EverQuest Trivia #668

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Fredescu, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Fredescu Augur

Rules:

- The Game Master (the one who won the last game) selects a person (NPC), place, or thing in-game related.

- Players then ask yes or no questions, to try to uncover the secret person/place/thing; however the Game Master does have the right to go beyond a simple yes or no answer if necessary. (For example, "I'm not sure" or "Probably" or "Yes, but be careful because that's misleading." )

- Players may ask only one question per post, and must not try to be sneaky by squeezing in two or more questions at once.

- A player may ask a new question as soon as his or her last question has been answered.

- The Game Master MUST answer all questions to the best of their ability, no matter how stupid (doodoo, ducks, etc), provided the question conforms to the rules above.

- The Game Master should post recaps of answers from time to time- once a page is a good idea.

- Once a person guesses the correct answer, he or she gets to host the next game, or can designate someone else to host it. Make a separate thread, and we will let this one die. That way we can better keep track of when one game begins and another ends. Keep numbering the games as we go along.

- If a player wins and does not start up another game within 24 hours of winning, the last person to guess before him or her gets to host the next game.

- If the game master does not respond within 24 hours to any posts then anyone may feel free to start the next round.

A list of all previous games, maintained at: http://the-ngp.morituus.net/eqtrivia.html

Answers to recent games:

653 Xam
    654 Dartboard by Darts O'Gavin in Doogle's Drinks, Thurgadin
    655 Heart Shaped Box
    656 Stolen Goods
    657 Beards worn by Dwarven females
    658 the crossroads in Butcherblock
    659 a black mamba
    660 Amorphous Cloud of Air
    661 quest: Big Gnomes, Big Problem
    662 Tsikut
    663 Ring of the Shissar
    664 Fresh Meat
    665 Clockwork gnome shaft
    666 Iron Maiden
    667 Sunrise Hills
  2. Verily Tjark Augur

Can you eat it?
    Fredescu likes this.
  3. Fredescu Augur

No.
  4. Mary Poppins Augur

Could you TRY to eat it?
    Fredescu likes this.
  5. Fredescu Augur

Given that the act of eating in Everquest is right clicking on something, I would say yes, you could right click on it to attempt to eat it.
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

Uh, I didn’t mean from a game playing perspective. I was thinking more lasciviously, as in could a character in the game try to eat it. But I digress.

Is it brown?
    Fredescu likes this.
  7. Fredescu Augur

I think you get the same information from either perspective. Happy to accept arguments to the contrary though.

No.
  8. Duder Augur

If a train leaves New York City traveling west in a straight line at 50mph, and a train leaves Chicago traveling east in a straight line at 30mph, will the miles traveled by the Chicago train once the NYC train has reached Chicago, divided by 100, be greater than the weight of the item?
    Mary Poppins and Fredescu like this.
  9. Fredescu Augur

Assuming you mean weight in pounds, no.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Duder Augur

What was that number? =P
    Fredescu likes this.
  11. Fredescu Augur

Can you rephrase that into a yes/no question?
    Duder likes this.
  12. Duder Augur

Hey, I thought it was us who ask the questions here?! ^_~
    Fredescu likes this.
  13. Fredescu Augur

Yes.
    Mary Poppins and Duder like this.
  14. Mary Poppins Augur

Did you actually do the calculation required to properly answer Duder’s train question?
    Fredescu likes this.
  15. Fredescu Augur

I'm confident that my answer to his question is correct, yes.

I did assume that "straight line" means "as the crow flies" and I don't require advanced knowledge of the rail network.
    Duder likes this.
  16. Mary Poppins Augur

Admittedly, that is a fair ASSumption - I interpreted it that way as well.

My concern, which I ASSume is also shared by Mr. Duder, is whether or not your calculations were mathematically accurate. As a former officially unofficial EverQuest Trivia commissioner, I hereby request public confirmation of the number your calculations produced.

I understand most current EQ trivia players are likely unfamiliar with this process, as it is not contained in the standard rule set listed at the start of each trivia game. It is definitely not common practice, and to the best of my knowledge it has only been invoked on two previous occasions. I do assure you, however, that it is a legitimate, accepted, and unbiased inquiry that is openly available to all EQ Trivia players.

To clarify, previously established guidelines dictate that this confirmation inquiry does not count as an actual “question” or “guess” for the trivia game. It is simply a means to ensure that the accuracy, and therefore integrity, of the game is maintained. As such, it also is not limited to the “yes or no” restrictions that actual trivia questions must adhere to.

Please confirm the number you calculated at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

With that being said, I still need to provide you with my official question pertaining to the answer to this trivia game...

Does it resemble a phallus?
    Duder and Fredescu like this.
  17. Fredescu Augur

You are correct that I am not familiar with this process. Thank you for enlightening me. I bow to your superior experience and fully commit to supplying the requested numbers with utmost haste at the games conclusion.

No.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  18. Mary Poppins Augur

That is acceptable, provided the number you submit is accurate - or at the very least did not have an impact on the outcome of the game. If an incorrect calculation put the legitimacy of the results in jeopardy, you could be subject to disciplinary actions at the discretion of the current officially unofficial EverQuest Trivia commissioner.

Is the answer even an item? Duder and I were going off the ASSumption that it was based off your "right click" response. Normally I wouldn't seek clarification because then that would tip off other trivia players, but some of your subsequent answers make me question if our initial interpretation was accurate. So at this point I think the benefit of getting clarification for everyone outweighs the risk inherited if my previous ASSumption turned out to be incorrect.
    Fredescu likes this.
  19. Fredescu Augur

No. And I already play halflings, so this event only affects one of us.
    Duder likes this.
  20. Grove Augur

All this erudition leaves me befuddled. So, just a basic question.
    Is the answer the to puzzle an item?
    Duder and Fredescu like this.