Aradune a GM enforced no box server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kenshin11, Mar 23, 2020.

1. birisu Elder

You can always tell these people have no clue when they accuse everyone who boxes of cheating and then suggest stuff like removing /follow (which the actual cheaters don't even use).
    Zinth, Skuz and code-zero like this.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

"Armies" AKA boxing. You can bot without boxing. You can't really lock people out of content by botting only you need to bot+box. You can lock people out of content by boxing regardless of if it's automated, macroni quest or legit boxing.
  3. jiri_ Augur

Botting without boxing is much much worse than boxing without botting.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Just repeating it doesn't make it true.

The problem people is being locked out of content.

Boxing locks people out of content.

Botting doesn't
  5. code-zero Augur

So you're actually okay with automation software?
    You want to know what else locks people out of content? Guilds do
    On RF and LJ some guilds deliberately camped bottle necks for epics in order to kill any quest NPC spawned by another player to prevent them from getting the epic.
    These were live human beings with nothing else to do between raiding but watch and batphone when someone showed up to try to get an epic step done.

Of course you'd probably think those people were actually boxing....
    Skuz likes this.
  6. jiri_ Augur

Are you nuts? Botting absolutely does, even at the lowest level. There were times on Phinegal where it was damn near impossible for a brand-new druid to get a fire beetle eye because there were 10 level 50 mages sitting at the spawn points for the beetles killing them as they dropped out of the sky.

Boxing is a thing that enables people to do things. I'd never have gone to Dalnir at a level-appropriate time if I didn't have a healer and a tank in-house as it were. Yeah, people abuse it. People abuse everything, even just playing the game without anything else.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Boxing isn't even the toxic component. Toxic humans are the issue, and they will run rampant without gms no matter the ruleset.

A no box server is probably something the macaroni farmers are drooling over in anticipation.
    Skuz and jiri_ like this.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Honestly i hope you're meming, must've been rough being locked out of the "Fire beetle camp" truly on the same level as not being able to do your epic or having access to BiS gear or getting run out of your camp because somebody with 6 mages decided he wanted it.

The only place that people botted fire beetle eyes was in Paineel, which no druids start near. They were doing with level 12 mages and it was literally 3 mages that were all the same person BOXING.

Nobody has ever been locked out of
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

First part is true. Boxing isn't the toxic component. But boxing is what truly enables toxic component. If you're dbag and you 6 box it really doesn't matter. If you only play 1 toon and you wanna be a dbag to everyone you're gonna have a rough time.

Second part false. Lot less toxicity on servers with less boxing. For the reasons stated above.
  10. jiri_ Augur

The people running six-mage armies aren't people. They're server farms in southeast Asia selling the gear for kronos and selling the kronos for money, and they're the same ones who do the same thing in every MMO.

What possible value could allowing automated gameplay provide? Why are you so determined to excuse it?
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Please stop making stuff up. I never said they said they should allow botting. I said botting isn't nearly as bad as boxing.
  12. jiri_ Augur

Every time you've tried to explain why boxing is bad, your example has been bot-related (or human nature-related), and not something that has anything to do with boxing at all.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  13. Fraggly Augur

Lots of great ideas for Aradune here, hope you guys get the server of your dreams.

Maybe disabling auto follow would make it super obvious who is cheating because they would still be following? IDK, good luck to getting special things like this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Here we go again.
  15. Arrk Augur

The point of this thread was to allow no boxing.... that means removing /follow remove the majority of issues. The rest has to be caught by policing. With no /follow it is much easier to catch cheaters by just monitoring activity.
    PirateLordCarroll likes this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

You guys don't get it. See jiri's post.
  17. Leifer69 New Member

Truebox does not mean No Box. And a no-bot policy does not mean there are no Bots.

I suspect the boxers who are use to controlling multiple toons on multiple computers won't care which server they necessarily play on, but I would suspect they would want to be on the most populace one. I also suspect the Botters will want to be on the most populace one to keep their business hopping.

I'm fairly certain that the "Truebox" server will be far and away much more of a cluster than the "boxing" server will be. Long live Truebox.
  18. mark Augur

well if you ran 6 charecters on 6 different pc and botted,in theory you could have 12,18 charecters logged on each pc each one on a different server.
  19. Clonkers Lorekeeper

People who are against boxing always strike me as the type to log in, say they're lfg in guild chat then sit there waiting for a group to invite them. They think that the reason they dont get groups is because people are boxing when the reality is because they're bad and noone wants to hang around with them.

Everyone I play with regularly boxes. We never leave each other out of things, we always work out whose gonna get xp and who wont. Our boxing let's us do smaller or older raids in off nights.

Everquest without boxing, particularly in the early expansions is mind numbing.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. Rotlust Augur

It won't happen, but it would be the absolute most popular TLP that would ever exist. 100%

Grouping/pugging would last much longer, too. Boxing is, frankly, a blight.