Discord AMA Question Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by dreamweaver, Mar 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullsnooze Augur

No worries and thanks again for all you guys do. I'm excited for the AMA!

I'll try an think of more questions too. :)

Good lord, be grateful Dreamweaver took the time to answer my question! It at least gives the community a small idea of where they are at and perhaps opens the door to more questions for the AMA. Please stop trying to grasp for more and accept that they may ultimately need more time for the grand unveiling.
  2. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

I asked Dreamweaver, not you. Thanks.
    Barraind likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Can the druid/shaman rez AA be changed to allow for in combat rez as there are options for any class to be able to rez in combat currently with a rez token. As well as paladin and necros both have the option for a 96% rez in combat as well.
  4. Jaenisch Elder

not really a question....
  5. Bullsnooze Augur

And Dreamweaver originally replied to me, not you. Thanks.
  6. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

I asked if they could tell what they are trying to do, not for an official rules announcement. Consider your age for a second, then reread your comments, then take a minute to reflect on that.
  7. Chikkin Augur

I didn't want to add to it by commenting, but this isn't the place for replies or conversation. Only for questions. Leave it alone. Move on.
    AtabishiWoW likes this.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

The team has been rock stars over 20 years of delivering "content". Has anyone considered that the problem may no longer be content but teaching new players how to consume it easier?
  9. martanio New Member

What plans are being made to help new players to learn how to play the game, especially on live servers? Heroic characters are helpful to get players to 85, but even at 85 all classes require a fair amount of knowledge about the game or the will instantly die to non-trivial monsters.
  10. Bullsnooze Augur

In conjunction with your original question, your tone is exactly why they won't provide an answer to you. You should probably take your own advice and reflect on that until Wednesday - if you're nice they may just provide you with an answer. (I doubt it though.)

(Apologies Dreamweaver trying to talk sense to some people on this forum can be difficult (downright stressful at times). Also, I know this is an AMA thread, so this post will be my last argument reply.)
  11. Derresh Augur

In ToV beta there was a list of AA changes, many of them did not make it into release (Battle Leap and Vehement Rage changes to be specific). Are these changes and other AA changes that did not make it into release still in the works or were they cut?
  12. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Can we change the HS mechanics to act more like Decap? Certain classes have feralize which blocks headshot, but anything with a head should work if its the right level difference.
  13. drizerker Lorekeeper

Loved towards the end of beta that zerks didn't consume axes but needed to have a stack in bag. Would be great to have that on live.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sure, if you accept the lower damage table. That's the trade-off. But know that doing so is going to affect your class's ability to solo/molo as well as it does when being selective in what it kills while solo/molo.

Retaining your current damage table while removing the limitations would be giving your class a massive damage boost.

I think you should consider a better option as some way to allow HS to apply to qualifying targets whilst affected by the Feralize line of spells, problematic since that spell alters body type.
    Duder likes this.
  15. Ravenclaws New Member

1. What was the reasoning behind removing exp from doing mercenary quests? Things like the Dervs in Great Divide are extremely rare and the 1st and 3rd merc tasks in Kael have a low spawn rate on the NPCs required for those quests as well. Many of these NPCs don't spawn where named are so players have to go to places specifially to get these tasks done just to get a tick in a box.

2. Why were HA NPCs over level 106 changed to have more HP and more spell damage in GMM, CotF, TBM, TDS and EoK? I thought it was decided over a year ago not to change to make HAs anymore difficult than they were at release. Quote below from patch notes I'm refering to.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-december-18-2019.261510/

Players are still trying to do these at level 100 - 105 the levels which were max when they were released, and are just being stomped by yellow and red NPCs. The worsed being the named, which are still giving the same loot as perviously, which does not help with completing some of the harder HAs.

3. Can we have an increase on the drop rate for Diamondized Precious Velium Ore please? Or at least have an instance drop at least 1 guarenteed? We cleared GD, ToFS and EW trash yesterday and the only drops we got was 2 luck augs and some tradeskill stuff, zero ore to make the augments, the NPCs didn't even drop PP.
  16. Mudie New Member

Can we get another source for the Bone Earring of Evasion? Or put an Agent of Change in Umbral Planes, many are trying to get this item from Vex Thule so they do not have to rely on potions.

As far as I am aware this is the only clicky for some classes with Invis to Undead on it.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Any plan to enable AoC for all servers?

This would be a nice quality of life change for live servers & older Pre-Phinigel Progression servers.
  18. Question New Member

Can you please increase the debuff slots on raid mobs. 54 people in a raid, but there's an argument over who should / can use debuff slots because there's no where to put the DoT/Debuff.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. dreamweaver Community Manager

I am going to be closing this thread at 5 PM PDT in preparation for Wednesday! Get your final questions in!
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thought of a quick question I missed.

Merger of Brekt and FV, how will the common language be treated? FV doesn't have it but Brekt does.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.