Original '99 yr player missing old characters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Udaydar, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Udaydar New Member

So, I started back in June of '99 on Cazic Thule server and I transferred my character, was in high school and would play on brothers account, and think it was 2003 or 2004 when I got stationed in NC I got my character Udaydar Darkfriend Dark Elf Shadowknight transferred to my own account, but when I accessed and try to play my old account, all of my characters are gone, so was seeing posts about veteran rewards and i know they are account bound, but could I get some help on getting old characters back, at the very least, my beloved Udaydar.

thanks
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 All accounts get All veterans rewards now so it doesn't have to be an old account, even one made right now at level 1 gets all 14 of them.

So it sounds like you were able to log into the old account - did you go thru every server and see if he is on a different server? I would do that because there were a couple server merges and he may not be where you remember - here is a list
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...8-What-is-the-EverQuest-server-merge-history-

As for Udaydar being missing you could use this link here to file a petition. Although it starts with missing account if you follow the flow it will get you to the character.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...07-What-if-my-EverQuest-character-is-missing-

Remember don't say no right off the bat or that none of these apply because this is the process that is in place to help you.
  3. Udaydar New Member

Yeah, I checked other servers, although even with the mergers he should still be on Cazic Thule, so the only thing i can think of is missing or I'm doing wrong account and the only account name I would've used besides one I did use, would go to an old email that I don't have access to nor do I even remember when I switched from it. But, I put in a support ticket and so my characters will either be found or I can get help if its actually on different name.
  4. Udaydar New Member

Woot! it's about to be fixed, apparently I had made some other account name, guess think it was after they became daybreak, guess didn't realize so made a new one rather then look for old account cuz didn't realize they use to be sony.entertainment. so getting to use old account.
    Dythan likes this.
  5. Udaydar New Member

:confused::eek: I spoke too soon. So I did the forgot password and used my old Username, the one that was suppose to be recovered by just taking off old email i don't have access to and putting in one my current email... so after not receiving an email. I did the forgot username and used my current email and I receive the response email saying these are the usernames attached to that email, except it doesn't list any. Now, when I try to do forgot password and input the username it says that username doesn't even exist.... so on off chance maybe they just transferred my characters to the newer account, i logged on and.... nope, nada. Hopefully it can be fixed quickly by replying to old ticket, cuz that's the other thing, the ticket isn't even showing up as closed and still listed, it's just blank as if my newer account never made a ticket. I do realize with everything happening all actions are slowed, but just saying hope i don't get put at end of line with a new ticket asking for help on this which is the fixing of an older ticket.
  6. Krizma New Member

this is Udaydar, apparently it works now and it was in transition to be fixed... probably wouldn't have been so impatient if we weren't basically on shelter in place... ok probably still would've been. just wish instead of it saying username doesn't exist it would've said you locked out for 24 hr and any redo of this resets timer. well thanks, sincerely, to the help and I am now, if you haven't guessed, on my old account, woot woot. time to start playing some eq
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Same thing happens to my one account. Clearly says the username doesn't exist.

So are you saying that username (that did not exist) was able to recover?
    You are using that account to that username that 'didn't exist' ?
  8. Etridian New Member

Hopefully an admin can see this. Also, if this should be posted somewhere else, please forgive me, its my first post here! Old player/returning noob confusion on how this works and stuff....

I played back in 2001-2, on he Terris-Thule server. I wanted to reclaim my account after getting back on last week. I cant for the life of me remember my login or email used ( I am sure I don't even have access to that email now ). To submit a support ticket I must have the account name, email, credit card number used......Hey guys and gal, its been almost 20 years. Heck, I'm just glad I remember my toons name. Its the same as my forum name - Etridian. I started the "Syndicate of Terris-Thule" guild back in the day, with a few other players ( Bastisis is the toon I remember the most, as we adventured exclusively together, and were going to "get married" in game ). Toon was a moderately leveled DE Cleric Any help guys and gals?

I can give some other pertinent info to some admins if they contact me that I dont want to put on the public forums.

tl;dr - Need to access my old toon, but cant remember my logins and stuff that is 20 years old.

PS - EQ is the one and only MMO I have ever played. Soooo maybe that's worth some brownie points? :)
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not likely an admin will see this or contact you:( in person on these forums.They just don't have time for that.

They occasionally will comment on posts but as far as recovering an account you would need to go thru the format and you could supply that pertinent info thru there and not worry about it being on public forum.

It never hurts to give it a try, and you may need to make a new account to do so. Here is the link:
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-
  10. Etridian New Member

Well, as I said, I tried that, but I cant even submit a ticket without the info I DONT have on the first place.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Use the account that you are posting with to file a petition. Go here:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us

Make sure they have your e-mail address and give them all the information you can. No guarantee of success, but posting here will get you nothing much more than sympathy. And make sure to check your e-mail if they need follow up information. Also, if you happened to use the credit card you used to pay for Everquest with Amazon, it may still be on file. Good luck.
  12. Etridian New Member

You just don't get it. I DON'T HAVE THE INFO REQUIRED TO EVEN SUBMIT THE TICKET. Get it? DBG locks you out of submitting a ticket ( you know, that whole *requried field* thing ). The ticket cannot even be submitted without gobs of info I don't have anymore, hence why I was hoping a ADMIN might see the posts and offer help.
  13. Etridian New Member

OK, Im stupid. I get what you meant now Nennius. Sorry. I was being an .
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

All good. I hope you are successful.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If you don't have any meaningful information to supply DBG just go and make a new character on a new account.

Not sure why you think posting here will get them to ignore their security protocols. *shrugs*

And seriously learn to be nicer to folks who are actually trying to help you whether it is useful help or not. Me you can get mad at because I think you are just being a child.
    xxGriff likes this.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

With this account you are posting with, you can create a support ticket saying your situation. You don't need to give info to put in a support ticket. The questions they ask you will need to give some information. You can't exactly say, hey, I was this player, give me my account back. Anyone here could say hi, I'm Corwyhn Lionheart, give me my account back..
    GM" OH OK, I'll reset the password, here you go" . ( I don't think so) .

If you don't have any clue on any information, why bother to mention it?
    Pay a monthly sub, heroic a toon *It is given right now for anniversary* enjoy the game.
    xxGriff and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  17. Etridian New Member

Well, DBG support is truly amazing. They really went above and beyond in helping me finally recover my account. Truly remarkable effort and persistence on their part. Never once did they hint that they were going to just shrug it off and give up, even though I was already at that point. They just kept asking questions and doggedly pursuing a chance for me to reclaim my old account. I finally got in yesterday. Freaking awesome support. DBG is a class act, through and through.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Skuz like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am very glad to hear you had such a positive interaction & they were able to recover your account, I'm sure it must have felt very frustrating.

Welcome back.
    Etridian likes this.