Botting / warping groups making it difficult to complete Hunter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ashigaru, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Voxynn Elder

From what my reading comprehension tells me Whulfgar does not support the botters. He matter of factly states just catch them in the act and that will take care of them.

Perhaps you could show everyone where they support the botters ?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Baradorn Lorekeeper

While botting is forbidden, if the botter was just on his own camping some camp and doing nothing else, this would not be as bad situation as described. Even if this would still be a problem if he would farm 24/24 the same named so other people cannot get their named for hunter.
    The biggest problem is that he's stealing named that other people popped, and by his answers on this thread you can see that he's liking it (or at best doesn't care), so it's clearly voluntary behavior to annoy other players. It's unplayable atm in these zones, unless you can come with a handful of people to out DPS him on the named you popped.
    This is the biggest problem AB is facing atm. I'm sure there are botters on other servers, but they don't disrupt other players gameplay.
    Igniz, Duder, cadres and 2 others like this.
  3. Reynen Journeyman

Well it actually IS trolling when you keep suggesting this over and over without listening to people saying they have done that several times already and nothing happened. He sounds a lot like Battleblade lol
    Act of Valor likes this.
  4. Voxynn Elder

Saying they have. And actually doing it are not the same. And if they truly have caught the individual warping on video an Dev's don't do a thing about it.

That is something that we the playing population of Everquest need to know about.

Not some saying they did something when clearly they have not. Lets be 100% clear here. I for all my years playing have never seen devs allow warping. I could literally name at least 20 players who I know of that have been banned due to warping.

So it is not something devs take lightly I would suspect. And I've yet to see anyone post the responces from devs they claimed to have reached out to (with video showing the warping mind you) and the devs not take action, and or refuse to via their responces.

Perhaps I missed a couple posts tho ?
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

GM presence on the ground is likely much less then it was years ago and I suspect they have to be there seeing it happen to actually ban on warping. Fewer GMs monitoring warping, fewer bans for it. Just a guess.
    Reynen likes this.
  6. Buri Augur

I got a similar response when I called the police once about someone driving like a maniac and using the bicycle lane to pass people.
  7. Voxynn Elder

So you do not think a video of them warping is not sufficient ?
  8. Zamiam Augur

getting popcorn .. this is a good thread :p
  9. Ashigaru Augur

OK, going to see if I can capture him warping on video - although looking at him playing the last couple of days he's lying low - just kill-stealing rather than warping.

For those who's google-fu and forum-jitsu is stronger than mine - anyone know where the original video is? I had a search and it didn't come up
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It shows them appearing I assume but not how. I would definitely try it but based on how hard it seems to get them banned I think the GMs must have to see it.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Lemme guess every single person in this thread who agree's with me ..

Is me too right ?

LMAO
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The point is that the video gives the GMs a reason to look into the person alleged to be warping. So that they will in fact be there and see it themselves the next time it happens. That is the reason to get the video. The video itself does not directly lead to any ban or suspension, but it does lead to a deeper investigation which can then lead to a ban or suspension.
  13. Igniz Augur

A couple dozen players reporting the same Character should give a GM reason to look into it also. I don't know how information is stored serverside but there should be a possibility to check for large /loc changes too big to be achieved by running, also. If a certain player is happily hitting a cold skeleton at 12:01:55 he can't be happily hitting Zburator at 12:02:01 ...
  14. enclee Augur

Yeah, he's posting on a second account just look at the post history between the two.
    Celephane likes this.
  15. Triconix Augur

Oh look my video example was removed by mods because... no reasons? Exactly what has been explained here. Yet we have some...people... refusing to believe it happens. Now that we have concrete evidence that you CANNOT post videos showing the proof, let's get back to the heart of the issue: the complete inaction of properly removing the game of cheaters. Or we can keep being ignorant and dismissing others' experiences because they aren't posting "evidence"
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Yes yall caught me.. Every single person that agree's with me or likes my posts in this thread...

Are all me.. every single .. one..
    Tatanka likes this.
  17. Celephane Augur

No one said that, just the one guy that said this silly line
    enclee likes this.
  18. enclee Augur

It's pretty obvious that he's trolling using 2 accounts. He has a distinct style to his posts. For example, he always uses a space between the last word and a question mark. There's also more to it, but it's pretty easily recognized.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

no no no .. You right Celephane..

I'm every.. single.. person.. who .. agrees .. with .. me .. period..

I have that many accounts son.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

I actually have 12 accounts. =)

But I only post on this one.