had 5/5 in the morning

Something is wrong with the way the quests are saved which is causing quests to disappear (probably because they are not saved yet) or additional quests to appear (probably, because the server where the quests are stored still thinks, that the quests are active).

There is already another threat about this :Overseer quests - don't always show up on other chars

I hope this gets fixed soon

Tilail
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Kinadorm Augur

I have seen this across multiple accounts now. I have the max quests assigned and then when I log back in it is showing 4/5 instead of 5/5. I have also seen where an extra quest shows as complete such as 6/5. I haven't tracked it to confirm but I seem to have one vanish much more frequently than an extra one appears.
  8. Vexana_Lanys Lorekeeper

5/5 When leaving for the day. Get back, 4/5. This has happened multiple times.
  9. Glynrol New Member

I have had missions/quests disappear as well. I also noticed it happened this last time when they reset and made new available, perhaps those that cycled out are impacted even if they are active?
  10. Glynrol New Member

It happened to me again today and the quest disappeared WHILE I WAS LOGGED ON. Quest had already been selected. and then quests rotated and the quest I had running disappeared. I was able to get another in its stead, but if you are not logged on it appears you just "lose" them. I did get an alert stating that the quest was no longer available just after the rotation message.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not really seen a pattern on which missions and why, but does happen frequently.
  13. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Happening on my all access accounts and silver accounts. Sometimes I am sending agents out on missions and I don't see that best agent for the mission anymore.
  14. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

15. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

16. forum troll Elder

logged in tonight all 5 of the quests I selected this morning are gone
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

I got tired of coming back to find quests missing and not always having 6 later.

I started just doing the 5, camping out, and logging back in to make sure they were still there. If there is only 4 I redo the one that reset.
    forum troll likes this.
  18. forum troll Elder

Good Idea I will try that aswell
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just zone it has the same effect.
  20. Thunderkiks Augur

Camping is faster for me.

Also someone said on a different post that they weren't able to restart the same task when they zoned. I have no idea if that's true or not but camping I'm able to restart the one that reset.