The bots are bad and only going to get worse

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ruination, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Fraggly Augur

Sadly i scratch backs only to get the old "takes too long lol", "i don't get anything for 3 hours? haha", or other various lines when forming a few groups takes "too long" and the people who are willing to help aren't quite enough to get the job done.

I guess my friend selection in games is poor.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

A good deal of the automatic traders have floor pricing.

A good method for locating is a trader that prices super low but is automatically taken offline the instant a player tries to browse their wares.

It's a fun game of cat and mouse.
  3. Maneuvre Augur

Smh. At least this part is still relevant to the conversation:

I'll share a story with you. I remember when I started on Agnarr as a Dark Elf Rogue and someone /ooc Can anyone help my mom get from GFay to Neriak? My adventurous self decided to take that contract. She was super noob but I smuggled that Wood Elf behind enemy lines into Neriak. I received a thank you and then the requestor enlightened me into his world. Dude convinced his wife to let him work from home, and his job? Full-time Krono farmer. Somehow he made enough to make a living. I didn't know then what I know now. But either way, [I believe] these are the same people asking for FV. Same people telling you to ignore boxers. Same people throwing stones at other discussions. Same people buying you out to resell at a higher price. Same people cornering the market etc. etc.
    Kittany likes this.
  4. Tsuaruanni Elder

Wonder if there is a certain expac where this will die off.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I think if you look at the veteran's forum you'll see that bots and programs are an issue no matter if it's live or a TLP on (x) expansion.

The problem isn't boxing.
    The problem is the company at the helm doing nothing as folks build programs to actively circumvent the integrity of the game.

The company couldn't even take the time to remove a website using their trademark to sell 3rd party program access. :rolleyes:
    Genoane, Overcast451 and Bullsnooze like this.
  6. Bullsnooze Augur

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! :)

However, I don't think the company is sitting back doing nothing. They're silently watching, gathering data, and motioning on the best route forward. They are not going to waste time putting second rate measures in place that will be beaten within a week or two. In this day n' age you need Anti-Cheat applications to run server/client side and that's probably the route they'll take.
  7. mark Augur

guys keep on getting boxing and botting confused,the majority of boxers dont rmt the botters are a different story.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  8. birisu Elder

You're better off hoping that they make an entirely new game. Because that's as likely as them dealing with these programs that, at this point, have been around for almost the entire lifespan of EQ
  9. Xarek New Member

The auto pricing bots are really annoying. It would be nice if they could either limit the amount of times you can adjust a price in a given period of time or require something like a captcha to be entered before you can adjust a price.
  10. Laronk Augur

This doesn't sound real since people could just buy the low stuff and have it parcelled to themselves without visiting the trader? Or can you not do that on TLP?
  11. Machen New Member

Three years of Truebox suggests otherwise.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

that feature unlocks with Rain of Fear/level 100.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Whichever exp is ROF.
    Otherwise no....
  14. xxar Augur

The core issue is Krono and how there handled.

The company can instantly solve the issues and remove the incentive but will not ... easy solution , change how Krono are sold .

Player A buys a tradable Krono , Player B buys said Krono and on receiving it , it turns into a consume only Krono. That eliminates the entire buy and sell aspect of the entire market.

There is no change for those that legit bought Krono , and does not change a thing for those that have 100's except the resell aspect and the ability to manipulate the market for real profit.

If you buy Krono to maintain a free account you are still able to do so , if you buy Krono from DB nothing changes from your perspective and you can still sell them for plat. The only thing it does is remove a third party market and the reselling aspect.
  15. C3lowz Augur

This doesn't really affect your average player. The only people really affected by this are those trying to do the same thing these bots are doing, selling ingame items/plat for real dollars.
  16. Laronk Augur

Oh that's dumb
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Who want's to accept payment on a high value items for your new krono?
    Every trader will just move to WTS (x) plat only.

Your new krono will be less valuable thus tanking sales for the company as people realize less people are accepting them.

The real issue always has been the company allows certain behaviors that abuse the krono system in general (bots, cheats, dupes, etc..)

You are better off having them enforce the above and every account now needs a name, email, address and a CC on file.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Sad to say but a bit part of this problem people are upset about is the constant churn of new servers. New server offer RMT folks a massive market to make RL money off of. A whole server who needs EVERYTHING with a player base that likely has more disposable income then the average gamer. DPG keeps trying things like true box but as long as new servers offer big cash returns to botters there will always be a problem.

I don't think the bot issue is as bad on live servers though I hear of big problems on AB. The reason live servers aren't as bad as there isnt as large of a market for making RL cash. Which doesn't help if you are looking for a TLP style experience sadly.

In the end if you like playing on new servers I suspect you will have to live with it unless you can convince DPG that it is costing them money.
    jiri_ likes this.
  19. Sikkun Augur

For the number of people I have seen legitimately setup for 6 machines/keyboards/monitors etc. you start to wonder....WTF is the point of an online MMO that is so solo unfriendly players run 6 accounts but people also hate grouping so much they run 6 accounts.
  20. Hinastorm86 Augur

It's really not that complicated. No one likes sitting LFG, spamming LFG in chat channels for a long time, not getting a group. It's happened to all of us.

But we still love the game and it's systems. Boxing allows someone to play the game, and not have to sit around LFG.
    code-zero likes this.