Brewall Maps

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Oz1956, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Oz1956 New Member

Is it just me or is there no Blightfire Moors map in this collection of maps? The new maps seem to work fine, except in Blightfire Moors. When I open my map there is nothing there. Very aggravating. Just wondering if I've done something wrong. Thanks for any help.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

Did you create a new subfolder when you installed your maps? The patcher overwrites maps. If you did not create a Brewall Subfolder inside of the map folder, then the patcher might be randomly "repairing" your map files.
  3. runecrow Elder

Brewall's contains a Blightfire map. As mentioned above you will need to create a subfolder in your maps folder. Then when you bring up the map in the game, in the top left corner you see a drop-down box with "default" as the default choice of maps. Click that to open the drop-down and you'll see the names of your subfolders in their from which to choose which collection of maps to use.

I was going to add that Good's maps are also valuable as they have a lot of locations on them not marked on Brewall's, so having both collections gives a lot more information between the two of them. At least, this is how my maps interact.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and CatsPaws like this.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Does Brewall still steal Good's maps and pass them off as his own?
    forum troll likes this.
  5. Oz1956 New Member

I did, but the map for Brightfire moors is just a bland page, but thank you for asking and answering.
  6. Oz1956 New Member

I've done all that you suggested, before making my post, but I will check out Good's maps and see if I have better success. Thank you for the info.
  7. forum troll Elder

Bbbbbuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnn
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I believe the actual zone geometry is mostly ripped from Good's work. Brewall did add a bunch of labels and such though. Both packs are useful and both put in a lot of work.
  9. Visitor Augur

Something i have noticed before and may still occur is if i have a character logged into a zone and load new maps, that the one zone does not save, possibly is held by game as active. Best to be logged at least to char select to install new maps, at least, in my opinion.
  10. Oz1956 New Member

I have one more question, if anyone is still viewing. Does the maps install matter, if I don't have the game installed on my c/ drive? The whole installation of the game is on my z/ drive, so nothing of EQ in in the Programs 86 file. Will this make a difference on how the maps work, because even with Good's maps I still have no map for Brightfire Moors.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

As far as I know they should work fine as long as you have each map pack in subfolders under Everquest > Maps.
  12. Herf Augur

...and select the name of the sub folder in your in game map UP. IIRC it's a drop down menu in the upper left corner.