no claims at all on new accounts?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nicklaus, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Nicklaus New Member

i made a new account and activated to get a heric char, i noticed i have no claims like gift of legacys lost or any of the other ones that used to be included in a a new account?
  2. svann Augur

Dont you need to buy the expac to get claims?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

You either need to buy expansions or be an active account or do other specified things (LoN when it was active, participate sufficiently in a beta period, etc.) to have items appear in /claim. For your stated example of gift of legacies lost . . . that was granted to active accounts quite a few years ago, it isn't given to brand spankin' new accounts.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Nope, nothing on new accounts. But when you made the account you got 24 (?) expansions free. And when you subscribed you got the Heroic character.

Now since you have subscribed you will get a 10% discount on marketplace items or expansions. If you buy the cheapest version of the newest expansion $34.99 - 10% you wont have any claims either but if you bump up to the collectors edition for $89.99 - 10% then you will have some claim items.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. birisu Elder

All my f2p accounts have gifts of legacies lost (and some other stuff) and they were made long after SoD so if they are not giving new accounts credit for that it's been changed within the last few years.
  6. Prathun Developer

A year (or so?) ago there were claims that every new account received upon creation, but we determined that this was in error.
    Gift of Legacies Lost, for example, was a Seeds of Destruction promo.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Yinla and Skuz like this.
  7. Nicklaus New Member

ok i have made a different account a month ago and he has all the old claims , checked another and he has like familiar of emerald jungle but no others , so im guessing it was within last 2 months you guys removed these claims? because this account is a month or 2 old and has them , but i seen he was missing the mounts, i figured you guys did that to be able to sell more on the tlps
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I would reconsider for things like Gift of Legacies Lost. Its a nice little boost for new players.
    Daedly likes this.
  9. Daedly Augur

Should be a promo expansion pack with every new expac, make it cost a little more and have it reward such older promotions. Or even an marketplace promo unlock it some kind. Maybe restrict it to not include the lastest 4 expac from time of purchase?
  10. Derresh Augur

First they giveth, then they taketh away
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

You may have determined that it was an "error", but did it really matter?.

It's like you folks don't even want new players. And the ones you manage to get, everything you do says to them "Go Away." The game is alreay new player hostile as it is, with such a steep learning curve. Giving new players a couple of pieces of defiant gear really isn't that game breaking, is it?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Elyssanda like this.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

3 pieces of gear and a weapon.. Oh the horror they can wreck.. in Paludal Caverns
    Metanis and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

At least you got 14 years worth of Vet rewards at level 1 and as soon as you logged in. Can't have it all
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The Sebilisian weapons in /claim on a new account can be a real asset for receiving the future $12 purchase of Hero's Forge Armor. :)
  15. Mr Blue Sky Elder

I suppose they just want to sell more exp potions and stuff.

The rewarding of vet rewards is very nice thank you, however DBG could of made money by selling them on the market place...i'm surprised they didn't.

One idea you could do ?, is add a basic mount as a reward to the completion of the tutorial.
    Not the raid speed ones, stat buffed...but something new players will find useful and can then upgrade via buying a better one from DBG cash. Just an idea.
  16. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

You....

what?
    Bobbybick likes this.
  17. Bobokin Augur

Those are your priorities?

With a game in such a precarious position, your time is used to take more things away from potential accounts?

I don't get it. Why did it matter?
  18. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

There should be a sort of welcome to everquest /claim the gift of legacies lost definetly comes to mind. Yes it was a SoD promo but it's a great new toon starter pack. Maybe not give 999 of them. Maybe 5? That would be a good number to try a few different classes.
    Daedly and Bobokin like this.
  19. Bobokin Augur

5 or 999, what's the difference when they are one per character?

My problem with this is not the number; it is the mentality of the development staff that believed this is such an issue that they took the time to change it. It is that kind of thinking that has ruined much of Everquest over the years. Even recently, the changes to riposte after 20 years, the changes to GMM, and the obsessive scaling of old zones has been detrimental to the game.

The development team still has a mentality not in making the game more accessible and fun for players and being amenable to suggestions from the whole community, but to be rather combative to all but a small population of uber gamers - many of which are allowed to skirt rules, use outside programs, and not play nice inside the game itself.

In the development meeting regarding this issue, someone needed to say, "Hey, what does it hurt?" They needed to follow the general premise of "first do no harm" and moved on. Instead, they decided to be heavy handed and eliminate something that was basically a welcome present for new or returning players that has very little affect on game play.

This is a game; it is supposed to be fun. It is not our job to make it so, but it is theirs.
    Elyssanda and MasterMagnus like this.